Meal Suggestion for today - Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Alfredo
Drink of the Day - Ward Eight
Wine of the Day - Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva 
Destination of the Day - Otaru, Japan

Today in History:
1865 Columbia in South Carolina burns down during the American Civil War
1876 Sardines first canned by Julius Wolff in Eastport, Maine
1972 British Parliament votes to join the European Common Market
1938 1st public experimental demonstration of Baird color TV (London)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Falmouth Jamaica 08:00 - 17:00 

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 7:00-16:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-17:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 14:00 

Oosterdam

Castro, Isla Chiloe, Chile 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 02-19

Zaandam

Miami, Florida 5:00-17:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 08:00 - 23:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination Albany WA, Western Australia eta 02-19

Westerdam

Kobe-Osaka, Kyoto, Japan 16:00 - 

Zuiderdam

Guam Island USA, Apra Harbor, Marianas 08:00 - 17:00

• Like 16
  • Thanks 22

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s going to be a cold day with chances of flurries.  Nothing much on today’s agenda except a trip to the grocery store.  I’m curious about today’s meal suggestion.  Yesterday the local Greek restaurant had stuffed cabbage so I got takeout.  
I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.a35601e829d94515457fac8cb916b886.png

• Like 31

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

It is cloudy and 44°F here at 11.23am in North East England.

3 interesting days.

A laughable quote from one of my favourite Western actors.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 offered to all on the care list.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Screenshot_20240217_111535.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_111606.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_111803.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

Smitty34877’s Tana being treated for infection

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

Victims of the shooting at the KC Chiefs Super Bowl Parade

RIP Alexei Navalny

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ DGD suffering anxiety/fear after a trauma

Nickelpenny with leg numbness, 2nd steroid injection 

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Nickelpenny!

Bon Voyage Cat Shepard

Welcome Home Summer Slope!

Welcome Home Sharon in AZ!

Welcome Home Quartzsite Cruiser!

Welcome Home Dfish & Sue!

RMLincoln’s DH Richard dealing day to day after his eye procedure 

Superoma/Kochleffel covering the Daily meal and drink recipes 

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn Feb 20 to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei

7 days for Cruise Suzy (Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 24 to Mar 2) 7d Western Caribbean

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Feb 18) 11d Windward Islands Explorer + 7d Tropical Retreats,Quilty964 (Nieuw Statendam to Feb 18) 7d E. Caribbean, 0106 (Oosterdam to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica, Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B Caribbean), Mister 67 (Celebrity Equinox to Feb 24) 9d Aruba, Curacao & Cayman Cruise, Cat Shepard (Norwegian Escape to Feb 24) 7d Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay & Dominican Republic, Mr. Boston (Rotterdam to Feb 25) 9d Southern Caribbean Seafarer, Nickelpenny (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 20

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for our maps. 

Just a quick visit to thank @Lcubed Laura for volunteering to cover the wine du jour while I am gone. 

Vanessa, praying that all goes well next Thursday & you can start to put this ordeal behind you. 

Terry, thinking of you & Tana - even if I can’t post. 

Everyone - be well!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 26

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cold and snowing here.  Currently -14°C (7°F).  We've got a snow squall warning with up to 25cm (10in) of new snow and windy.  Ugh.  A good day to stay in, I hope there's a good movie on.  We've started watching Brokenwood Mysteries on BritBox so maybe I'll catch an episode of that or Death in Paradise.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I hope the cocktail and wine will be good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 26

Good Saturday morning and thanks to Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Eva & Paul for their wonderful contributions.

Fun collection of days.  TV signals are much better these days and everything is done my way now - I’m getting better at hiring and not trying to do it all myself slowly. 🙂  LOL on the Clint Eastwood quote.  There are no guarantees in life!  The meal sounds tempting and the Cava should be good.

IMG_2145.thumb.jpeg.a35e342170da300a30d6c825caab2b98.jpeg

It’s a BRRR-R-RY cold day this morning. 🥶 You could hear the snow and deck making cracking noises when Ivan came running in for his morning meal.  I hope it warms up a bit as I have a few groceries & Ivan stuff to get today 🤞 My Raynauld’s will activate if it doesn’t 😔  I shouldn’t complain - there’s another bad winter storm this weekend headed for poor Newfoundland.  I don’t know how they will ever dig out if this keeps up 😢 

IMG_2144.jpeg.eb3d5e859a18ba234f4307ed6fdc0f18.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those who need them 🙏.  Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂!

• Like 29
  • Haha 5

Good morning friends!  An interesting weather morning.  It's about 50 degrees and the temp will drop as the morning goes by to around 43.  It will be cloudy and all my weather apps say we have a chance of a brief shower in the next hour, but not an all day rain.  Last night before bed I spied two deer out front.  They stop by to eat acorns off the ground under our pin oak.  Such a prolific tree!  We did finish cutting back the ornamental grasses yesterday and it wasn't fun.  I think we should remove them as they aren't the best plants there, and put some low growing junipers there to stop the erosion capabilities at the top of the slope.  Less maintenance too.

Thanks Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting Rich's @richwmn Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  A good day for TV watchers to celebrate.  Thanks to Graham @grapau27 for letting us know about the crab races and My Way Day.  The latter reminds me of Burger King's jingle.  I like Clint Eastwood and appreciate his dry humor.  The meal sounds different and I would be interested in seeing the recipes.  No thanks to the drink and wine.  Thanks for all the interesting and varied events shown for this date in history.  Thank you to the F&B department Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel, and Laura @Lcubed for your reports today!

Prayers said for my family and friends in need of them, the people of Israel and Ukraine, hostages held, our troops in the region, Alexei Navalny's family, and all our Dailyites here with pain, awaiting medical procedures, healing from prior procedures, worry and loss.  Extra prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV and Tana. 🙏 Welcome home to Debbie @dfish and Sue, Sharon @Sharon in AZ and Craig, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Steve, and Dixie @summer slope and George.  Bon Voyage Pennie @Nickelpenny and Ann @cat shepard!  Congrats to those celebrating happy events and still cruising!🚢🎂🎉🥂

The port today is Otaru, Japan which was our port previously on June 21, 2021 and August 4, 2022.  I haven't been there before so have no photos to share.  Last time Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser said she believed she'd been there in 2000 on the old Regal Princess, but didn't have photos to post.  I hope you will show us yours if you can.  Here are the links:

DGD Morgan received the gift of Sky Miles from her Dad so she was able to fly home to Cincinnati last night for 48 hours.  She is excited to see the snow this weekend.  Then back to Tampa for her appointment Monday with police and prosecutors to describe everything that happened Dec. 23.  I imagine there are quite a few victims giving depositions.  I'm glad she's getting away from it all this weekend.

Hope everyone here has a good Saturday.  Stay safe and warm and keep well!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  An interesting weather morning.  It's about 50 degrees and the temp will drop as the morning goes by to around 43.  It will be cloudy and all my weather apps say we have a chance of a brief shower in the next hour, but not an all day rain.  Last night before bed I spied two deer out front.  They stop by to eat acorns off the ground under our pin oak.  Such a prolific tree!  We did finish cutting back the ornamental grasses yesterday and it wasn't fun.  I think we should remove them as they aren't the best plants there, and put some low growing junipers there to stop the erosion capabilities at the top of the slope.  Less maintenance too.

Thanks Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting Rich's @richwmn Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  A good day for TV watchers to celebrate.  Thanks to Graham @grapau27 for letting us know about the crab races and My Way Day.  The latter reminds me of Burger King's jingle.  I like Clint Eastwood and appreciate his dry humor.  The meal sounds different and I would be interested in seeing the recipes.  No thanks to the drink and wine.  Thanks for all the interesting and varied events shown for this date in history.  Thank you to the F&B department Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel, and Laura @Lcubed for your reports today!

Prayers said for my family and friends in need of them, the people of Israel and Ukraine, hostages held, our troops in the region, Alexei Navalny's family, and all our Dailyites here with pain, awaiting medical procedures, healing from prior procedures, worry and loss.  Extra prayers for Vanessa @JazzyV and Tana. 🙏 Welcome home to Debbie @dfish and Sue, Sharon @Sharon in AZ and Craig, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Steve, and Dixie @summer slope and George.  Bon Voyage Pennie @Nickelpenny and Ann @cat shepard!  Congrats to those celebrating happy events and still cruising!🚢🎂🎉🥂

The port today is Otaru, Japan which was our port previously on June 21, 2021 and August 4, 2022.  I haven't been there before so have no photos to share.  Last time Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser said she believed she'd been there in 2000 on the old Regal Princess, but didn't have photos to post.  I hope you will show us yours if you can.  Here are the links:

DGD Morgan received the gift of Sky Miles from her Dad so she was able to fly home to Cincinnati last night for 48 hours.  She is excited to see the snow this weekend.  Then back to Tampa for her appointment Monday with police and prosecutors to describe everything that happened Dec. 23.  I imagine there are quite a few victims giving depositions.  I'm glad she's getting away from it all this weekend.

Hope everyone here has a good Saturday.  Stay safe and warm and keep well!

Sending our best wishes to your DGD Morgan.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold today and you guessed it, it's snowing. Not as bad as the last storm on Tuesday here. I won't have to do so much work clearing out. 

Nothing much planned today. I need a day to relax. 

Bon voyage to @Nickelpenny and @cat shepard.

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Saturday! | Happy saturday quotes, Funny animal memes, Funny cat memes

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Saturday morning!  It’s still winter, light snow overnight and this morning. Glad we can be in. 

I took yesterday “off”. DH is doing ok, no more blurry vision but pressure too low to register. According to his doc he’s in a good place, we’ll go back Thursday for another check. So I hopped on a shuttle bus to the other side of our complex, posted 3 packages to my siblings containing copies of a very old (1909?) photo of my grandparents and 7 of their 9 children taken before my father was born; a cousin had copies made for all the cousins and she gave sets to each family to get them distributed to our siblings. That was at Thanksgiving, I finally got it done. Then I found a cozy corner in that neighborhood’s big fireplace living room and read my book until it was time for mindful meditation. So renewing!  Afterwards I walked back across the complex in the bright crisp day, also renewing. I stopped in the chapel for a break to extend my quiet time. When I got back home I discovered DH had missed a dose of eye drops (snoozed right through his phone alarm?) so we got caught up on that, not a problem as long as he gets all four doses in each day. Made a quick grocery run before  a very pleasant light supper - been eating too much lately and having reflux issues so light was better!  Watched a pleasant movie and drifted off to sleep at 11pm. It was a very good day. 

Didn’t sleep as much as I’d have liked but I think I’ll be ready to start tackling taxes with DH today!  We’ll have 4 filing to manage through - fed + 3 states!  Best to get it started!  

Today my New Mexico friends are gathering for memorial services in TX, several made the long drive to be with her husband and sons, one will sing at the service honoring their years of sharing music in the little country church where we were all family even if we didn’t all share the same theology roots. My heart is with them, she died too early at 62- not everybody who dies is old. One day at a time is Everything!  

It’s great to follow along with so many adventures here!  So good to hear if Vanessa’s project progressing, and some better sleep - now only to get her out of pain! Congrats to all those celebrating! 61 yrs fir Ray and DE, and what a grand trip! Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  Our country, your country and for too much sadness in the world!  
Smooth travel to all away! So many on cruise adventures! Pennie, I admire your stamina!   It’s so grand to follow it along. Thanks all for being here! Hoping your day brings some joys. 
Maureen 

• Like 30

Good Morning!

I hope @cat shepard has a wonderful cruise. I will try to sub for her on the wine selections while she is away.  We are expecting rain here for the next two days but so far this morning no rain but 97% humidity and 64F/18C.

Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva

This Cava from Spain seems to be very popular with 4 and 5 star reviews and pairs well with hors d’oeuvres, fish, clams mussels and shrimp. It can be found for about $12.00. I would certainly give it a try.

Winemaker Notes

A noble and austere sparkling cava. Greenish yellow in color with golden glints, it's clear and star bright. A persistent, elegant stream of bubbles rise to form a perfect rosary on the surface. Complex aromas of white fruits with hints of wood. Fresh, well-balanced, and elegant on the palate with an excellent final sensation.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from half moon cay!  Another beautiful morning.  It’s supposed to rain in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. Our flight is late so we signed up for an Everglades tour…we shall see what happens🫤  Thanks to all who care and share here.  Have a good day. K

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lcubed said:

Good Morning!

I hope @cat shepard has a wonderful cruise. I will try to sub for her on the wine selections while she is away.  We are expecting rain here for the next two days but so far this morning no rain but 97% humidity and 64F/18C.

Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva

This Cava from Spain seems to be very popular with 4 and 5 star reviews and pairs well with hors d’oeuvres, fish, clams mussels and shrimp. It can be found for about $12.00. I would certainly give it a try.

Winemaker Notes

A noble and austere sparkling cava. Greenish yellow in color with golden glints, it's clear and star bright. A persistent, elegant stream of bubbles rise to form a perfect rosary on the surface. Complex aromas of white fruits with hints of wood. Fresh, well-balanced, and elegant on the palate with an excellent final sensation.

Thank you so much for stepping up to cover for Ann, Laura 🙂. Apologies - I forgot you started today and said Ann instead of you 😔 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Eva, Paul, and Laura.  Bon Voyage @cat shepard and @Nickelpenny.  Welcome home @summer slope, @Sharon in AZ, @Quartzsite Cruiser  and @dfish.  I'll pass on the crab race, do things my way, and enjoy digital tv although reception is a bit iffy in my area and sometimes I'll get a show on one tv but not another. 

The quote is classic Eastwood.  I'll celebrate the 20th century days in history but not so much the 19th.

I have not been to Otaru.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Roasted and Raw Carrot Salad, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Raspberry Tart as served on MS Prinsendam February 17, 2019:

dishes17.jpg

Nice to have 2 BHB in South Florida on 2 consecutive days,  Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades

na0217.thumb.JPG.b3bf99c89eb1cb803437ec54e7a617ce.JPG

and Zaandam in Miami:

zdmiami2.PNG.a9e9e8f3448723a6d606dc5e0f40f42f.PNG

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Feb 17

Cheesy vegetable pasta Alfredo

This food network recipe makes use of spring vegetables. Some of us will need to wait a bit for local fresh spring vegetables

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spring-vegetable-fettuccine-alfredo-3577686

image.thumb.png.847d7de9c56d41c82fa64458d478909d.png

Here’s one for the slow cooker. It does look good even though I am not convinced it needs to be in a slow cooker.

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267283/cheesy-vegetable-pasta-alfredo/

image.png.f72db83dab27f5688cfa5fdc7ac33fee.png

Here’s one done as a bake. Looks good, too, served with a crispy side salad

https://www.budgetbytes.com/vegetable-alfredo-pasta-bake/

image.png.4045b7bdf00c5ccc3a815033256fc72c.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15