TRANSFER FROM HEATHROW TO SOUTHAMPTON

Help last time we booked a transfer from Heathrow terminal 3 was a bad experience.  If you are pleased with a company, you have used, please share your experience.  Our driver did not meet us in terminal.  Noticed while waiting over an hour to connect with driver other companies had reps just out of security area with signage.   We are 4 adults traveling together. Thank you

We have booked with Meadway, but haven't used them yet (as our trip is in May) - so I don't have anything for you, but I'd be interested to know who you booked with!

Never used them in England but used Blacklane in both Tokyo and Sydney and were very happy with them.  Both times met us at baggage claim with a sign.

National Express bus service is easy, inexpensive and frequent. Once in Southampton you will probably want to take a short taxi ride from the bus terminal to the ship if you are arriving on the day of your departure. 

• Like 3

We used Aqua Cars in September. Driver met us right outside bag claim. We were very satisfied. Great driver who was very informative about surroundings on drive and about things to do in and around Southampton. Will use them again.

• Like 1

We used Blackberry cars last year. It was very easy.  Service was great.  We got through security faster than expected. But we could track our driver online and saw he was parking. He met us in the terminal and helped with bags to the parking area.  Very efficient, we would use them again. 

• Like 1

We have used Blackberry and also a company called EC Minibus which is especially good if you want to do any type of tour - like fo Stonehenge or Windsor castle - on the way. 

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

We used Aqua Cars in September. Driver met us right outside bag claim. We were very satisfied. Great driver who was very informative about surroundings on drive and about things to do in and around Southampton. Will use them again.

We also used them in June.  The driver actually waited 4 hours for us when there was a last minute delay for our flight.  They also had the best price at the time - I shopped around.  Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

2 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

Help last time we booked a transfer from Heathrow terminal 3 was a bad experience.  If you are pleased with a company, you have used, please share your experience.  Our driver did not meet us in terminal.  Noticed while waiting over an hour to connect with driver other companies had reps just out of security area with signage.   We are 4 adults traveling together. Thank you

What company?

3 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/airports/heathrow/southampton-to-heathrow

London friends recommend the National  Express bus service as super easy, frequent, inexpensive and convienient (as Jimmy mentioned above) 

We used them in 2018 after a pre-cruise stay in London.  5 BP/pp/senior with 1 BP tax.  So 11 British Pounds for both of us London to Southampton.  Five BP taxi to the ship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

We used Blackberry cars last year. It was very easy.  Service was great.  We got through security faster than expected. But we could track our driver online and saw he was parking. He met us in the terminal and helped with bags to the parking area.  Very efficient, we would use them again. 

We also used Blackberry on our trip last year and agree it was easy and the service was great.  It was getting pricey just after we booked them - I haven't checked since.

We used Blackberry in 2022 and was very satisfied with their services  but in 2023 they were really expensive. So in 2023, we used Jewel Airport Transfer. We were very happy with them as well. I would highly recommend either. Both were responsive to my emails.

• Like 1

I have booked with Paragon Taxis for our cruise in October.  I read many reviews and got quotes from at least three different companies.  I think I'm also going to use them for a full day of private touring from our Southampton hotel since we are arriving three days before the cruise.  https://paragontaxis.co.uk

On 3/9/2024 at 4:36 PM, bjkTX said:

We also used Blackberry on our trip last year and agree it was easy and the service was great.  It was getting pricey just after we booked them - I haven't checked since.

Hello. When you make your reservation. You prepay if so  how about if you need to cancel. TIA 

7 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Hello. When you make your reservation. You prepay if so  how about if you need to cancel. TIA 

We have never had to cancel, but this is from the Blackberry Cars website:

Cancellations
5.1       Blackberry Cars Ltd is contracted for the provisions of the Transportation Service and all cancellations must be made directly with Blackberry Cars Ltd.

5.2       Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the journey time must be cancelled by phone by calling 02072543344.

5.3       For cancellations made 24 hours or more before the journey time a full refund will be issued.

5.4       Any cancellations made less than 24 hours before the journey time a cancellation charge of 100% of the full fare will be levied.

5.5       Any claim for a refund must be made within 1 week of the journey date.  A claim will be deemed to have been made when you cancel your reservation.

5.6       If the Passenger does not show up for the Transportation Service the booking will be treated as a “no-show” and 100% of the fare will be charged

5.7       If you cannot locate your driver and seek an alternative method of transport without first contacting the Provider to try and resolve the situation you will be charged the full fare for the booking.

2 hours ago, Blue and Green said:

Cancellations
5.1       Blackberry Cars Ltd is contracted for the provisions of the Transportation Service and all cancellations must be made directly with Blackberry Cars Ltd.

5.2       Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the journey time must be cancelled by phone by calling 02072543344.

5.3       For cancellations made 24 hours or more before the journey time a full refund will be issued.

5.4       Any cancellations made less than 24 hours before the journey time a cancellation charge of 100% of the full fare will be levied.

5.5       Any claim for a refund must be made within 1 week of the journey date.  A claim will be deemed to have been made when you cancel your reservation.

5.6       If the Passenger does not show up for the Transportation Service the booking will be treated as a “no-show” and 100% of the fare will be charged

5.7       If you cannot locate your driver and seek an alternative method of transport without first contacting the Provider to try and resolve the situation you will be charged the full fare for the booking.

2 hours ago, Blue and Green said:

Cancellations

Either of the terms that I've highlighted in red is reasonable - but both together???

Or to put it another way -- if you have to cancel within 24 hours of the journey time don't go to the bother and expense of phoning them, they're keeping all your money anyway so let their driver hang around in the Arrivals Hall for an hour or two while their car runs up Heathrow's exorbitant parking charges. 🙄😃

JB 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Bull said:

Either of the terms that I've highlighted in red is reasonable - but both together???

Or to put it another way -- if you have to cancel within 24 hours of the journey time don't go to the bother and expense of phoning them, they're keeping all your money anyway so let their driver hang around in the Arrivals Hall for an hour or two while their car runs up Heathrow's exorbitant parking charges. 🙄😃

JB 🙂

I wondered about that too.
One trip, we did have to change the pickup location within 24 hours due to an unexpected hotel change. We called and they were happy to make the change, no issues. 

On 3/10/2024 at 3:19 PM, skents said:

We used https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/ last July. They met us inside the airport- very easy.  We booked the tour of Stonehenge on the way to Southampton. 

After the cruise, we used them to get to our hotel in London. 

We were a traveling party of four.

Used them in 2022, heading in the opposite direction (Southampton to London). Great experience! The majority of the bus was heading to Heathrow after our tour, so they booked 2 private transfers for the parties heading to London. The company handled everything, all I had to do was pay the fee and tell them what hotel we were staying at.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:23 AM, John Bull said:

JB 🙂

I like the way you think.

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 3:19 PM, skents said:

We used https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/ last July. They met us inside the airport- very easy.  We booked the tour of Stonehenge on the way to Southampton. 

After the cruise, we used them to get to our hotel in London. 

We were a traveling party of four.

Thanks for mentioning this group. Just booked them for Southampton to London this October. We are staying in London a couple extra days post cruise and they had a nice day tour picking up in the morning at the cruise ship and going through Cotswolds and ending up at Heathrow or London  very late in the afternoon. Perfect !  We ( and our luggage) were going to just take the train into London that morning on our own, but it’s nice to have this Cotswold trip ( 3 stops in quaint villages) and not have to deal with luggage!

Edited by Thunderbird19