No More Made to Order Omelette

Gamecock_Cruiser

5 minutes ago, FlaviaOfTheMonth said:

You're not seriously asking why boorish behavior in public has become normalized I hope.

My question was complex in a way.  You are correct, it was not actually serious: I know in this case, it sounds like provoking, but it's my writing style so to speak (English is not my native language) - slightly ironical all the time similar to Charles Dickens (my favorite writer; I read all his 30 and a half books before I was 16).

Normalized? - Hardly.  Acceptable? - No.  Spreadable like a virus? - Precisely!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think the "people are ruder now" mantra is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy to be honest.

Business practices have changed as well (or, COVID is used as an excuse). We're purchasing lighting for a new home - from the same place we did business with 5 years ago. After picking out several nice pieces and placing the order - I asked "how much down"? I was told, "it's no longer half down, it's pay in full". I asked "why the change"? The answer, "it's been that way since COVID".

uh huh... thanks

Tom

• Like 2

Please don't tell me that Carnival still has "bacation".  I keep reading about elimination of bacon in venues.  No bacon in omelets and no more BLT at the deli.  Certainly, they have gone back to normal by this time.  I mean how much more expensive is bacon than pastrami or chicken?   Sorry, I don't want to bring this into the omelette conversation, but I am just surprised at this point.  We haven't cruised on Carnival in over a year and I just assumed that they would have some normalcy at this point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Please don't tell me that Carnival still has "bacation".  I keep reading about elimination of bacon in venues.  No bacon in omelets and no more BLT at the deli.  Certainly, they have gone back to normal by this time.  I mean how much more expensive is bacon than pastrami or chicken?   Sorry, I don't want to bring this into the omelette conversation, but I am just surprised at this point.  We haven't cruised on Carnival in over a year and I just assumed that they would have some normalcy at this point.  

They don't even bother to put out the "sorry, bacon is on vacation" sign anymore.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

bacon is still every other day or sometimes never. other cruise lines has no problems having bacon daily

• Like 4

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

bacon is still every other day or sometimes never. other cruise lines has no problems having bacon daily

Probably a matter of finding a supplier with acceptable pricing. In other words, Carnival could have all of the bacon they want if they don't care what they pay. I know that there are some people who would be willing to pay more in fare in order to have bacon, but I'm not one of them. We had bacon for dinner- from a pig that we purchased from a local farm and processed by a local meat processor. All other bacon is good of course, but it isn't as good as what we normally eat. 

We are very sad with this change. My wife’s diet would no include the 3 omelette choices. She would get mushrooms,greens,bacon which are gone. Being gluten free, there’s no much left for her. 
Do thy at least cook sunny side up eggs ate the omelette station?

thanks

ps: we never complain about the line was very happy to have a great breakfast.

Edited by geovet
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, geovet said:

We are very sad with this change. My wife’s diet would no include the 3 omelette choices. She would get mushrooms,greens,bacon which are gone. Being gluten free, there’s no much left for her. 

thanks

ps: we never complain about the line was very happy to have a great breakfast.

I think you have to go to the dining room to get cooked-to-order fresh eggs now.

36 minutes ago, geovet said:

30 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think you have to go to the dining room to get cooked-to-order fresh eggs now.

On the Vista last week I saw people ordering (and getting) fresh eggs cooked to order - three over easy was one order that I definitely saw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

On the Vista last week I saw people ordering (and getting) fresh eggs cooked to order - three over easy was one order that I definitely saw.

Oh that's good! Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:21 AM, Eli_6 said:

And rude people are everywhere. Not just on cruise ships. I swear, I think people forgot how to behave during the Covid shutdowns.

I'm not sure why so people think the pandemic was this turning point of going from a well-behaved society to this one. It has more to do with the decades of conditioning. We make excuses for people who cause trouble (maybe even reward them), teach everyone to scream and yell if they don't get their way, entitlement is also through the roof. 

Since it's only gets worse, it is easy to notice the decline since the pandemic. However, that was not the start, and this is also not the end. 

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 4:28 PM, sparks1093 said:

Only some old timers feel there's been a degradation. Many don't feel there has been. Changes, sure, but not a degradation. Our cruise on Glory was fantastic and none of the changes had an adverse impact on that. (Same goes for our two Legend cruises as well.)

I have to agree.  We are not loyal to Carnival.  I have also had great cruises on NCL, MSC, and Disney (Princess was ok).  Having said that we have sailed the most on Carnival, our last cruise was Carnival and our next cruise is Carnival.  In fact 14 of our 24 have been on Carnival since we started cruising in 2001.  IMHO Sparks is correct in saying there have been changes but  not a degradation at Carnival.  In fact our last cruises on Mardi Gras and Horizon have been 2 of our favorite Carnival cruises.  I am looking forward to sailing on Jubilee next year.  There have been changes both positive and negative since our first Carnival cruise in 2005, but IMO the positive far outweigh the negative.  We will keep sailing Carnival and any other ship, no matter what the line, that meets needs/wants for that vacation.  But that is us.  We do what makes us happy.  Everyone else needs to do what makes them happy.  It is as simple as that.

• Like 4

On 12/9/2023 at 3:14 PM, mz-s said:

I did post a full review of the cruise, not sure if I talked about the deli sandwiches though.

I liked the tomahawk pork chop I got at the Cucina del Capitano on that cruise.

Lol.  Our last cruise was on Carnival Horizon this past October.  I loved the sandwiches at the deli (as did a lot of people because the line was usually long) and my husband was very disappointed in the tomahawk pork chop he got at Cucina del Capitano.  To each his own.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:35 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Oh, on a positive note, the Emeril's selections on the MDR menu were generally really good, and a nice change of pace.

I have to agree.  I loved a lot of the Emeril selections especially the crawfish ones.  They were delicious.

I admit this made me sad to learn this also included the omelets stations at the buffet. That was my go-to breakfast. I would get an omelet with all the veggies, bacon, and extra cheese with a side of country potatoes every day. I'm really stumped at what I will eat now. I don't really care for runny yolks which is why I haven't given eggs benedict a try. But maybe.

17 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I admit this made me sad to learn this also included the omelets stations at the buffet. That was my go-to breakfast. I would get an omelet with all the veggies, bacon, and extra cheese with a side of country potatoes every day. I'm really stumped at what I will eat now. I don't really care for runny yolks which is why I haven't given eggs benedict a try. But maybe.

I'm the same way, hate runny eggs. I just eat boiled eggs because the scrambled egg looking product on the buffet and in the dining room is disgusting. Sadly on my last cruise the boiled eggs were so overcooked it was like trying to eat a cue ball.