Cancelling Israel?

suzyed

1 minute ago, TRLD said:

Has anyone restarted port stops there since January?

I thought it was more a question how far out the lines were cancelling.

Well, ok then, what is the answer to that?  We have a cruise booked for next year with two stops in Israel.

Just now, suzyed said:

Well, ok then, what is the answer to that?  We have a cruise booked for next year with two stops in Israel.

If things stay as is I would not count on the stops if they are important to you.

If the war stops, and peace breaks out they may start up by then.

• Like 1

I know you already know the answer to this!  Unless there are some dramatic (very dramatic changes) in negotiations between Israel, Iran and Palestine in the very near future, you can count on stops in Israel being canceled.  

• Like 2

Same answer for the Red Sea, St Petersburg Russia, and lots of other places.

Unless peace breaks out you won't be cruising to anyplace near there.

For predicting  the future what do you use?  I use an old Magic 8 Ball.  Usually says ask later.

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I don't think anyone here has the answer. Just send a quick email off to the Isreali Prime Minister and the head of Hamas and ask them what their plans are. 

Edited by leck57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I don't think anyone here has the answer. Just send a quick email off to the Isreali Prime Minister and the head of Hamas and ask them what their plans are. 

might cc Iran and the Houthi in Yemen as well.

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

You are not going to Israel, cruise will happen you will probably go to Cyprus or something similar 

45 minutes ago, hlperez said:

If your cruise is in 2025 there is a good chance it will go to Israel.  Things flare up very quickly, but usually end quickly.  2025 is a year away.

Flaring up quickly also means if it is scheduled to go to Israel, it can be cancelled quickly!

And when was the last time a cruise went to St. Petersburg, formerly the jewel of Baltic cruises? I would not count on a quick return for ships to Israel.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, suzyed said:

I had a Mediterranean and Israel cruise for Nov 2023.  Princess cancelled the 2 day Israel stops and were replaced with new ports, - Malta and Crete.

We were not informed until a short time before sailing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hlperez said:

If your cruise is in 2025 there is a good chance it will go to Israel.  Things flare up very quickly, but usually end quickly.  2025 is a year away.

That is my hope!

8 hours ago, hlperez said:

Sadly, has not gone that way this time.  Things have gone from bad to worse in the last 6 months.

The threat of Iran launching long range drones at Israel will be enough to keep ships away, until the current situation gets resolved and no sign of that happening

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCThunder said:

With the events of this afternoon, I'd think it will be a loooong time before any cruise ships go to Israel.

Sounds that way....time will tell.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Iran has now attacked Israel.  I doubt if cruiseships will be cruising in that area for a very long time.  Peace in the Middle East has become a pipe dream.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We were scheduled to go to Israel and Egypt on Celebrity last October.  It would have been our first Celebrity cruise but they were the most attractive option to get to a couple of the remaining options on our bucket list so we were going to cheat on Princess.

Last May things were flaring up in the region while one ship was in an Israeli port and another was enroute.  The one in port scrambled to get their passengers back on board and cancelled their other port stop in Israel.  The other one was rerouted.

Within days things were back to normal but our final payment date was fast approaching.  We discussed pros and cons of making the final payment but ultimately the thought of paying a premium price for a cruise that could turn into another Mediterranean cruise sealed it.  We cancelled, losing the deposit.  (Well we lost $100 per person and they set up the rest as FCC to be used in a year but realistically it won't be used.)

I continued to follow the roll call for a while and sure enough the week before embarkation October 7th happened.  I watched as folks were deciding what to do.  Some cancelled, some lost $$, some went but weren't happy about the substituted ports, others went with the flow.  While horrified at the events that happened in Israel last October (and after) we were glad we made the decision we did to cancel.

If you're a go with the flow type of person then stick with it.  If the destinations are important to you then I'd suggest that you not put any $$ at risk on this cruise unless and until things settle down significantly.

Edited by azbirdmom

Why are they still selling cruises to Israel at this time? If you want to see Israel I would book a land trip. It's one of those ports that is a crap shoot with political unrest that can pop up at any given moment. I wouldn't be booking any cruise to Russia either.

39 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Why are they still selling cruises to Israel at this time? If you want to see Israel I would book a land trip. It's one of those ports that is a crap shoot with political unrest that can pop up at any given moment. I wouldn't be booking any cruise to Russia either.

Cannot answer why they would still be selling cruises including Israel. My best guess would be they have not yet formulated what alternative ports they will be sailing to.

As for Russia, even if you wanted to book a cruise going there, there are none, and have been none for quite a while now.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, suzyed said:

I heard that NCL and others are cancelling port stops in Israel....has anyone heard if Princess is going to do the same?

Personally I would book another cruise now and pay deposit . No cruises to this area for years. Cruise companies are saying there needs to be continual peace for at least 1 year before  cruises start up . We had one booked for Feb next year . Spring last year we booked another cruise while there was still good cabins left. We had only paid a deposit on the Isreal cruise with Celebrity but was seeing what was happening on cruises there this year. We wernt bothered in loosing their $250 deposit but we were bothered about not finding another cruise we wanted to do ! We werent interested in the offer of an alternative cruise to the Greek Islands , bad weather in Feb as this is what Celebrity was offering for canceled Isreal cruise this Feb . Celebrity emailed Sep last year to cancel Isreal  for our cruise Feb 2025  . So deposit was returned and people were trying to find alternative cruises but not happy with what they were finding as thousands and thousands and thousands of people on every cruise line world wide were doing the same ! We have a fab cruise booked as we got in there first . Just a thought. You will be contacted very soon with offers as cruise lines need as much time as poss to book their ships into alternative ports 

• Like 1