WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Just off Connie. Damien told me that he will be going to Reflection for TA.

Hi Orator,

I'm on the TA as well Apr. 20th. I believe Julian Brackenbury just signed on as Hotel Dir. and will be there for the crossing.

As of the latest chart of March 9th, Paul Baya is listed as CD. Does anyone know how long he'll be on, i.e. the transatlantic?

Any other updates from anyone recently off Reflection? Thanks!

Hi Orator' date='

I'm on the TA as well Apr. 20th. I believe Julian Brackenbury just signed on as Hotel Dir. and will be there for the crossing.

As of the latest chart of March 9th, Paul Baya is listed as CD. Does anyone know how long he'll be on, i.e. the transatlantic?

Any other updates from anyone recently off Reflection? Thanks![/quote']

Saw Daimien about two weeks ago when he told me that he would be on Reflection for the TA. Be on Connie on April 6th and might see him again. Lots of changes take place just prior to and right after a TA.

It seems like the Silhouette has had at least 3 different sets of staff since January. Is this unusual? Why would there be so many changes in such a short period? I'm almost positive this is the 3rd hotel director

It seems like the Silhouette has had at least 3 different sets of staff since January. Is this unusual? Why would there be so many changes in such a short period? I'm almost positive this is the 3rd hotel director

Well, the crew can be changing all different times (wait staff, housekeeping)...it depends on when their contract started.

As for Sr Staff and management? You are saying there have been 3

different Hotel Directors (for example) in 3 months? Yes, that is odd.

Definitley an exception to the rule. That would be a different HD in Jan,

Feb and now in March? Yes, it is VERY unusual.

You lucky person...have you been sailing her for 3 months?:D;)

Arno -- here's an update on Equinox, from our March 15th sailing:

Master: Panagiotis Mantzavinos

Staff Captain: Leonardos Palaiokrassas

GR Manager: Nick Shrives

Hotel Director: Marcela Salum

Cruise Director: Jason Ward

Food&Bev Manager: Menze Heroian

Executive Chef: Javier Carabe Carmona

Captain's Club Hostesses: Donna Trembath & Natalie Spenie

Party Band: Southside

Does anyone know if Sue Denning will be aboard the Eclipse on the June 22nd sailing to the Baltic's out of Southampton.

Sue started in late January. I doubt that she will be on that long.

Sailed Reflection on 16 March ...

Master - Apostolos Bouzakis

Staff Captain - Theodore Agkas

GRM - Bryan Cooper

HD - Sue Richardson

CD - Paul Baya

F&B Mgr - Mark Tomley

Party Band - D' Revelations

DJ - Constantine

To which "sets" of staff changes are you referring?

There is normally a staff member who is assigned semi-permanently and fill in staff when the "main" person goes on holidays.

There are a number of floating people who fill in from ship to ship.

The main HD for Silhouette is Bernard Stacher. Some of the floaters fill in for a month at a time and are then required on another ship.

For example, Patti Honacki was CD on Eclipse in January, went on holidays, will fill in for Alejandro on Infinity in April and will then move on to Solstice.

Thanks for the updates. Dark yellow rows are the results of recent posts.

WhosOnBoardPicMarch27_zpsaa4e72c1.png

Edited by Xellent

There is normally a staff member who is assigned semi-permanently and fill in staff when the "main" person goes on holidays.

The main HD for Silhouette is Bernard Stacher. Some of the floaters fill in for a month at a time and are then required on another ship.

For example, Patti Honacki was CD on Eclipse in January, went on holidays, will fill in for Alejandro on Infinity in April and will then move on to Solstice.

I think Sue Richardson was hotel director right before we cruised January 6 and then someone else--maybe Djamel and now B Stacher

When my husband attended the Captain's talk he mentioned that each ship has a set of Captains who rotate on and off the ship. Their "top staff" or (some term like that) goes with them. I was wondering who that "top staff" would be and why 3 hotel directors on Sillhouette. Did Bernard Stacher just arrive? I know Sue Richardson was there until the January 6 cruise. It just seems like that ship has had a lot of changes when I look at the lists.

I don't know any of them like many of you--just noticing because I was on Silhouette and will be on again soon.

Thanks for the updated list. We appreciate your hard work trying to keep this all up-to-date as possible. Chris and Carl

I might be able to shed some light on the HDs. Damien O'Connor opened Reflection as HD. He is still with RCL but not working on a ship. Therefore, this created an opening. This might be why it appears some ships have 3 HDs---simply an issue with rotations/time off and moving around some of them to fill the voids.

Did Bernard Stacher just arrive? I know Sue Richardson was there until the January 6 cruise. It just seems like that ship has had a lot of changes when I look at the lists.

I don't know any of them like many of you--just noticing because I was on Silhouette and will be on again soon.

I believe Bernard left for holidays in December and Sue filled in, then when Damien left Reflection, Sue was transferred there and another temp filled in on Silhouette...

When long-time Captain Pagonis left Reflection and Celebrity, a whole chain of transfers resulted.

Arno -- here's an update on Equinox, from our March 15th sailing:

Master: Panagiotis Mantzavinos

Staff Captain: Leonardos Palaiokrassas

GR Manager: Nick Shrives

Hotel Director: Marcela Salum

Cruise Director: Jason Ward

Food&Bev Manager: Menze Heroian

Executive Chef: Javier Carabe Carmona

Captain's Club Hostesses: Donna Trembath & Natalie Spenie

Party Band: Southside

Staff Captain Palaiokrassas was recently promoted to Captain.

Niina will be the permanent HD on the Summit.

Jon Willem Kuipers was promoted to Traveling HD.

Edited by spencerdrivecruiser

I believe Bernard left for holidays in December and Sue filled in, then when Damien left Reflection, Sue was transferred there and another temp filled in on Silhouette...

When long-time Captain Pagonis left Reflection and Celebrity, a whole chain of transfers resulted.

Got it, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Now here is a nice picture of all the Restaurant Managers who have had a significant impact on many frequent cruisers.

CelebrityRMgroup.jpg

Nice picture but when were ALL ships not sailing so that no one needed any restaurant managers! :p :eek: ;)

Nice picture but when were ALL ships not sailing so that no one needed any restaurant managers! :p :eek: ;)

I believe that there was a meeting of RMs in January at Miami HQ. I understand that the "dress code"was a topic for discussion. They've been holding meetings for others, such as HD as well. I was on Eclipse when a meeting for Executive Chefs was held to work on the "new" menu. These meetings along with some of what has been reported to me leads me to conclude that some changes are taking place.

Thanks for the great photo Arno ! Many familiar / friendly faces. We always look forward to seeing them when onboard X ships.

Edited by Host Andy

I believe that there was a meeting of RMs in January at Miami HQ. I understand that the "dress code"was a topic for discussion. They've been holding meetings for others, such as HD as well. I was on Eclipse when a meeting for Executive Chefs was held to work on the "new" menu. These meetings along with some of what has been reported to me leads me to conclude that some changes are taking place.

I know Dan Hanrahan told me he used to have all the HD's over to his house once a year and really enjoyed getting their collective ideas. I do wonder how logistically they do it. My guess is at least 20% can't attend