Fiasco at embarkation enchanted Princess. Feb 6

plane2port

We just arrived here about 11:30. No one has gotten on. Sheriff’s department and security not letting anyone on board. The line/crowd is huge here. Apparently someone had something onboard “that they weren’t supposed to “ 

1 minute ago, plane2port said:

We just arrived here about 11:30. No one has gotten on. Sheriff’s department and security not letting anyone on board. The line/crowd is huge here. Apparently someone had something onboard “that they weren’t supposed to “ 

Too bad.  Hope you get on soon.

Update when you can.

Wow...   sounds like a security issue, and Princess and the authorities are probably doing the right thing.

I hope boarding begins soon!!!!

We have a cruise planned, to board Enchanted at FLL.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, plane2port said:

Someone tried to board with a pistol. We’ve gotten our medallions and are in the holding area waiting to board. 

I hope that person trying to board with a gun was denied boarding on this cruise.  WTH? 😳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I hope that person trying to board with a gun was denied boarding on this cruise.  WTH? 😳

This happened a few years ago in San Pedro as we were boarding.  An off-duty law enforcement officer "forgot" to leave his weapon in his car before boarding the ship as a passenger.  He was allowed to store the weapon in his car and boarded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

This happened a few years ago in San Pedro as we were boarding.  An off-duty law enforcement officer "forgot" to leave his weapon in his car before boarding the ship as a passenger.  He was allowed to store the weapon in his car and boarded.

God bless America

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope you were finally able to get on board.  

I do know that high winds/gale warning were issued through 'Wednesday for SW Florida.  Sorry if you miss Princess Cay and hopefully the winds will die down.  We've had some strange weather this winter in Florida, much like the rest of the country.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

People make mistakes and not all have intent. 

Anyone who carries a gun onto a ship "by mistake" is not a safe gun owner. I don't want someone like that on a cruise with me in case the next time they aren't caught.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like you're still in Port Everglades.  I read elsewhere that it might have been a whole suit case of "wacky tobacco" that was the culprit but I have to say that someone smuggling a gun onboard is a whole lot scarier.  Glad they caught it.

• Like 1

Sign of the times.  Too bad. 

I just came back from Florida yesterday.  The most repeated announcement in the Florida airport was a message that you can not carry firearms on to the plane in your carry-on luggage. 

Duh.  Seems obvious, but clearly not so given the constant loudspeaker announcements.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

That said, while we are all speculating as to the exact nature of the contraband, perhaps it was an elephant or a giraffe. 

And that's the biggest issue. People jumping to conclusions without all the details and facts.

• Like 4

ok just checked and the st lucia report is dated feb 4 so obviously not the same idiot who tried to board today...so there are multiple idiots...i guess so far we have all been lucky that there has been no onboard shootings (that i am aware of)  but i would feel a bit better if maybe cruise security spends more time looking for guns and the like and less time worrying about an extra bottle of wine.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, dockman said:

ok just checked and the st lucia report is dated feb 4 so obviously not the same idiot who tried to board today...so there are multiple idiots...i guess so far we have all been lucky that there has been no onboard shootings (that i am aware of)  but i would feel a bit better if maybe cruise security spends more time looking for guns and the like and less time worrying about an extra bottle of wine.  

I'm so used to the boarding procedure that I really don't even think about it anymore.  Most of the ports have basically the same security screening process as at airports...meaning that they *are* screening for guns via metal detectors.  Hence...they screened and found this gun!  The system seems to be working just fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm so used to the boarding procedure that I really don't even think about it anymore.  Most of the ports have basically the same security screening process as at airports...meaning that they *are* screening for guns via metal detectors.  Hence...they screened and found this gun!  The system seems to be working just fine.

Well I hope you are correct but my gut feeling is airport screening is a more intense type...bottom line i don't want to be on a plane or a ship that has some idiots who manage to sneak  a gun onboard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1