New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

In a few weeks I'll bet we all know. I'm on harmony too b2b2b. I'll wave. 

I use the lounge for the morning cream filled donut. They dont have them elsewhere. Then I go to wj for my fresh oj. 

I see tree skier replied .. also on a leg of harmony .. dave are you feeaking out? Sorry to tease lol. 

Is the initial  4-day one of your segments ?  

We are Diamond and only use the lounge in the morning for coffee & pastries (our second breakfast, lol). We like to sit and read in the morning, but don't mind doing that elsewhere if it's too crowded. We don't use the lounge in the evenings since we go to the early dinner.

If morning access is taken away, I hope that Royal will provide daily specialty coffee vouchers on our SeaPass cards as an alternative. Not a big deal though if they don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

If morning access is taken away

That would be a big deal to me.

I only have 2 cruises left before D+ so I'd live but I greatly appreciate that coffee machine.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The more info that comes out, the more it seems this is just a reaction to an extreme amount of high tier cruisers due to the nature of the cruise and not a cut and dry indication of a fleetwide policy.

That's what I think too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

So diamonds go in at 430 and take a seat, will someone actually go around and kick them out?

Must be something like world cruise or first icon or some big event cruise. I wouldnt care as I just use it in the morning anyway. By 5 pm I have so much food I dont want snacks. 

We've been on cruise where the concierge has gone around with a list and checked off names/cabin numbers for access.  Everything I've read so far from those actually onboard is that the info says it'll depend on numbers.  We use it, especially on smaller ships as there just aren't the places to get snacks in the later afternoon since we do late dining.  

• Like 3

The D lounge on Harmony last month was empty most of the time . They was 6 -8 people in there 

at most during the morning or afternoon. 

It would definitely be a bonehead move by RC to ban Diamonds during the off peak time .

All they would save is a few coffee beans while angering a lot of pax.

• Like 1

So diamonds go in at 430 and take a seat, will someone actually go around and kick them out?

On cruises with lots of loyalty members, it is pretty common for multiple people to enter after one person swipes a card.  Or for a server to hold the door for an approaching guest.  So, it is probably pretty easy to enter the lounges if one acts confident.

The D concierge could ask to see the cards of guests the concierge does not know.

The crown lounge waitstaff could be instructed only to serve D+ and PC (and potentially monitored for D card swipes from 5-8).  It might not be much fun stay in a lounge for long if you cannot be served.

20 minutes ago, loman said:

The D lounge on Harmony last month was empty most of the time . They was 6 -8 people in there 

at most during the morning or afternoon. 

It would definitely be a bonehead move by RC to ban Diamonds during the off peak time .

All they would save is a few coffee beans while angering a lot of pax.

Since there isn’t a view, those deck 4 lounges do not seem to be especially popular spots to spend a lot of time during the day.  Many people are in and out in a short time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Next week will be my second cruise as Diamond. I enjoyed spending time in the DL for happy hour and having some cocktails and snacks pre dinner. I will be disappointed if I can no longer do that.

@Sea Dogsnacks are against the rules when on a diet...lol leaves more room for drinks tho

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I didnt even get a welcome letter on allure. Usually it says welcome and your perks and I wanted to see bogo exceptions listed. I was told they did away with the letter.

No letter lol. Poof. 

Still received the Crown Lounge welcome letter, but the LA welcome letter has been replaced by this:

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

Edited by orville99

Only the top 30 pinnacles have access to the suite lounge. .. count how high you are pinnacles, it's your turn.

20231015_112702475.jpeg

“As one of our top Pinnacle Club members, you and other guests in your stateroom will still have full SeaPass card access all cruise long”

Do non-PC guests in the Stateroom with a PC have suite lounge, suite sun deck and CK access?  If a PC couple books so each is booked in a cabin with a half a newbie couple, would all four have access while other PC’s are locked out?  I hope not.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

We boarded Mariner on 10-13-21.  Our welcome letter did not mention any restrictions for Diamond members.  Due to the number of Pinns onboard, Pinns are not allowed in the Suites Lounge this week but apparently there are fewer on board next week so we will be allowed in.  Yippee !

image.thumb.png.81dac1b1b1bcc0cc33661186735bfbd3.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

For now...

While I certainly won't say things won't change at sometime years down the road I do not foresee them changing in the short term.  They are handling this exactly as I expected, dealing with the crowding situation when it warrants based on the specific number of guests on board and still allowing Diamonds access the rest of the day for coffees and breakfast..

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Still received the Crown Lounge welcome letter, but the LA welcome letter has been replaced by this:

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

Yes 2 of you now confirmed what i posted early in this thread. I said I got this. In fact I have this exact general thing they gave me in my cabin a few weeks ago in front of me. I posted the letter specifically for that ship they told me is gone. All you get is a copy of what's online. So 2 of you posted it to me to confirm exactly what I said? Not sure why. I have a copy and its a copy of all levels what's online. Not the old specific letter. The letter saying welcome to D+ here are the exceptions for this ship is gone. Dont know why people posting a copy of what's online. I just got off allure and was staring a fact. But ok thanks for confirming  .... i guess you agree there is no specific letter as I said? Is this show me your generic phamplet and ill show you mine time? Got a copy right here.

Seems no pinnacles care about their access being cut from happy hour drinks, just diamonds cut from snacks on a couple of ships. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Seems no pinnacles care about their access being cut from happy hour drinks, just diamonds cut from snacks on a couple of ships. Lol

Just to add a twist.  I don't care about access, but I'm not happy when no Pinnacles have access. I like the idea of the top 20-30 P's getting access.  OMG there are computers in the world that can count.

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

I wanted the letter they specifically used to address to D+. ..on grandeur izumi was excepted from bogo in the specific letter. On allure it was not excepted .. that's why I asked for a copy of the letter we used to get specific to THAT ship. Not a generic phamplet. Some ships letter varied in the past.

I was told gone .. yes I got that phamplet instead. I was just on sept 17 and sept 24.. so it's not like my information is old and ot of date. The letter specific to that ship is gone. If I hadnt seen different exceptions in different letters for grandeur and allure I wouldnt have asked for a copy from customer service.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

In a few weeks I'll bet we all know. I'm on harmony too b2b2b. I'll wave. 

I use the lounge for the morning cream filled donut. They dont have them elsewhere. Then I go to wj for my fresh oj. 

I see tree skier replied .. also on a leg of harmony .. dave are you feeaking out? Sorry to tease lol. 

No, I don’t think I’ve even been in the diamond lounge during HH. With vouchers who needs it. If we’re allowed during our time on Harmony maybe I’ll check it out but I usually have early dining so I’d only have a 1/2 hour anyways.

I’ve only gone to the DL for cappuccinos before lunch.

That being said I still don’t like any trend that would  diminish benefits to diamond members.  

Oh, I’ll be diamond plus early 2025 but hate to see people lose any benefit. 

• Like 6