The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 27th, 2024

Memorial Day

Today is Sunscreen Protection Day, Old-Time Player Piano Day, and National Grape Popsicle Day

Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.--John Lennon

Meal Suggestion for today - Roasted Salmon with Smoky Chickpeas & Greens
Drink of the Day - Dom Pedro
Wine of the Day - Yjar 2019 (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Daylight cruising Glacier Alley

Today in History:
1940 British and Allied forces begin the evacuation of Dunkirk (Operation Dynamo) during WWII

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

Lerwick, Mainland Shetland, Scotland 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska eta 05-28

Oosterdam

Rijeka, Croatia 10:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord 07:00 - 14:00

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 09:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-28

Zaandam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Zuiderdam

Kristiansand, Norway 07:00 - 16:00

0527Alaska.thumb.png.ffa0b2677c6fc65fe264981ce9d97376.png

0527Atlantic.thumb.png.3f6eb6b399cd617e3e114ba74ce939bd.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 29

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

75 right now with a high of 92 with abundant sunshine. 
Memorial Day is the day we remember all our heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice, God bless them all.

We learned yesterday the PGA player Grayson Murray took his own life, what a shame as most thought that he had figured things out especially since winning in Hawaii earlier in the year.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Happy Memorial Day!  

Thank you for the Reports!  

Sunscreen is an important reminder...  I've had Mohs Surgery on my face and understand the scare any threat of cancer can be!!  And, a player Piano...  how fun!!!   Grape popsicles, on the other hand, give purple lips and I'm not that fond of them!!!

Counting one's age by the number of friends -- ALWAYS a better option!!!  And smiling is quite fun and healthy!!!

The meal and beverages and Port City all are wonderful!!

Have a fantastic Day!!!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @richwmn for todays quotes, food, destination and all. 
Love the quote. I can Picture myself in the inside passage.  A nice day to wake up to that sweet thought.

No sunscreen needed for us most of today due to the storms. I am up extra early because of all the lightening. It was like a light flashing in my eyes. The danger is past for us. Prayers for all in the path of this storm.  No need to water the grass bo matter how hot it gets. 

Nw I will try to get the raincoat on Max the chihuahua and see how that goes.

Hoping everyone stays safe and enjoys a fun Memorial Day here in the states.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Happy Memorial Day and good morning friends!  We are in Kristiansand, Norway and of course the weather this morning has been rainy and about 62F.  The last time I was here we had similar weather, maybe worse!  The rain seems to have stopped and we had a quick lunch so we can head outside for a long walk.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for posting the Daily and Fleet Report for this Memorial Day, and thank you to all who served and perished for our country.  We honor you on this day of recognition.  Well, no need for sunscreen here in Kristiansand, and I never liked a grape Popsicle. Any other flavor was fine.  Who doesn't like a player piano?  Interesting concept by John Lennon, will pass on the meal, drink and wine but thank Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on them.  What a big day in history for the British and the Allies!  We just checked the movies on demand here on Zuiderdam and it is in the selection so perhaps we can watch that movie today or tomorrow.  I’ve wanted to see it.

Prayers to all here in need of them especially Jacqui @kazu and Tana.  Hoping for improvement for all who recently underwent procedures and surgeries.  Prayers too for DB, Alex and family, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the suffering hostages still held, and the troops in danger.  May they all come home safely.

Cheers for all celebrating a happy event today and cruising!  Hope you’re all having fun!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping and getting up early to post even though you may want to sleep in.  It will take a while to catch up on all the sleep you lost!

The port of the day is “Daylight cruising Glacier Alley”.  In my opinion this can only refer to that section of Patagonia in Chile where Beagle Channel is. Since there are no earlier Port of the Day references to Daylight Cruising Glacier Alley, there won’t be links to that date.  But we do have three prior dates with Beagle Channel so here are the links to those dates in 2021, 2022, and 2024.

Tonight we have dinner in the Pinnacle Grill so I’m saving my appetite for that.  Dinner service in the MDR has been slower since the turnover day Saturday.  Our waiters have more passengers in their section this time.  More patience is needed for sure. 

Have a great day today all!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Here are the photos I lasted posted for Beagle Channel.  I see I also included Cape Horn so please excuse the run on to a different place.

I always enjoy a cool weather cruise, especially if there are glaciers to view.  Our first time in Beagle Channel was on Star Princess in 2012 (Rio de Janeiro to San Francisco).  We were denied entry to Ushuaia's harbor due to the fact we had visited Stanley, Falkland Islands.  This was the 30th anniversary year of their famous conflict.  Because of the harbor master's decision we spent the day cruising Beagle Channel in the daylight hours instead of evening and night time.  Two 2012 photos:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

That was quite a collection of glacier ice right at sea level.  I'll bet it began calving shortly after to relieve the pressure of the encroaching ice.

Star Princess served coffee and hot chocolate on deck that day.  We could listen to the destination expert over the loud speakers out there or slip inside to warm up.

Next visit to Beagle Channel would have been our 2015 Ruby Princess cruise (Ft. Lauderdale to L.A. 49 days).  This time we were able to stop at Ushuaia, so our trip through the channel seeing the glaciers took place after departure.  We got up and down from the dinner table (late dining) and ran outside to take photos every 10 minutes or so.  Here is one of them.

This glacier and waterfall photo was taken at nearly 9 pm.

One exciting visit to Beagle Channel was our third time there on the Seabourn Quest in 2016 (Valparaiso, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina).  The day was Christmas Eve. Here’s the same glacier and waterfall, seen a year and a half later on the Quest in the early morning hours.

Hopefully not much change! 

Photo taken from Seabourn video

Hot chocolate was consumed on my balcony this cruise!  Along with a delicious muffin from Seabourn Square.

Final visit was on Coral Princess in January 2020 (my latest visit there).  That one was from San Antonio, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  We left Ushuaia around 6 or 6:30 pm and 12 hours later we were viewing Cape Horn.  I have NO photos of the Beagle Channel from that cruise.  The last photo I took in Ushuaia was of another ship leaving for an expedition cruise to Antarctica.  In fact, it is actually named Expedition!  Cruisemapper.com says it hold 134 passengers and is located in the Mediterranean today.

A little over 12 hours later we were at Cape Horn.

And here is the albatross monument at Cape Horn instead. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

7 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

And, May I remind us all...

Memorial Day vs Veterans Day - There's a Difference | RallyPoint

Thank those who gave their ALL on Memorial Day...  Thank all who served on Veterans Day and EVERYDAY!!!!

You are spot on.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily reports.

The rain is pouring down and it is 59°F.

We called popsicles Ice Lollies in the UK.

Excellent quote by the late great John Lennon.

Never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial day.

Screenshot_20240527_112008.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

75 right now with a high of 92 with abundant sunshine. 
Memorial Day is the day we remember all our heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice, God bless them all.

We learned yesterday the PGA player Grayson Murray took his own life, what a shame as most thought that he had figured things out especially since winning in Hawaii earlier in the year.

Have a great day and stay well.

That is so sad.

I read he had mental health and alcohol problems but he was blessed with a beautiful fiance and a great golf swing.

• Like 21

Happy Memorial Day.  Memories of those who passed saving our freedom.

Dom Pedro cocktail:

This truly South African drink was invented by Danny Ferris, who owned the Belinzona restaurant in Blouberg (Cape Town) in the 1970s. During a whisky distillery tour to Scotland, Danny tipped some whisky over ice cream – and thought it tasted rather good.

Ingrediens:

4 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream, slightly softened.
1/2 cup Amarula Liqueur or Kailua
3/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/thick cream).
1 Flake Chocolate Bar crumbled or any shaved Chocolate.

Directions:

Place the Ice-Cream, Liqueur and Cream in a blender – blend until combined
Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with Chocolate flakes/crumbs

Serves 4

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 6.29.00 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 21

Good morning. Yesterday we visited the ancient city of Carthage, Tunis the Capitol of Tunisia and Medina the old section of Tunis and the old Souk.

The ancient Roman baths were huge. The aqueducts were the largest ever seen. The Souk was quiet yesterday being this North African was their day to celebrate Mother’s Day.

Today the Med. Sea is a glassy ripple as we sail to Corfu, Greece. Lot’s of new faces onboard with yesterday new crew arriving.

Thanks for the reports and post. Forever grateful for the brave men and women whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom. ❤️🇱🇷

image.thumb.jpeg.b5e855c243bcaddcad623fb0296a006c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e074af99820d0dcb8c885a19de5db6d5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.80a9ade472da25cfbbb497045722d8df.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fbaa469beb10b1b559c21751e774218f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c051868d9ff71ef2173c8d91bc3b037e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6287d20990e934d36e2543fbc65f8b4e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.88c1ec88bde2ddfd0fdc4eaaaafd225f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7be3bbd27190dfd41a085966ac8c5a55.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.05e7db097ffc024969b10a8c2db20d17.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8ea7021575091700f0a3f95b4ca30577.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Thanks to all who sacrificed for us.

Another rainy day in the forecast.  We had thunderstorms overnight.  Lots of puddles this morning.

Three good days to celebrate.

Great quote from a great man.

Not sure about the meal, the drink sounds divine and I hope the wine is nice too.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Sorry to hear about golfer Grayson Murray.

Prayers for our world.

Have a peaceful day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Cruzin Terru driving to Jacksonville for Mayo appointments

Flooding and storms in the US, with loss of life; AZ & Canada wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice post TAVR (valve replacement), doing well

Catmando on immunotherapy, pain & jaw bone issues due to prior radiation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Memorial Day

dfish’s goddaughter Elizabeth’s new arrival Adelaide

Nickelpenny post back surgery, now home, doing well

RMLincoln’s DH with eye drainage incision still open on last evaluation

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Mr. Boston (Volendam June 1 to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

6 days for Luvteaching (Majestic Princess June 2 to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage

MrSnuggleupagus (Koningsdam to June 1) Alaska Inside Passage, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 20
  • Thanks 22

43 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Memorial Day.  Memories of those who passed saving our freedom.

Dom Pedro cocktail:

This truly South African drink was invented by Danny Ferris, who owned the Belinzona restaurant in Blouberg (Cape Town) in the 1970s. During a whisky distillery tour to Scotland, Danny tipped some whisky over ice cream – and thought it tasted rather good.

Ingrediens:

4 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream, slightly softened.
1/2 cup Amarula Liqueur or Kailua
3/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/thick cream).
1 Flake Chocolate Bar crumbled or any shaved Chocolate.

Directions:

Place the Ice-Cream, Liqueur and Cream in a blender – blend until combined
Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with Chocolate flakes/crumbs

Serves 4

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 6.29.00 AM.png

Ice Cream in a cocktail...  Yes, this is my kind of refreshment!!!!  (No, not for everyday, but what a special treat!!!)

• Like 25

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the Memorial Day Fleet Report and Daily.  Three nice days to celebrate although I haven’t had a popsicle in years.  Wishing all traveling on Memorial Day a safe trip.

Interesting quote by Lennon.

The day in history sounds appropriate for Memorial Day,.

I have visited Glacier Alley 3 times, 2016 on Crystal Symphony, 2017 on Zaandam, and 2019 on Prinsendam.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Summer Fruit Salad wit Sambuca, and Broiled London Striploin as served on MS Prinsendam May 27, 2015.

We are expecting storms from early afternoon until tonight so I will try to be home early today.  I am concerned with a member of my church.  Paul has a number of severe disabilities and is in the hospital with a blood infection.  I think things are about to turn positive but it is still a concern.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

Good Monday Morning.

I am up early to get things going here.

We want to leave early and hopefully beat some of the holiday traffic.

I don’t care if I have to wait for our hotel room to be ready.  It is better than sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for hours,

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for putting me on the cares list today.

i hope everyone has ha safe and pleasant Memorial Day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

IMG_2918.jpeg.33dc6071cd680aeb9f6110735b3e5fb8.jpeg

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! It is a lovely start to this day of remembrance. Our strong ocean breezes have made the heat of the last few days bearable. Hope they continue. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. Hope BFF heals quickly. You are definitely on the right track. 

Gym, a Memorial Day ceremony at my community’s club house, Bindi walks, & dinner at another friend’s. I might be able to squeeze in some pool time. 

IMG_2765.jpeg.02be7ac3b33d07c62ac7798ec37417de.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg.6c3727eaa8522858eee43f02de4d0780.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg.230c0487ab81dac8f488e4ab3449bb3a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Safe travels for you & Jim, Terri.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Yjar 2019 (750ML)

This Tempranillo-based blend from Spain sounds lovely, but it is outside of my budget. Maybe just a taste. A decent number of distributors. Online prices start at $119.95.

Reviews

Jane Anson: 100 Points

I tasted this at the property from barrel thrilled to follow it now in bottle. Grabs you from the first moments with its sage thyme dried flowers and incense aromatics clings to your nostrils drawing you in so much depth of flavour to the vivid raspberry and sour cherry fruits delicate and yet powerful. Hard to describe how little artifice is conveyed in the glass it's not a wine that is coated in new oak instead it is delicate poised crafted utterly gorgeous so moreish. Harvest October 6 to 18 3.8ha old gobelet vines with any replacements coming from massal selction. Iconic winemaking partnership Telmo Rodriguez and Pablo Eguzkiza. I hope everyone folllowed my advice from the first vintage to get on board because it is more than living up to its potential and its tiny quatities means that first come are almost certainly first served.

Decanter: 98 Points

The third vintage by oenologist-winemakers Telmo Rodriguez and Pablo Eguzkiza the 3.8-hectare single-vineyard cuvée from the limestone foothills of the Sierra de Toloño in Rioja Alavesa is made from a massal selection of Tempranillo Graciano Garnacha Granegro and Rojal. A lovely bright pink-red colour in the glass. Supple and succulent smooth and round such a lifeforce on show a step up slightly from last year - clearly so energetic forward and sleek. This is defined and powerful no doubt this is packing a punch in terms of intensity this year focussed and spiced the heat and oak come through strongly but it manages to stay the righ

Wine Advocate: 97 Points

The 2019 Yjar is the third vintage of their top-of-the-range wine designed for the international market and sold through the négociant system of Bordeaux. It was produced with a blend of Tempranillo Garnacha Graciano and other grapes from 3.8 hectares of selected plots from the Remelluri vineyards cropped from a challenging year with frost. This feels young but already very Rioja marked by the Garnacha which could represent around 30% of the bottled blend. It's tense and has abundant but fine-grained tannins a little Italian in style. They kept a lower alcoholic degree in 2019 a moderate 14% and the wine comes through as very elegant. This has to be my favorite vintage of Yjar. It spent 30 months in barrels of different sizes and foudres. 9049 bottles were filled in June 2022. I tasted the Yjar bottling (which is sold through the négociant system of Bordeaux) with the rest of Telmo Rodríguez's portfolio but I have included the note here again for context and completeness of the wines sold through La Place de Bordeaux in September 2023. There is a big change in the range of Lindes the wines produced with grapes from external local grape growers from the neighboring villages. They have bottled six different wines from 2020 selecting grapes from six different villages. In 2020 they had two episodes of hail and they had to sort select and discard and they also bought grapes from different growers including Marqués de Legarda from Ábalos. It was a learning exercise to understand the character of each of the villages in a journey that continues in 2021 and 2022 trying to enhance the differences between the villages with a simpler enology. There's also a Grandes Lindes a very special bottling from a truly exceptional vineyard. It might be a collection that grows in the future if they find more exceptional vineyards. This project has been ongoing since 2011 but they never released any of the wines until today with a wine from San Vicente de la Sonsierra from 2019 but they still have all previous vintages around 2000 bottles each year in their cellar. As for the classical Remelluri wines they are changing the concept; the new wines will come from the 2020 harvest and they have reduced quantities tremendously. They probably did less than 200000 kilos of grapes in 2020 when they had done 400000 kilos in the past... So I only tasted the white from 2020; the Yjar sold at La Place de Bordeaux in September 2023 and the classical reds will come in the future. Published: Aug 31 2023

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 3

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily and maps today Rich!  HAL ships are branching out once more.  I love grape popsicles but haven't had one in several decades, shave ice is my guilty purple treat now.  Sunscreen is important and as many of us have, I had Moh's Surgery and have been diligent with both sunscreen and a hat all the time I am in the sun.   I will share some photos of Glacier Alley later. 

I will pass on the meal and the cocktail and the meal but today's wine would be yummy if someone is sharing.  Thanks for researching these for us each day.

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations Reports Vanessa.   Prayers for everyone on our care list including Tana, Chuck, Maurice and those who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the hostages and the innocents in Gaza.

I enjoyed watching the Indy 500 yesterday, especially with the late start time I got to get some outside work done before the race.   I watched an excellent documentary on Robert Oppenheimer but had to turn it off after one hour because it was 11o'clock.  We have two couples coming over for dinner today.  It is cloudy and chilly.  John is braiding a huge pork loin and I am making scalloped potatoes and raspberries.  Guests are filling in the rest.  Have a lovely Memorial Day!  Nancy

A day to remember out fallen.  American Cemetery at Normandy.  

Cemetary at Normandy.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich and thanks to Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie & Ann.

Sunscreen is important but we sure don’t need it here today with the cloudy, grey skies.  Love the quote.  

Miserable yesterday - rain, which wasn’t called for and cold.  Too cold to even move my few annuals out for transitioning.  Hopefully it is better today and I will see how I can do.  I will definitely be using Jose’s gadget & my dolly for the earth since today’s appointment was cancelled (break my heart 😂 )

IMG_1083.jpeg.11c20f4c28a6564e8d5ab1384e962bc3.jpeg

Need to finish the new fencing for the garden - so far, it seems to be working for Master Ivan.  He’s looked a few times but hasn’t tried to jump it 🤞 

Happy Memorial Day to all of our U.S. friends.  No matter what our nationality, we should always remember and be grateful to those who gave their lives in service to their country 💜 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, pain, grief, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1082.jpeg.1bcd63256f7f4c63f45828bc0bf9bb93.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg.99332a67717e7f1a4f12267b1224ed15.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Haha 10

We visited Glacier Alley in Chile in January 26-28 2023.  We had a port side cabin and viewing was perfect.  One thing we loved on the Volendam was that the chairs by the windows near the piano bar were almost always open, a perfect way to stretch out and watch in the warmth with the coffee shop right around the corner.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Heavy rain this morning! 
I feel asleep very early last night so was awake before 6thus morning but feeling refreshed. DH is still asleep. I’m sure he managed his last eye drops and eye massage himself ok. It’s harder for him to do the timing himself (10 secs on/10 secs off) but he’s figured it out when I’m off doing something of mine; last night sleep was important. Today we get to reduce the steroid drops to 4x/day!!  

I really enjoyed the community theater show yesterday! Very fun presentation of Something Rotten, a musical very loosely recalling several Shakespeare snips plus Broadway musicals. We might get a subscription to next season. It’s nice it’s so close by. 

Watched a recorded Indy 500 before and after dinner. What an exciting finish!  Then a hockey game but I crashed early. Today we have a holiday schedule afternoon dinner which we’ll share with a couple we’ve met. Haven’t really made friends here yet but having a few new acquaintances is pleasant. 

I caught up early this morning on yesterday’s Daily…

Terry, wonderful your brother will stay a bit!  

Terri, safe travels and hoping you get some guidance!

Debbie, thanks for pix of River, growing up!  Glad your visit was without tantrums!  You’ll be with her forever!  
Jacqui, we’re all concerned about you. Glad you’re not overdoing. 
Gerry, hang in there!  
Pennie, Funny you mentioned Deadwood SD… I’d been reading about it after the Calamity Jane movie. Deadwood was a tough, rough place. DH,s father was born in SD in 1902, but on a farm not in the gold rush hills.  We visited the old farm in 2018 and learned a lot about their pioneer life. By 1902 some resemblance of civility had come to the territory but it was still a hugely risky existence just battling the elements. Deadwood rose from the ashes with the casino and tourism as did some other near-ghost towns of the west in Colorado… Cripple Creek, Central City and others. Thanks for mentioning about the Tin Lizzie. But I will admit I loathe cockroaches and am happy to give Javelina a wide path. 

I’m sad to hear that Grayson Murphy died by suicide. Depression can be helped!  What a sad, sad loss. 

Sandi, thanks for your Beagle Channel pix. It was a very low cloud ceiling when we went through there on Carnival Splendor in 2013. The crew brought out blankets for us to wrap ourselves in. We looked ghosts in the mists at times but it was still stunning to be so up-close to so many glaciers for several hours in the narrow channel. Good memories! 

I watched Dunkirk on a HAL cruise; the movie has an interesting perspective. It’s so important to remember but even with movies it’s hard to grasp the horrors and heroism of the happenings. 

The storms keep wreaking havoc!  Please keep aware of alerts and take them seriously. Stay safe my friends!  

Blessings sent out very early!  Hoping you all have a good day! 
🫡 to those who gave their lives for their county. 
Maureen 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2