New Drink Packages for Celebrity???

LuvCruzn4Evr

image.thumb.png.163c7960ef994813267f13b8a41e9512.png

This was posted on facebook earlier today. If I am reading correctly, premium beverage package no longer includes 'premium' alcohol, only premium non-alcoholic drinks. Yet, it states 'All beverages up to $17 per serving.' So, is the martini bar still covered in the premium package? Or is it an upcharge if you ask for Grey Goose? Anyone else find this a little confusing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I interpret this post to read that all items in the Non-Alcoholic Package and the Classic package are included with the Premium package, plus all other drinks up to $17.

I interpret this the same way.  In OP's scenario, if Grey Goose was an upcharge then he'd pay 1 or 2 bucks more for the martini...just like with the wine that used the be $17 a glass but is now $19 or more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I interpret this the same way.  In OP's scenario, if Grey Goose was an upcharge then he'd pay 1 or 2 bucks more for the martini...just like with the wine that used the be $17 a glass but is now $19 or more.

They then should change the martini bar menu to either 1) reflect the new price, or 2) change the vodka from Grey Goose to the classic brand.

This just looks like a (maybe overly) simplified explanation of the current drink packages.  I don't think it reflects any changes in the packages themselves.

And the prices shown are the full price (before the pre-cruise discount) I've been seeing in the cruise planner for quite some time now.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This just looks like a (maybe overly) simplified explanation of the current drink packages.  I don't think it reflects any changes in the packages themselves.

And the prices shown are the full price (before the pre-cruise discount) I've been seeing in the cruise planner for quite some time now.

You are correct re the prices being the regular price not the pre cruise price.  If this is a flyer from the Reflection as reported it would have the onboard prices. 

• Like 2

We recently did a 7 day on Ascent. We carried on two bottles of wine, and we did not have a drink package. We are Elite + and not heavy drinkers. But….with the elite happy hour, and we ordered bottles of wine at dinner (5 bottles over 7 nights) with our 20% discount. I had purchased one device stream ( DH used elite minutes). Usually we have a beverage package, but the 7 night Ascent sailing was a last minute get away. It turned out to be about $40  night…lots less  than the packages. YMMV.

• Like 3

Adding the person on Facebook whom I read this from also commented that most drinks that had been $17 now incur a $2 upcharge plus the 20%. Seems like if you want the 'premium' liquors that they are an upcharge. 😔 Guess I'll find out on our next sailing what is and what isn't.  

Thank y'all for your comments and insights.

if these are the new plans, it makes our future with X quite easy....Going  going, gone!

We are already booked on Ascent, 2024 Silhouette 2024  and Apex, 2025,  all with grats, Classic alc and Basic wifi...

Assuming those res are honored as booked, they will be our last cruises with X,  unless things change yet again 

The  new plans are just too pricey and  will no longer meet our needs.. We'll see how it goes but glad we did not rush ahead to book XL

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, prmssk said:

that's what I thought when I read it.  

5 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

image.thumb.png.163c7960ef994813267f13b8a41e9512.png

This was posted on facebook earlier today. If I am reading correctly, premium beverage package no longer includes 'premium' alcohol, only premium non-alcoholic drinks. Yet, it states 'All beverages up to $17 per serving.' So, is the martini bar still covered in the premium package? Or is it an upcharge if you ask for Grey Goose? Anyone else find this a little confusing?

On the Silhouette in Nov there was a new Martini Bar menu.  Most of the Martinis used Kettle One.  Not many of the old drinks were listed on the new menu. 

Didn’t spend much time at the Martini Bar as it didn’t have the atmosphere that we were use to.  The BTs weren’t very entertaining and something was lacking in the drinks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, hcat said:

if these are the new plans, it makes our future with X quite easy....Going  going, gone!

We are already booked on Ascent, 2024 Silhouette 2024  and Apex, 2025,  all with grats, Classic alc and Basic wifi...

Assuming those res are honored as booked, they will be our last cruises with X,  unless things change yet again 

The  new plans are just too pricey and  will no longer meet our needs.. We'll see how it goes but glad we did not rush ahead to book XL

Our next booking includes prepaid grats, bev. pkg. and wifi.  Last Nov. cruise the price limit for a glass of wine in classic pkg was $12....not many Cab choices available.  Upcharge for Decoy.  Flyer now indicates classic limit is $10...so there will be an upcharge on most wines if we don't have premium. Asking for one's credit card to pay for drinks defeats the purpose of having an inclusive drinks pkg.  We're back to the 'old days' which AI was supposed to prevent.  I made my feelings known for whatever good it did....LOL.

Next Apex cruise the Classic limit is $12.00

Premium Pricing:

Includes all drinks up to $17 price on menu ($20 for sailings from UK and AUS ports).

Vodkas: Belvedere, Cîroc Snap Frost & Flavors, to Grey Goose

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

Where were you sailing in November?  The Classic package limit has been $10 for about a year, maybe longer and Premium is $17.  If you were sailing from the UK or Australia the limits are increased because the listed price must include the gratuity.  So $10 limit goes to $12 to account for the 20%.

They should offer a few choices that fit the limits  of each package...Happily we are not fussy drinkers so we will manage with our current bookings. We'll bring along 2 btls of wine...just in case they offer nothing!

Real issue is the package costs going forward..Nice part about AI resorts is that pretty much is really all included,  yet we still get top notch service!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RumpunchGirl said:

What is the discount on the drink package if purchased before you sail? I'm new to Celebrity.

It can vary from cruise to cruise but for my January 2025 Ascent cruise, it has been showing a 20% discount for quite some time.  I don't think I've seen less than a 5% discount in recent years.

2 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

What is the discount on the drink package if purchased before you sail? I'm new to Celebrity.

They had a flash sale three days ago, and the Premium Beverage Package was 69.99 per day plus 20% gratuities. Classic was 59.99 per day plus 20% gratuities.  

On 12/29/2023 at 9:35 PM, Margarita Jane said:

We recently did a 7 day on Ascent. We carried on two bottles of wine, and we did not have a drink package. We are Elite + and not heavy drinkers. But….with the elite happy hour, and we ordered bottles of wine at dinner (5 bottles over 7 nights) with our 20% discount. I had purchased one device stream ( DH used elite minutes). Usually we have a beverage package, but the 7 night Ascent sailing was a last minute get away. It turned out to be about $40  night…lots less  than the packages. YMMV.

Strong proponent of this. 

We did 5-nights on Summit, party of 6 -- 1 non-drinker, 3 light drinkers, 2 moderate drinkers). My parents are Elite (and light drinkers) so would have two glasses of wine or basic martini before dinner. We bought 2 expensive bottles on board (one we drank pre-dinner, one during, sommelier waived corkage but I would have paid). We also purchased 4 bottles at dinner in the $60-100 range, before the 20% Elite discount. A few daytime drinks poolside, a couple of espresso martinis one night ($17 for a tiny pour!), and two of the $40 martini flights. Pretty sure we spent less than the premium package and had much better wines. The wines by the glass pricing is atrocious, anything good is over $17, and many of the $17 ones should be $12-13 but they jack the pricing up so people on the premium package feel like they're getting value. Really felt like other than some good values on the wines by the bottle list (at least 2 of which I wanted weren't in stock), the alcohol was way over-priced. Left a bad taste in my mouth, so-to-speak. On the positive side, the red wine bottles we had at Blu were served at roughly proper temperature. (Prior experience is they're usually way too warm and always needed to be chilled on ice for a bit). 

• Like 1