Proposing on Allure

Hello! I am planning to propose to my girlfriend coming up on Allure.  We are pretty private people, so I want to plan something private for us but still special. I was wondering about the room decoration packages. It looks like they all to be set up prior to arriving which isn't what I want. 

I am wondering this: can I order the champagne and strawberries as well as a room decoration (thinking just some rose pedals or something basic like that) to be delivered on the second day of our cruise while we are out? It would be a surprise when we get back to our room, we can have a little moment and then I could pop the question. Who would I talk to upon boarding to make this happen?  

Congratulations!!

That is correct - the room decoration packages are typically set up on the first day of the cruise. Also, the decoration packages that they offer are Birthday, Anniversary, Just Married, and Bon Voyage. No "Just Engaged" - what a miss on Royal's part!

Royal used to offer a "Royal Proposal" package, but it looks like that was removed from the brochure when they updated their Wedding packages. If you happen to be staying Sky or Star Class, definitely reach out to Concierge/Royal Genie - that will be the easiest. Otherwise, I wouldn't trust that your room decor package would be delayed, even if that is something that you are able to request.

Do you happen to be sailing with friends/family, and could they help with decorating your room? Honestly, your own decorations would look better than the Royal decor packages. If not, maybe you could join your Roll Call and recruit some help from fellow cruisers?

• Like 2

I did notice there was no just engaged package and thought it was surely a miss on their part 🙂

I am traveling with my brother and SIL, so worst case I will have them help!

• Like 2

Talk with your room steward, that person maybe willing and able to help. A bit of Cash-O-La never hurt.  

On another note, as a Public Accountant, don’t get married. it only complicates things in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My only experience that may help is when DH tried to have the decorations put up for our anniversary.....the staff had no concept of keeping the secret from me.  Lol

He's very thoughtful but not everyone thinks the same way. 

I'd try to arrange something small like some have mentioned with a single person in charge helping arrange details.  

Posted (edited)

Friend proposed to his girlfriend on Oasis class ship mid day in Central Park (under the trellises ) on a port day. The ship was fairly empty so it was a private moment for them. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 6

Maybe not engagement specific, BUT... go into your reservation and click "Plan My Cruise".  In the top blue banner, you should see your sailing information (ship name/dates).  On the far upper right you should see a circle with your initials.  Click your initials and it will open a drop down list that includes something called "Royal Gifts."  Among the Royal Gifts in the Celebrations category is something called "Luxury Love Celebration" for $169.99.

Make it a cruise to remember with the perfect decorations for your special celebration and treat yourselves to a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, paired with a bottle of champagne!

This package includes:

• 1 Magnetic Door Sign
  • 1 Mirror Cling
  • 1 Wire Photo Cable with Clips
    • Photos not included.
    • Holds up to four photos
  • 2 Hanging Ceiling Decorations
  • 1 Photo Frame
    • Photo not included.
      Holds a 5x7 photograph
  • 1 Bottle of Champagne
  • 9 Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Hope that this helps and Congratulations!

Posted (edited)

If you want to propose in your cabin, I would go to guest services on day 1 and ask if they can arrange rose pedals, champagne and strawberries to be delivered at a specific time frame.    Let them know it's a surprise.

If unsure about proposing in cabin, maybe propose at a beach and ask for cabin to be decorated for your return.

Edited by Sunshine3601

Thanks for all the input, everyone! I'm going to scope the ship out when we get there, but I am thinking either on one of the decks at sunset (probably will be pretty busy) or after dark, or in central park at some point. We will be staying on the ship one of the port days so that may be a good time where things are quieter during the day. 

1 hour ago, DoctorRobot said:

Thanks for all the input, everyone! I'm going to scope the ship out when we get there, but I am thinking either on one of the decks at sunset (probably will be pretty busy) or after dark, or in central park at some point. We will be staying on the ship one of the port days so that may be a good time where things are quieter during the day. 

I don’t want to sound negative, but do you have a plan in the unlikely event (I am assuming here) that she says no? The only reason I ask is I have witnessed two women turn down a marriage proposal on RCI ships (one in Central Park near the Trellis Bar and one in Chops). From what I heard, in both of these situations the woman flew home at the next port (I don’t know if that is even an option these days). 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t want to sound negative, but do you have a plan in the unlikely event (I am assuming here) that she says no? The only reason I ask is I have witnessed two women turn down a marriage proposal on RCI ships (one in Central Park near the Trellis Bar and one in Chops). From what I heard, in both of these situations the woman flew home at the next port (I don’t know if that is even an option these days). 

I appreciate the concern, but I am 100% sure that won't be a problem lol

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, DoctorRobot said:

Hello! I am planning to propose to my girlfriend coming up on Allure.  We are pretty private people, so I want to plan something private for us but still special.

Congrats in advance!

Not sure if this will help or what cabin type you have, but I made similar plans a few years back when I was ready to ask my girlfriend to marry me. We were in an AquaTheater suite on Symphony, another Oasis class ship. Part of our cruise routine has always been to have one slow dance per night on our balcony. Anyway, with that huge balcony (almost 800 sq ft) and its close proximity to the music that is often played toward the back of the ship, I arranged for the song 'Perfect Symphony' to be played at a certain time when I knew we'd be back from dinner one night (it's a variation of Ed Sheeran's song 'Perfect', but with both Ed and Andrea Bocelli in a beautiful duet, which they renamed 'Perfect Symphony').

If you have a special song, even played from your phone and even if you don't have a big balcony, a nice slow dance ending with you on one knee just might do the trick.

We've been married a little over four years now. 

Edited by TheInnocentAge
  • Like 3

If you want it to be quieter, and outside of your cabin, then doing it on the port day when most people are off the ship would be ideal.  Maybe you Bro can decorate the room while you are proposing.  Bring the decorations with you or he can bring them so she doesn't see it coming.  It will be much cheaper than buying from RCL.  

Talk to the cruise director staff about locations. They know the ship the best and have probably seen it all so they would have great ideas

• Like 1

Allure has a couple of places onboard that might be nice.  Once is the Sun Deck on Deck 14.  It's not shown on the deck plans so very few people know about it.  It is all the way forward and overlooks the helipad.  It also has two little areas with wood floors over the bridge wings.  Depending on the port, you can have some beautiful views.  From the Deck 14 guest hallway, the entryway is all the way forward.  There is a button to press for the sliding glass door.  You can search YT videos for secret deck or sun deck to get an idea.

Another cute place, although a bit small, are the secret balconies overlooking Central Park on Deck 9.  They are by the aft elevators on Deck 9 and have a small table and a couple of chairs.

Sun Deck

DSC01698.jpg?itok=THSkxV5U

Bridge wing

DSC01624.jpg?itok=klSkilZ0

Secret balcony

DSC01708.jpg?itok=qx8dOH0X

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jk04 said:

Allure has a couple of places onboard that might be nice.  Once is the Sun Deck on Deck 14.  It's not shown on the deck plans so very few people know about it.  It is all the way forward and overlooks the helipad.  It also has two little areas with wood floors over the bridge wings.  Depending on the port, you can have some beautiful views.  From the Deck 14 guest hallway, the entryway is all the way forward.  There is a button to press for the sliding glass door.  You can search YT videos for secret deck or sun deck to get an idea.

Another cute place, although a bit small, are the secret balconies overlooking Central Park on Deck 9.  They are by the aft elevators on Deck 9 and have a small table and a couple of chairs.

Sun Deck

DSC01698.jpg?itok=THSkxV5U

Bridge wing

DSC01624.jpg?itok=klSkilZ0

Secret balcony

DSC01708.jpg?itok=qx8dOH0X

WOW, the sun deck is an incredible tip.  I think this is the plan.  THANK YOU!

• Like 4

You could bring rose petals and such and ask your room attendant to decorate while you are out.  keep it simple with rose petals and maybe a lovve towel animal.  Include a big tip.

3 hours ago, on the square said:

My nephew proposed on oasis in November he simply slipped me his room key and my wife and I decorated the cabin.

DSC_5204.JPG.jpg

I am pretty sure this is Central Park which normally has a couple of secluded  spots that would be perfect.

7 hours ago, DoctorRobot said:

WOW, the sun deck is an incredible tip.  I think this is the plan.  THANK YOU!

It is a beautiful spot. You may want to check adventure ocean's schedule. At certain times you may have an adorable,  but probably unwanted,  audience comprised of the under 9s.  Enjoy this great moment!

19 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Wow what are the chances? I’ve never even witnessed a proposal in my life (except from my husband of course) and you’ve witnessed two rejections!  What a bummer. You must be bad luck lol. Kidding of course, but you may want to stay out of restaurants on Valentines Day 😉

• Haha 1