Black Friday starts the 9th.

Taking our boys (15 and 13) on their first Royal cruise.. wondering if I should get them refreshment package? My husband and I already have the unlimited bev plan.

I booked the zip line for my husband and boys for 53.99 each. Lowest I have seen it since I have been eyeing it. 

Nothing else good for any other further cruises out…utopias selections are very blah 

We like the beach bungalow on Labadee now that we book junior suites and don’t have access to barefoot beach.  I rebooked 2 of them and saved over $500!  They were $540 and are now $250.  I was also able to change 2 Coco cay visits from beach beds to beach club for the same price.  Beach club was $123 for those sailings.

My savings can go to the deposits for more cruises!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Wow... when is a sale not a sale?  When RCI increases the prices two weeks ago and then puts them "on sale" for more than they were on sale in the previous month.  Only things actually "on sale" were the ultimate dining, specialty lunches and refreshment package.  The "up to 55% off internet" was actually higher today than it was three weeks ago with normal sale.  Not too terribly surprised but still disappointed.  I am sure some others will be able to find better deals, but few for my cruises....

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

in true royal fashion, royal raised the prices by about 15-20 dollars making the discounted black friday sale roughly the same price as yesterday, only difference is around 5-10 dollars. its a decent sale. there is only a few excursions that is truly 50% off

It is definitely on selective things.

Depends on which ship, and what you're looking for.  Everything I wanted was lower price last night than anything in the last 6 months...specialty lunches, soda package, water package, gifts and gear, etc...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Does anyone know how long this Black Friday sale is supposed to last? Will it still be going on on Black Friday?

Knowing Royal, the sale will go three weeks past Black Friday and the prices will change 17 times between now and then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cancelled an rebooked a few thing this morning for my April cruise

Beach bungalow at Labadee was $520 now $274.00

Lunch at Chops first days was $22.99 now $15.99

Facial went down $13.00

Total savings today was $266.00 for 2 minutes online 🙂

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Does anyone know how long this Black Friday sale is supposed to last? Will it still be going on on Black Friday?

It likely will run all the way thru Cyber Monday which is the 27th. Then it will get extended 24 or 48 hours. Dining package and shore excursion are capacity limited so the best ones will sell out.

38 minutes ago, SunsetsNSmiles said:

Taking our boys (15 and 13) on their first Royal cruise.. wondering if I should get them refreshment package? My husband and I already have the unlimited bev plan.

I booked the zip line for my husband and boys for 53.99 each. Lowest I have seen it since I have been eyeing it. 

Nothing else good for any other further cruises out…utopias selections are very blah 

We cruised in June and purchased the refreshment package for our kids and it was definitely worth it, especially with Johnny Rockets shakes included. 

1 minute ago, ReRe71 said:

We cruised in June and purchased the refreshment package for our kids and it was definitely worth it, especially with Johnny Rockets shakes included. 

thanks! I just purchased… it ended up being $225 for the 2 of them for a 4 nighter - I figure between virgin drinks, Johnny rocket shakes and even bottles of water it will be better off to just stay stress free and not have any surprises at the end of vaca!!

• Like 3

Thanks so much for the heads up on the Black Friday sale...I was able to rebook at lower prices for the Escape Room as well as lunch for specialty restaurants and the soda package. I follow the prices every day and this is the lowest so far! Was fun to wake up in the morning and check the sale! Score!! 🙂

12 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Is it just me or did they raise the prices to accommodate the "sale".....??  

On some things they definitely did. I saw the internet on my two cruises go up by a few dollars several days ago. Guess what? With the BF "sale" it's back down to the exact same price it was before they put it up. I'm not suprised in the slightest; I knew as soon as I saw the price go up that that was what they were doing but it's disappointing nonetheless. 😕

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Is it just me or did they raise the prices to accommodate the "sale".....??  

noticed the same thing for my cruise next year. with this "sale" i am only saving  only 10 dollars or less 

I was just about to check it for ICON in Sept.  Thanks for the heads up, saved another $38 including tax!  I originally paid $70.99 for Hideaway Beach pass and it's now $62.99 so they had not raised it since back in July.  Every penny saved is a penny earned 🤗

Edited by BecciBoo

Well well well, the cruise planner checkout page is frozen, and I called and the phone rep says he can't even get into the system. He said "don't worry, they're working on it. I apologize for any inconvenience." I'm not holding my breath to actually get the Coco Cay thrill pass for $43.99. Grrrrr. Is anyone surprised? 🤣

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

noticed the same thing for my cruise next year. with this "sale" i am only saving  only 10 dollars or less 

I took screen shots for my Odyssey cruise in Jan.  They did not raise any base prices for anything, only additional discounts from the original base prices.

2 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Well well well, the cruise planner checkout page is frozen, and I called and the phone rep says he can't even get into the system. He said "don't worry, they're working on it. I apologize for any inconvenience." I'm not holding my breath to actually get the Coco Cay thrill pass for $43.99. Grrrrr. Is anyone surprised? 🤣

You will get it.

It is the same price for me. I have no interest in the waterpark but that is lower than last year, and it remained available for10 days.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

It likely will run all the way thru Cyber Monday which is the 27th.

It ends on 11/24.

Of course then they will likely have a Cyber Monday Sale that may or may not be identical.

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It ends on 11/24.

Of course then they will likely have a Cyber Monday Sale that may or may not be identical.

I'll be on harmony by cyber Monday and miss any further sales ... though I already overspent imo. Maybe it's better to remove temptation. I always wanted to do that twister boat. The beach break not so much but oh well. Cant book it alone any more. Says some birds and a buffet spread and open bar. Some other animals there on that island. 

I did that coastal boat ride 20 years ago when oasis was new, before allure came out. Labadee. This looks identical, same catamaran? Sure looks the same. Signed up again. Idk. I got burned so bad last time. Water reflected off the water. I stayed in the shade not realizing I was burning from the sun reflecting off the water. Signed up for a LOT. Best sale of the year. 

Didnt sign up for anything st croix and never been there. Nothing listed I wanted. Hope I can walk around and just look. I dont sign up for walking tours. Just go walk on your own. Got 2 excursions that leg I signed up for DR and puerto plata? Havent been to either of them. 

Seems like a good sale to me but some stuff close in sold out. Prices good but sold out. People now complaining about the sale .. a few days from now will be saying sold out. And complaining.

• Like 2