Friday November 17th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

I went and had the x-rays done that the Spine and Pain clinic ordered.  I was told today that there is such a backlog of images that it is now taking 2-3 weeks to get results.  Then the PT place called me and the earliest they can get me in is January.  I'm glad I'm not relying on the PT to relieve my pain or anything like that.  I guess at this rate I am hoping to get imaging results back sometime this calendar year so we can commence treatment in 2025.  

It is crazy --- my pain doc's PA wanted me to have an EMG (why I don't know 'cause I have no neurological symptoms)  anyway the next available appointment was in February!!!   I told her no, thanks.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Surely for both your physical relief and sanity, I hope you mean 2024...

I do hope you can get results at least w/in their estimated timeframe.

I was being sarcastic, but sometimes it seems that is what happens.  

37 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. It's nasty out. After PT I was going to stop at the grocery store, before the madness of Thanksgiving shopping, but it was pouring rain, so I deferred. My therapist was nice and walked me to my car while holding my umbrella, as I was juggling my purse and cane. I guess I'll try to go Sunday morning, when it's usually not too busy. I considered curbside pickup, but I like to pick my own fruit.

@dfish That's a long time to wait for results and for therapy, but what can you do?

@kochleffel I hope your foot is better soon.

Can you order your groceries online and get curbside pickup?  They are still doing that here.  Oops, just reread your post and I agree, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  As for the therapy and results, there is nothing I can do except shrug my shoulders.  

9 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

It is crazy --- my pain doc's PA wanted me to have an EMG (why I don't know 'cause I have no neurological symptoms)  anyway the next available appointment was in February!!!   I told her no, thanks.

My friend in Denver waited three months for the "next available appointment" for a MRI.  Glad it isn't anything serious. 

I know the doctors here are up in arms over the imaging results issues.  Seems hospital administration changed the radiology department to a remote group.  Right after they did that, there was a mass exodus from that remote group.  Tells you something.  I would think the hospital would want an in house radiologist.  Sometimes the doctors want to consult with them.  And look at the films on the big screen while talking with the radiologist.  

Edited by dfish
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from Miami,

The drive was not too bad.  A few sprinkles here and there but nothing terrible.

The worst part is the last part.

We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne and were upgraded to a suite.

Beautiful view of the port and beautiful room.

IMG_3297.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

IMG_3294.jpeg

• Like 30

57 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Cape Liberty is very easy with a car.  I just googled Rochester to Cape Liberty and they suggested going most of the way on I81 through Scranton.

Roy

I live well south of Rochester, so the route is I-86 to I-81, etc. But I plan to spend two nights in Manhattan before embarking. I'll garage my car at the Weehawken ferry terminal for those nights, and then drive it to Cape Liberty.

• Like 9

Good 64 degrees evening. It was a nice day today but cooler tomorrow. 
@Crazy For Cats, Jake , not sure when you’re heading this way, but I just wanted to let you know that Shady Maple has mincemeat pies available in the bakery. There’s also Sunnyside pastries located 2 miles north on route 897 from SM . 
I hope everyone has had a good day.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good 64 degrees evening. It was a nice day today but cooler tomorrow. 
@Crazy For Cats, Jake , not sure when you’re heading this way, but I just wanted to let you know that Shady Maple has mincemeat pies available in the bakery. There’s also Sunnyside pastries located 2 miles north on route 897 from SM . 
I hope everyone has had a good day.

We are heading down Thanksgiving morning and will visit DM and DS on Thursday.  We’ll spend the night in Plymouth Meeting.  Friday we will go visit the grandkids and spend the night in New Holland.  We will head home Saturday after we visit Shady Maple.  I saw Yoders was selling containers of mincemeat.

BTW the New Holland Family Dinner menu looks pretty good, especially for breakfast.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I know i'm late today, those hours for the Las Vegas race are to weird, so after we got a breakfast, with real sausage (something we didnt see for 25 days on the cruise ship) we arrived at the docs ( we actually got there on time, but he was north of town doing surgery, so they said go eat, and we did).

This is our heart dcoc, and the one who found me the pulmonologist, but was upset when i told him that the doc is only in this part of town every 5 weeks, and has changed my appointments the last 4 times I have been there.  He ordered me oxygen, but here's the weird part....no one in his office knows how to order it.  We called back later in the day, and the wonderful Carrie Lynn said she would have to call the pulmonologist office to find out how to order oxygen for me.  The doc did listen to my lungs, he also said he could hear me wheezing across the room, or it was the sound of the angels above trying to get his attention.  In other words, I trumped Chuck on needing care.

Well if anyone knows how to order oxygen, I would love to be able to tell Carrie Lynn on Monday.

Pizza has just arrived, yeah!  so dinner is served.  Bubbly water, no wine.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We are heading down Thanksgiving morning and will visit DM and DS on Thursday.  We’ll spend the night in Plymouth Meeting.  Friday we will go visit the grandkids and spend the night in New Holland.  We will head home Saturday after we visit Shady Maple.  I saw Yoders was selling containers of mincemeat.

BTW the New Holland Family Dinner menu looks pretty good, especially for breakfast.

I know Yoders well. If you’re ever there on your birthday, they also offer a free meal (buffet). 
I might try it out on Wednesday, it’s not as crowded as SM.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I know Yoders well. If you’re ever there on your birthday, they also offer a free meal (buffet). 
I might try it out on Wednesday, it’s not as crowded as SM.

We've done breakfast there a few times.  Also picked up some birdhouse gourds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon,

Three of us had a really nice visit 'round the fire pit this afternoon.  One of the 4 had to cancel because she's feeling under the weather -- congestion and sinus issues.  We missed her, and hope we'll get another chance to do this when she's feeling better. It was a gorgeous day today!

BFF is still waiting to get the Covid test results. Apparently even though her doctor told her she would get the results today, now they're saying 48-72 hours.  So that would be tomorrow at the soonest. 

As I was out visiting, DH started packing.  Nice to get that started and figure out the luggage situation.  

I hope everyone had a nice day!

• Like 15

A very late good evening.  We are still planning on leaving tomorrow, but it won't be very early.   There is still a lot of stuff that needs to be loaded on the motorhome.  When you have to start from scratch and have to figure out where things should go it takes longer.  Also, as DH tried the various systems on the motorhome, we had to stop and fix them.  A couple of days ago propane heater didn't work, and after an hour trying to find the problem, DH realized someone had turned off the propane from the thank.  Then DH spent a couple of days trying to get the inverter to work.  After resetting it, it is working.  Today he wanted to try out the on demand propane water heater.  Working on it over several hours, including a couple of calls to the dealer, it is still not working.  Those attempts involved both of us.  It looks like we'll be using the showers in the campgrounds.  It could be worse.  At least, the water pump works.

Tomorrow will be a short day with only about four hours driving.  The next day will also be about four hours driving, with the last two days having about 6 hours driving each day.  And to think, we used to make it from north of Houston to Quartzsite in two days.  But then we were about 25 years younger.

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a bright, sunny morning here in the PNW.  Perfect day for our fire pit gathering this afternoon.  I was pleased that everyone is eager to come, it's been too long. We have a great group.

I won't be taking a hike, most of my walking is done on the treadmill lately.  I salute all students, and will pass on the Baklava -- too sweet for me and as Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser said, it isn't chocolate. 😉  I'll also pass on the meal but the drink and wine both sound good.  Last night I made Quiche to use up the ham and some cheese we had, something I hadn't made in years.  It was tasty!  I don't agree with the quote and haven't been to La Paz.

Yesterday we had a little bit of a scare.  DH was told to do a follow-up chest x-ray after having the pneumonia, and after the x-ray they sent him for a CT scan.  Apparently it was better but something didn't look right.  Thankfully the PA called him as soon as he got home after the scan and let him know that there's nothing to worry about, the scan showed no problem.  Whew!  

Someone else I'm worrying about today, my BFF told me last night she'd been exposed to Covid and woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat.  Her doctor did a test that is more accurate than the rapid tests, and she's waiting to hear the results.  We have plans to have lunch together on Monday, so I'm hoping she's ok for several reasons.

@seagarsmoker I was dismayed to hear that you got caught up in the company layoffs.  I hope you can find something else soon.

Vanessa @JazzyV  Yay about 5 hours of sleep!  Now to get rid of that darn pain and back to feeling better.

Carolyn, I'm glad the scan showed no problem.  I hope your BFF is negative and feels better soon.

9 hours ago, quilty964 said:
  • Good afternoon from another nice day in SE Wisconsin.  It's close to 50F with lots of nice sunshine.  Supposed to get more normal temps here over the weekend.  No hikes for me today, but I did rake some leaves, that should count for something.  Haven't been to the port, and I'm not sure about the meal of the day.  The drink sounds good, and the I'm not sure I like todays quote.  
  • @seagarsmokerSorry to hear about your job loss, not a good time, but hoping something wonderful comes up for you.  
  • Sorry to her about the pain problems, hoping things start to look up for everyone.  
  • @Quartzsite CruiserHave a safe trip to your winter home in your wonderful, new home!  
  • @rafinmdsounds like your cruise is going well, enjoy! 
  • Bon Voyage to everyone else getting ready to travel!  
  • @marshhawkHoping you get to see a dr, and feel better soon.
  • @RMLincolnEnjoy your new home!
  • The son of a friend is playing football in the State Championship game today at 4 pm, I'm cheering for them, because the team they are  playing beat us!  😉 Have a Great Weekend, Karen

Edited to add, I'm not sure why the dots are there for the new lines! 

Thanks for the good wishes for our trip.

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

I went and had the x-rays done that the Spine and Pain clinic ordered.  I was told today that there is such a backlog of images that it is now taking 2-3 weeks to get results.  Then the PT place called me and the earliest they can get me in is January.  I'm glad I'm not relying on the PT to relieve my pain or anything like that.  I guess at this rate I am hoping to get imaging results back sometime this calendar year so we can commence treatment in 2025.  

Debbie, the hospital north of us where DH has had his mri's and CT scans uses a radiologist in Fort Worth, but I think he is apart of that health care system.  He gets the results quickly.  I hope the wheels of medicine will turn more quickly than predicted.  

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Greetings from Miami,

The drive was not too bad.  A few sprinkles here and there but nothing terrible.

The worst part is the last part.

We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne and were upgraded to a suite.

Beautiful view of the port and beautiful room.

IMG_3297.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

IMG_3294.jpeg

Terri, I'm glad you arrived safely and had little rain.  The suite looks lovely.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I know i'm late today, those hours for the Las Vegas race are to weird, so after we got a breakfast, with real sausage (something we didnt see for 25 days on the cruise ship) we arrived at the docs ( we actually got there on time, but he was north of town doing surgery, so they said go eat, and we did).

This is our heart dcoc, and the one who found me the pulmonologist, but was upset when i told him that the doc is only in this part of town every 5 weeks, and has changed my appointments the last 4 times I have been there.  He ordered me oxygen, but here's the weird part....no one in his office knows how to order it.  We called back later in the day, and the wonderful Carrie Lynn said she would have to call the pulmonologist office to find out how to order oxygen for me.  The doc did listen to my lungs, he also said he could hear me wheezing across the room, or it was the sound of the angels above trying to get his attention.  In other words, I trumped Chuck on needing care.

Well if anyone knows how to order oxygen, I would love to be able to tell Carrie Lynn on Monday.

Pizza has just arrived, yeah!  so dinner is served.  Bubbly water, no wine.

Annie, I'm glad the heart doctor could work you in. I hope they order the oxygen soon.

Now, it's time to try to get some sleep.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1