Points transferring between Royal & Celebrity

5 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Please help settle a bet. When did they stop transferring points between Royal Caribbean & Celebrity? I know they don't transfer now, when did they stop?

Thank you

AFAIK, never.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Please help settle a bet. When did they stop transferring points between Royal Caribbean & Celebrity? I know they don't transfer now, when did they stop?

Thank you

You status transfers which is what confuses people. If you are diamond on royal you are elite on celebrity and will get the perks for being elite. Points dont transfer, your loyalty status transfers.

• Like 4

And to add to all the confusion, let's say you have 100 points with RCI and you've never cruised with Celebrity, that means you are Diamond with RCI. Your Diamond status will convert to Elite on Celebrity. Now, you take a cruise with Celebrity and earn 14 points. You will now have 14 points with Celebrity but still only have 100 with RCI. The points don't transfer, only the status.

• Like 2

I wish they would!  But they don’t.  If I added together my cruises and points on RCCL and Celebrity I would be both Pinnacle and Zenith!  Spent a lot of money with the RCG corporation.  No extra credit for that.

• Like 1

FYI - Celebrity and Azamara shared points (until the programs were unlinked after Azamara was sold).  However, you had to take at least one cruise on each line to share.

I even received Power Up points on Azamara after the sale, but before the programs were unlinked.  I only took one 10 night cruise on Azamara, but have 521 points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Thank you

Looks like you lost the bet. 

• Haha 1

We tried to get Carnival and Princess to play in the same sandbox. Zero luck. Princess could care less that I am diamond or aluminum. That's why we're on Royal number 8 on the Icon in a couple of weeks.

Edited by BallFour4

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I wish they would!  But they don’t.  If I added together my cruises and points on RCCL and Celebrity I would be both Pinnacle and Zenith!  Spent a lot of money with the RCG corporation.  No extra credit for that.

I wish X would combine the few I have with them also. I'm so close to Pinnacle just a few more cruises. Never thought we would make it.

13 minutes ago, doghog said:

Combining for RCG benefit. Increase the point levels for all tiers and decrease the benefits/perks for all tier levels. 

Hush your mouth. I am within shouting distance to pinnacle and want to lock it in before they change ot and I ca t get that free wifi. Shhhhh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

We tried to get Carnival and Princess to play in the same sandbox. Zero luck. Princess could care less that I am diamond or aluminum. That's why we're on Royal number 8 on the Icon in a couple of weeks.

I assume you weren’t interested in Princess because the crowd tends to be older on their ships. I was on the second sailing of Icon and I have never seen so many kids on a ship. Drastically different environment than the 9 day cruise we did on Celebrity Constellation last month when there were only 12 kids on the ship. 

17 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Satisfaction, he's one of those know it all's. Even with us cruising more than twice as long as they have. 

I met someone of that ilk on last week's Anthem sail.  He was telling me that Anthem, the following week's sail schedule will sail from Bayonne to Cape Canaveral in 1 day.  I told him unless Royal has discovered a worm hole it's impossible.  I finally gave up.🤣

• Haha 1