Survey about Solarium Family Hours

Luvcrusn

I received a survey today about my feelings about having family hours in the solarium and how it would affect my likelihood to book future cruises with X. Did anyone else get this? My DH did not. The survey inquired about our use of the Solarium, what we liked about the venue, how often we frequented it and feelings about allowing children > 18 to use the space. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I can understand that sometimes if the temperature outside is cold, or the seas choppy children may be allowed in the solarium, and that's fine for very limited hours during the days.  But I would much prefer that the solarium be for adults when those exceptions aren't necessary.  We had a nasty experience swimming in a local pool when a toddler's swimming nappy just wasn't quite as secure as it perhaps should have been....still gives us nightmares.🤢

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very strange considering Royal Caribbean just changed their Solarium rules upping the age requirement from 16 to 18. Celebrity needs to pick a lane and perfect it instead of spitballing to see what they can get to stick. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

We have not received the survey. If we do, adults only! One of the reasons we book X is the ambience and experience. If we wanted it a different way, we'd have stayed with RC or go to a similar line. 

That is almost exactly what I put on my survey!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

No kids, No loud music , No loud videos on computers, No nude sunbathers ,

Every one of the above is tooooo distracting !!

+ snoring that will rattle the windows from those taking their 6 hour morning nap 

+ screamers in the hot tubs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sort of like Caddyshack, give the kids 15 minutes on the fist port day of the cruise.  10-10:15. Only if it's raining though.  

To answer OP though,  my Wife nor I received said survey.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finding a quiet area to relax on ships that overwhelm passengers with glitz and constant thumping music in excess of 100 dbls is an increasing challenge. Ships libraries have disappeared and replaced with high energy, revenue generating venues. We love the solitude of the Solarium and keeping it as an adult venue. 

Darcy 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

1---snoring that will rattle the windows from those taking their 6 hour morning nap

2---screamers in the hot tubs

1---That's called " Celebrity Olympics " and takes place every afternoon between 2-4pm

2--- That's permitted -- Ya can't get hearing aides wet and besides everyone around the pool wants to hear that your Waiter forgot to bring your 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time, and if it happens again, etc etc.

54 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

Finding a quiet area to relax on ships that overwhelm passengers with glitz and constant thumping music in excess of 100 dbls is an increasing challenge. Ships libraries have disappeared and replaced with high energy, revenue generating venues. We love the solitude of the Solarium and keeping it as an adult venue. 

Darcy 

100 dbs...that's a stretch...

• Like 1

keep the Solarium Adults ONLY....except for a small window  of time in Alaska when most adults are dining.

Children should NEVER be permitted  in any hot tubs in the Solarium and other locations.. They being mis-used as heated kiddo pee  pools  and teen hangouts..

We use the Solarium early.. the water is  clean then.  No crowds or drooling snorers.  We relocate as the din increases!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gosh,  I feel a bit on my own but I think families should be allowed to use the Solarium between set times (5pm to 7pm?) daily no matter where in the world the cruise is…

Most adults by then are either getting ready for dinner or already enjoying an early evening drink.

It is years now since we have cruised with a child but as long as Celebrity is taking the money off families then I do feel that their needs/wishes should be taken into account….

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

the current  Solarium pools are dumbed down versions of the original T pools..no minerals or true hydro jets.

They are supposed to be at a therapeutic  warm..not hot..temp.), . and some  have grated seating and some with sprays..all designed for adult use..

the limited exceptions have already led to  longer  Solarium  family hrs.. teen pool parties etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

keep the Solarium Adults ONLY....except for a small window  of time in Alaska when most adults are dining.

Children should NEVER be permitted  in any hot tubs in the Solarium and other locations.. They being mis-used as heated kiddo pee  pools  and teen hangouts..

We use the Solarium early.. the water is  clean then.  No crowds or drooling snorers.  We relocate as the din increases!

Well...

image.thumb.png.c9c9ce246848474d9a0ee24acd7cfd5c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Well...

image.thumb.png.c9c9ce246848474d9a0ee24acd7cfd5c.png

Don't need no studies, don't need no articles, don't need no surveys, don't need no nothing !!

Just open you eyes and see how long some of the " old farts " are in the hot tub or pool without getting out !!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1