The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 14th, 2024

The doc just called, he is the Atlanta Heart and Vein Doc, he said that the laser was totally ineffective on the block, and that he is referring him to a vascular surgeon.  But I did mention in the pre op room that Chuck was losing weight.  He asked me about that, and said that he looked worse this week, than last week.  More agitated, more confused.  I told him about all the bad appointments he had last week, how many people told him they couldnt help him, and he too found it odd that the oncologist is saying the cancer is shrinking, when everyone else is saying its not.  But when they started this new treatment, the doctor told us, this cancer was more aggressive than he had seen it.  He told me to try and talk to the oncologist when Chuck goes in tomorrow morning.  He told me that if Chuck wanted to, he could go to the symphony tonight, and I said that would be a no, as when he gets put under, he is totally out of it for several days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

Posted (edited)

I will accept long distance hugs, trust me.  Sometimes I am not sure if I need them more as the caregiver, or he needs them more for the pain.  Either way, all are accepted and cherished.

And within one minute of getting the doctors call, they emailed me another bill.  Jeez....

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

@Nickelpenny Pennie, I am so sorry about your complications.  I will be sending healing thoughts your way and let's hope that tomorrow is a great day.

@marshhawk Hugs, hugs, hugs.  I would be really infuriated if I were you.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  

I went and toured the new community center today.   I was excited about the water classes in the new facility until I got there.  Water fitness is the best for me with my back issues.  All but one disc in my back is damaged and disintegrating.  I have severe arthritis, scoliosis, stenosis, you name it.  This includes up into the neck.  I can hear the bones scraping when I turn my head at times.  I can do things in the water that I could never do on land because the water absorbs the shock.  However, they have decided to hold the classes in the 3 foot deep area.  That is way too shallow for me.  I mentioned it to the director of aquatics and he said I'd just have to find something else to do.  So, it isn't just fewer classes.  Believe me, I know 3 ft is too shallow, I have tried it in other locations and had to leave the class because it was like an electrical jolt going up my back into my head.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

@dfishDo you have access to a Y?  Dh did water exercises there and he was comfortable at 6 foot one.  Hospital just called, Dh has eaten nothing, is in pain, and wants to come home, so off I go.  Lets see what 5 o'clock traffic is like port covid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  So excited to see blue skies!  

@summer slope Happy 58th anniversary!  We too are in the it won’t last club, 51 years now,  an elite group for sure, lol!  

hoping all goes well today for @Nickelpenny and @catmando

@RMLincoln praying things go in the right direction! You’ve got this! 

@kazu hope things are improving!  

well the owlets attempted to fly and both are out of the nest!  What a scary time for them!  One was taken by parks, don’t know if it was injured,  the nest was probably twenty feet up,  the other was on the ground but with both bleary eyed parents watching closely.  

DSC_2061.jpeg

DSC_2063.jpeg

Such great pictures!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Annie @marshhawk My heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry that you and Chuck are going through this -- sending lots of hugs from across the country!

Penny @Nickelpenny I'm sorry your procedure didn't go as planned, I hope tomorrow is better -- sending gentle hugs.

Dixie @summer slope A very happy 58th anniversary!  They also said we would never last, but we'll be celebrating 55 years in September.  Enjoy!

Today I've been rushing around, trying to get things done before I drive down to watch our 3rd grader DGS in his track meet today. And of course baked cookies to bring with me.  Will check back later tonight. 🙂  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dfishDo you have access to a Y?  Dh did water exercises there and he was comfortable at 6 foot one.  Hospital just called, Dh has eaten nothing, is in pain, and wants to come home, so off I go.  Lets see what 5 o'clock traffic is like port covid.

No Y.  The community center is the only facility with a pool.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Going towards town, no traffic, coming back out to the burbs?  Traffic.  DH is home, and glad to be out of the hospital bed, but no one told him the surgery was a failure. Until I did.  He is not a happy hubby.  Now to regroup, he wants soup and grilled cheese, and I have to feed the cats, then him, then do the dishes, clean the litter and walk the neighbors dog. Whooppeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

DH is home, and glad to be out of the hospital bed, but no one told him the surgery was a failure. Until I did.  He is not a happy hubby.

This happens with my DH too, he just doesn't remember anything in the post op setting. He has been told things in my presence that he says he understands at the time, but has no recollection of the discussion later. At least the staff usually include me in all the instructions so I can tell him later when he asks why he has bandages and bruises!!

Hope you can get some rest soon.

Mary

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dfish said:

No Y.  The community center is the only facility with a pool.   

Debbie, does someone in your neighborhood have a pool that they would let you use to do your exercises in?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@Nickelpenny Pennie, I am so sorry about your complications.  I will be sending healing thoughts your way and let's hope that tomorrow is a great day.

@marshhawk Hugs, hugs, hugs.  I would be really infuriated if I were you.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  

I went and toured the new community center today.   I was excited about the water classes in the new facility until I got there.  Water fitness is the best 

Debbie, 

3 feet is way to shallow for water aerobics. The theory is it is suppose to add resistance. You will not get that if the water is not deep enough.You will put too much pressure on your joints.  Maybe others will complain also. Some of my classes are in “ deep water” ( can’t touch) I hope they can come to a solution . Water aerobics is a wonderful effective exercise. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Debbie, does someone in your neighborhood have a pool that they would let you use to do your exercises in?

Not that I know of.  Besides, it would be kind of cold in the winter.

55 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@marshhawk  HUGS to both of you.  Words fail me, but know that you are in our thoughts and are hoping for the best for both of you.

@dfish Debbie, I can't believe the response from the director of aquatics, so callous.  I hope you can find another solution.

Lenda

The solution would be to hold the classes in the 4.5 foot depth part of the pool, but they would have to interrupt lane swimming to do that.  Now, for the last 20 years they have interrupted lane swimming to hold classes in the pool, but that isn't possible to do anymore.  I may be writing to the director of the facility.  I'm trying to think deviously to see if I can get the on an accessibility issue.   If people can bring their dogs in strollers on cruise ships.....

13 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Debbie, 

3 feet is way to shallow for water aerobics. The theory is it is suppose to add resistance. You will not get that if the water is not deep enough.You will put too much pressure on your joints.  Maybe others will complain also. Some of my classes are in “ deep water” ( can’t touch) I hope they can come to a solution . Water aerobics is a wonderful effective exercise. 

I think some of the instructors may complain as well.  They used to do half their classes in the deep end and now there is no deep end.  Back in Ohio I always did the deep water classes.  They were great.  

• Like 8

Well, I thought I was going to have a relaxing afternoon/evening, after my dental appointment. That is until BFF called. He'd been talking to the surgeon about swelling and new bruising on the leg with the ankle fracture. An US at the ER was recommended to rule out a blood clot. So off I went to pick him up and take him there. Fortunately the test was ok. Then at his house, with him using the rollator, in his driveway he decides to bend over to pick up something, without locking the rollator. Down he goes, before I could try to grab him! I thought we were going to have to call 911 to get him up (no neighbors out and about), but after about 5 tries he was able to get up, and was unhurt. I gave him a talking to, lol. I'm home now, having dinner and a glass of wine.

@marshhawk I'm sorry to hear about Chuck's surgery not being successful, and complications. Have they checked his thyroid? An overactive thyroid can cause weight loss. Hugs for you and DH both.

@luvteaching That's great news that not only did you not lose ground during your PT hiatus, you gained. Good going!

@dfish Sorry to hear that the new community center has made changes that make the water fitness classes not good for you any more. I hope you can get them to change!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Well, I thought I was going to have a relaxing afternoon/evening, after my dental appointment. That is until BFF called. He'd been talking to the surgeon about swelling and new bruising on the leg with the ankle fracture. An US at the ER was recommended to rule out a blood clot. So off I went to pick him up and take him there. Fortunately the test was ok. Then at his house, with him using the rollator, in his driveway he decides to bend over to pick up something, without locking the rollator. Down he goes, before I could try to grab him! I thought we were going to have to call 911 to get him up (no neighbors out and about), but after about 5 tries he was able to get up, and was unhurt. I gave him a talking to, lol. I'm home now, having dinner and a glass of wine.

@marshhawk I'm sorry to hear about Chuck's surgery not being successful, and complications. Have they checked his thyroid? An overactive thyroid can cause weight loss. Hugs for you and DH both.

@luvteaching That's great news that not only did you not lose ground during your PT hiatus, you gained. Good going!

@dfish Sorry to hear that the new community center has made changes that make the water fitness classes not good for you any more. I hope you can get them to change!

Your BFF deserved a talking to! He knows you are struggling from your own procedure. Can you give me his 1st name, so I can add him in my prayer book? You are #23. I have a lot of prayers to say!

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

What a day you have all had!  I’ll spend the evening saying prayers for you and sending virtual hugs.  We are just back from the airport, dropping DD off for her red eye back to Gander, she’ll arrive at 1:30 pm tomorrow, and they have already invited her to do a shift at 2…. She declined.  We’ve had fun, but I imagine she must think us very boring.  She did do lots of shopping on her own and went back with a new larger suitcase, plus a duffle bag full of shoes and clothes.  Fortunately she got an upgrade on the longest flight, from Vancouver to Halifax.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 10

@JazzyV I am thankful that BFF did not have a blood clot and that he did not injure himself more when he fell.  I sure hope he listened carefully to every syllable you said.  I am composing my letter about the water fitness classes.  I think this is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

@dfish I can lap swim in three feet of water, (breast stroke) I cant do water aerobics in 3 feet of water.  What are they thinking???

@JazzyVPlease remind your BFF to think it all through-what can happen if I do something wrong, what would the end result be? 

I think women think like this, maybe men do too, but I dont know any who do.

Sorry guys if I have insulted anyone.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

What a day you have all had!  I’ll spend the evening saying prayers for you and sending virtual hugs.  We are just back from the airport, dropping DD off for her red eye back to Gander, she’ll arrive at 1:30 pm tomorrow, and they have already invited her to do a shift at 2…. She declined.  We’ve had fun, but I imagine she must think us very boring.  She did do lots of shopping on her own and went back with a new larger suitcase, plus a duffle bag full of shoes and clothes.  Fortunately she got an upgrade on the longest flight, from Vancouver to Halifax.

Ann, I hope your DD has safe and uneventful flights.

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

@JazzyV I am thankful that BFF did not have a blood clot and that he did not injure himself more when he fell.  I sure hope he listened carefully to every syllable you said.  I am composing my letter about the water fitness classes.  I think this is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

Good for you , Debbie.  It sounds like they didn't think about what is best for those who take the classes.  I hope you prevail.

Lenda

• Like 5