Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I can't turn off the water to the house.  Caretaker waters our plants.  🙂 

One good suggestion I've also heard is to turn off the water just to the washing machine.  The supply hoses sometimes break.  That way you can leave the water on to the rest of the house.

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

One good suggestion I've also heard is to turn off the water just to the washing machine.  The supply hoses sometimes break.  That way you can leave the water on to the rest of the house.

Yup, always on my check list to do for every trip.  Been doing that for many years...but thanks!  🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

165/195 for me - Just 30 to go 

(Throw in Capital Cities as well)

🪣 3/4 Full 

A few on there I have not yet been too, hopefully one day 🌍 

Nancy 🍹

Impressive! 

I'm somewhere in the upper 50's/lower 60's, but, lost my list in my last phone switch.  Just haven't recreated yet.  I count countries, emirates and territories, with transits as an *note.  Now I'm going to have to do a Capital City list! 🙃 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Not only getting into Miami way too early thanks to Delta's flight change...but getting to port too early, even though we sat at Miami airport for an extra hour to delay our taxi ride.  Thought we were in luck when porters were there already taking checked bags (best part of the morning).  

Lined up in the Suites/Pinnacle que outside terminal, but since they were shuttling in the full WC cruisers one bus at a time...with long delays in between...we waited long past our check in time.  

Then when we finally got to check in at 12:30....there was a huge delay with getting the right paperwork due to cabin change.  

Yes, we won our Royal UP bid.  Now happily settled for 63 nights in a Grand Suite in great location.  😄 

Even though the new mattress on the bad was nice...still very firm and oh so happy I brought the foam topper.  Left it spread out over the bed to "poof up" and indeed had to trim it (thanks  @orville99 for making sure I had my full sized scissors to trim it).   Our fantastic cabin attendant redid the bed to install it under the sheets.  Wonderful!  Like sleeping on a cloud!  John (of John and Lala) very happy to inherit it when we disembark in LA!  😄 

And speaking of John and Laura...had a wonderful time with them for drinks at VCL bar (Steve the bartender fantastic)...then we all transferred to the CL to our favorite bar seats for another set of before dinner drinks.  🙂 

Found our assigned table...as a table for 10!  😮  Got it changed out to a nice quiet corner "two top" and enjoyed a great dinner in the MDR at 5:30.  Wonderful waiter team which will be with us all the way to LA.  

Breakfast in Chops this morning was equally wonderful.  😋

Things are definitely looking up...and enjoying our night #1 day 2!  🤗

That is fantastic you won your Royal Up to a Grand Suite Pat.

I'm happy for you and Bucky that your cruise has started so well and hope you have an amazing cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Docked next to her right now here in Coco Cay...such a beautiful ship!  🥰

yes I love the solarium the best on her.

hope the weather got better.

Looks like the first week of WC is really a Caribbean cruise with some nice southern islands

8 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Oddly when we were just on Odyssey for 27 nights, we got bored with drinking 🤪 I just couldn’t do 5 drinks every night anymore……I would get to schooner and say, what do I want tonight. 🤣

I feel the same way on a 7-day cruise sometimes, never mind a 27-day one.  We have Princess Plus on an upcoming Princess cruise.  15 drinks per day limit.  Some people you read about say it is just too limiting.  The only time I purchased a beverage package with RCCL for the week, I was tapping out by day 4.  To each their own.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is fantastic you won your Royal Up to a Grand Suite Pat.

I'm happy for you and Bucky that your cruise has started so well and hope you have an amazing cruise.

+1  Have the best time, Pat and Bucky!!🛳️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So my plan is now trying to get my DH enthused about doing something like this in the future, and of course his practical mind already has a question I can't answer - what do you do about medical insurance if the coverage you have now doesn't include international providers? We are familiar with insurance info for "normal/long length" cruises (usually buy ours from Deanna at the Trip Insurance Store) but nothing like something for 274 days.

I mentioned that maybe most purchase something like GeoBlue (that does includes worldwide coverage)? What about medical evacuation coverage? Do you include with GeoBlue or buy something like MedJet for that? I am really unsure of what people actually choose.

Any specifics would be appreciated, and all info will go toward my work-on-my-husband campaign 😄 

Edited by SeaHunt
clarity

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

So my plan is now trying to get my DH enthused about doing something like this in the future, and of course his practical mind already has a question I can't answer - what do you do about medical insurance if the coverage you have now doesn't include international providers? We are familiar with insurance info for "normal/long length" cruises (usually buy ours from Deanna at the Trip Insurance Store) but nothing like something for 274 days.

I mentioned that maybe most purchase something like GeoBlue (that does includes worldwide coverage)? What about medical evacuation coverage? Do you include with GeoBlue or buy something like MedJet for that? I am really unsure of what people actually choose.

Any specifics would be appreciated, and all info will go toward my work-on-my-husband campaign 😄 

Geo blue is only good for a max of 70 days. 

Steve at the trip insurance store was able to come up with coverage for some of the world cruisers but I’m not sure what it was. But apparently it can be done. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Funny thing is it has been pouring rain since we got here in Coco Cay.  😄  But no worries for us, been here too many times anyway.  We actually loved the little island when it was a tendered port.  More natural and quiet.  Now...Disney World type theme park.  😝

Thanks for posting along the way. I love the old Coco Cay too, but I have to say I love this one as well. Congrats on the Royal Up.. that is fantastic for this long journey to LA.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Geo blue is only good for a max of 70 days. 

Steve at the trip insurance store was able to come up with coverage for some of the world cruisers but I’m not sure what it was. But apparently it can be done. 

Yes, Steve and Deanna can get the appropriate insurance for it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I love the solarium the best on her.

hope the weather got better.

Looks like the first week of WC is really a Caribbean cruise with some nice southern islands

Thanks!  Cleared up enough by 10 am for our "walk about with Coco Loco".  😉  Did our usual walk to favorite bar at South Beach.  Lunch at Chill Grill (fresh tacos....Mmmmm...) an ice cream cone for the walk back to the ship.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RFerrington said:

@island lady, I somehow missed the awesome news that you have Royale Up to a GS !  Woohoo !  When did you find out ?  What a great treat.  Enjoy it !

On Thursday last week.  Caused some mess up at check in due to late cabin change...but finally all worked out. 

I did not post about it at first...just to be sure it all went well.  Very happy we were able to do it...we love our Grand Suites!  With this one for 63 nights...very comfortable!  🥰

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Thanks for posting along the way. I love the old Coco Cay too, but I have to say I love this one as well. Congrats on the Royal Up.. that is fantastic for this long journey to LA.

Yeah, getting spoiled already.  Day 2 much better than day 1!  😉 

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  I think we are all getting into the "flow' of things now.  😉  Day at sea, time to relax. 

After seeing some of the luggage posted on social media, I'm sure some people are still unpacking 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2