Gratuity included in specialty dining package pricing

Normally when I purchase this I notice the gratuities are added once I check out.  Here, the price says it's already included.  This is for a 9 day Grandeur cruise next April.  Price looks within reason for a 3 night package.  Has anyone seen this?  Something new for the latest 35% "sale"?Screenshot_20240509_183420.thumb.jpg.13f81266c58188f949c97d8e70769f23.jpg

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Normally when I purchase this I notice the gratuities are added once I check out.  Here, the price says it's already included.  This is for a 9 day Grandeur cruise next April.  Price looks within reason for a 3 night package.  Has anyone seen this?  Something new for the latest 35% "sale"?Screenshot_20240509_183420.thumb.jpg.13f81266c58188f949c97d8e70769f23.jpg

The gratuity of 18% is added when you purchase and check-out.  It's about $44 per person, per meal with the gratuity.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the price of various packages had the gratuity already added in and nothing was added at check out.  It started with my Icon booking a couple of weeks ago and has moved on to all the future booking that I have.

This should please all the "I hate gratuities" crowd.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the price of various packages had the gratuity already added in and nothing was added at check out.  It started with my Icon booking a couple of weeks ago and has moved on to all the future booking that I have.

This should please all the "I hate gratuities" crowd.  

Well they are still there.  

I actually like it.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Not sure about the gratuities, but that steak does NOT look appetizing, at least to me! In particular, the layer of fat on the side closest to the camera.

Yes, Chops isn't my favorite.  Unfortunately this is the Grandeur so restaurants are limited.  We may use all 3 at Izumi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Not sure about the gratuities, but that steak does NOT look appetizing, at least to me! In particular, the layer of fat on the side closest to the camera.

I don't think it's a steak. It looks like a bone at the left end. I'm guessing a pork chop or maybe a lamb chop?

• Thanks 1

Yes, I’ve noticed in the past week or so that some of the packages have the grats already included in the quoted price…and most importantly, there are actually some “discounts” on the 3 night packages, which is awesome !  I’ve saved quite a few $$ repricing some of our dining packages.  …but be careful b/c some of the prices include grats and some do not.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't think it's a steak. It looks like a bone at the left end. I'm guessing a pork chop or maybe a lamb chop?

Bone-in Ribeye.

22 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I posted similar and people all posted they had seen it. I saw it about a month ago. Sounds good to me.

7 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

I like that price with Gratuities added.

Btw if you included gratuity l will not be leaving an additional tip at current prices

Agreed.  But I didn't mean for this to turn into a tipping thread.  Everyone can do what they want.  I personally don't give a crap what they choose.

Posted (edited)

I thought the gratuity has already been included for a long time now? Do I need to go back and check on my two specialty lunches on the Liberty next month?

Never mind, I checked. The gratuity is listed as a separate line item on both confirmations and already paid.

Edited by The Fun Researcher

5 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I thought the gratuity has already been included for a long time now? Do I need to go back and check on my two specialty lunches on the Liberty next month?

In the past it has normally been a separate line item added at check out

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

In the past it has normally been a separate line item added at check out

Ah ok.  Like how they tack that on with the beverage package on top of the advertised price.  

The sale mentioned by the OP has it wrapped into the advertised price.  Thanks

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Never mind, I checked. The gratuity is listed as a separate line item on both confirmations and already paid.

Irony is 25 years ago when Specialty Restarants were first added to Royal Ships, pay $20 to go to Chops, $5 for rm service, that was the Gratuity. Not sure when it Changed.

• Like 1

There will be a banner saying "Gratuities Included".  For my next cruise I am seeing the Unlimited Dining Package without the banner, and individual specialty restaurant packages with the banner.