Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

We just got off the Symphony of the Seas.  They have a D. lounge with food and coffees but no bar drinks.  We each received 4 bar drinks per day automatically on our key cards which could be used at any bar or in the dining rooms except the robotic bar.  Much easier and more pleasant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The coffee voucher is nice and all, but aside from it being more convenient for me (maybe not others) to use the CL machine, I know I'm not the only one who drinks significantly more than one specialty coffee per day so that's not really an equivalent replacement for access to the machine.

#teammachine

Good point.  When we used the coffee machine in the crown lounge we probably had 2-3 each, daily.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lexus7 said:

We just got off the Symphony of the Seas.  They have a D. lounge with food and coffees but no bar drinks.  We each received 4 bar drinks per day automatically on our key cards which could be used at any bar or in the dining rooms except the robotic bar.  Much easier and more pleasant.

You still use your vouchers, but they do have drink service in the Crown Lounge from 5-8.

55 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you.  Do they give you physical coupons to use, or rather vouchers loaded onto your Seapass card in some way?  Sounds like some ships are maybe doing it one way and others differently?

The voucher is added to your card. That’s how they did it on our cruise. Not all cruises need this but we’re top heavy and one quirky coffee machine  isn’t enough 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lexus7 said:

When I was on Symphony a few months ago they had waiters who took your drink order and went to the bar next door for it. 

I don't think many DL/CL have a bar actually in the lounge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

When I was on Symphony a few months ago they had waiters who took your drink order and went to the bar next door for it. 

I don't think many DL/CL have a bar actually in the lounge 

Correct, drink service is available from 5-8pm in the lounge either you pay with a voucher or charge it to your sea pass. 

• Like 1

We were on a B2B on Wonder this past April. We probably visited the then-DL each night after early dining. Plenty of seating then!  But not very friendly fellow cruisers. Just because we get there first, and there’s plenty of space, we don’t mind if you want to sit with us!

But I do prefer the Lounge on Anthem. Missed the windows on Wonder. The virtual outside screens were just not the same!  

Looking forward to next Spring on Wonder, and to see what has changed in the Crown Lounge. 

On 10/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, outtoseacruise said:

Hopefully they expand it to anyone under DP340 gets kicked out of the Crown Lounge. If Pins are getting banished from the Suite Lounge it rolls downhill. 

Why do that?  the people who pay for suites are definitely entitled to the suite lounge however it is a courtesy benefit for Pinnacle to have access the the suite lounge.  The perks for being "loyal" clients will continue to be tweaked based on the numbers.  If the diamond lounge can hold diamond plus and pinnacles, why limit it to diamond plus with 340 points?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, outtoseacruise said:

Hopefully they expand it to anyone under DP340 gets kicked out of the Crown Lounge. If Pins are getting banished from the Suite Lounge it rolls downhill. 

22 hours ago, outtoseacruise said:

Easy solution is Diamond's get their coffee from the Windjammer.

52 minutes ago, outtoseacruise said:

No, if the D's want that they can go pay at Starbucks.

Your bitterness regarding the suite lounge is duly noted 🤣 but there is no need to take it out on Diamonds.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:
21 hours ago, joand452 said:

Looking forward to next Spring on Wonder, and to see what has changed in the Crown Lounge.

The sign?

Well technically the sign is outside the crown lounge  😈

I'll see myself out now......

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:48 PM, joand452 said:

We were on a B2B on Wonder this past April. We probably visited the then-DL each night after early dining. Plenty of seating then!  But not very friendly fellow cruisers. Just because we get there first, and there’s plenty of space, we don’t mind if you want to sit with us!

But I do prefer the Lounge on Anthem. Missed the windows on Wonder. The virtual outside screens were just not the same!  

Aloha. I agree with you regarding the DLounge on Anthem. We met every night with new found friends who remain so to this day.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:33 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you.  Do they give you physical coupons to use, or rather vouchers loaded onto your Seapass card in some way?  Sounds like some ships are maybe doing it one way and others differently?

No ships are providing an actual voucher that you have to use. Everything regarding drinks/extra coffee drink is loaded onto your sea pass card.  If your ship capacity warrants the extra coffee benefit,  there will be a card explaining the benefit in your cabin. The card is for informational purposes only it is not necessary, nor can I be used for a drink.  The coffee benefit is a daily benefit that may be used once per day any time during the day.

m

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:05 AM, island lady said:

I am still working on them to install that beer tap next to the coffee machine...stay tuned.  😄 

Okay, now we have started mission creep.  First coffee machines, now beer tap.  What's next, a wine tap?  LOL

I hope so!

• Like 3