WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Now here is a nice picture of all the Restaurant Managers who have had a significant impact on many frequent cruisers.

CelebrityRMgroup.jpg

Hi Arno,

Nice picture. So were you invited to the RM meeting in Miami?

Now that would be a perk:)

I believe that there was a meeting of RMs in January at Miami HQ. I understand that the "dress code"was a topic for discussion. They've been holding meetings for others, such as HD as well. I was on Eclipse when a meeting for Executive Chefs was held to work on the "new" menu. These meetings along with some of what has been reported to me leads me to conclude that some changes are taking place.

Celebrity has meetings of each level of management at least once a year. It is not something new. Does not indicate any changes are coming. As we have seen with the changes to the Captain's Club, change at Celebrity is like molasses in January:)

Now here is a nice picture of all the Restaurant Managers who have had a significant impact on many frequent cruisers.

QUOTE]

Arno, would you mind emailing me at grace 1 faith 2 @ msn.com? I need a small favor.

Now, folks, that is the way to ensure you don't get an answer! ;)

Patty

Any idea what happened with Captain Pagonis? Where did he go? My wife is going to be heartbroken (she had a thing for Captain Rockstar).

Captain Pagonis has taken a shore-side executive position with Pulmantur Cruises in Spain. He will be sorely missed by many Celebrity cruisers.

Captain Pagonis has taken a shore-side executive position with Pulmantur Cruises in Spain. He will be sorely missed by many Celebrity cruisers.

He is Vice President for Operations and living in Madrid. You are correct when you said that "he will be sorely missed by many".

My wife will be crushed. He was such a great people person. We had the pleasure of dining with him one time and during the dinner I mentioned to him that I found it strange Celebrity had all of these Greek captains but didn't offer any Greek food. He was kind enough to invite us to a private lunch that he had the chef prepare for him, his staff, and a few other passengers. What a guy! Plus, my wife had a thing for his "long locks."

Not too many captains are as good at PR as he was. Yes, he will be missed.

Does anyone know if Que Hundermark is still with Celebrity? He was the cd on our first two cruises on equinox and eclipse and we liked him.

Any info?

We also felt Que was one of the best cruise directors we have ever had. It was posted previously on another thread that he is no longer with Celebrity. We were sad to hear this as we found him very personable and always present at activities, something I can not say about some other cruise directors. My DH still says Chicka, Chicka as a reference to Que.

I might be able to shed some light on the HDs. Damien O'Connor opened Reflection as HD. He is still with RCL but not working on a ship. Therefore, this created an opening. This might be why it appears some ships have 3 HDs---simply an issue with rotations/time off and moving around some of them to fill the voids.

I'll be meeting up with Damien on 19th April (at his place) prior to me boarding the Reflection for the TA. Looking forward to catching up with him and his family.

Anyone have any information regarding the Summit?

Just got off the Summit and there is a new captain that was promoted just recently. He is only 34!! I was shocked! It was nice to see how much he interacted with everyone. We were impressed and really liked that.

I know a few first officers that were completing their Masters certification recently, and was wondering if it was one of them

I know Nick, and Christian were getting close and both of them were mid thirties. Terrific officers also

Just got off the Summit and there is a new captain that was promoted just recently. He is only 34!! I was shocked! It was nice to see how much he interacted with everyone. We were impressed and really liked that.

Would you perhaps have any information to update the Summit staff list?

WhosOnboardApril8_zpsd4974e5a.png

Arno, Mellissa Snow is joining the Infinity as of May 1 as Captain's Club Hostess. She is presently on vacation. Nancy

We met Melissa on our Aus / NZ sailings. She told us she had had her holidays brought forwards a little so she could join Infinity for the TA and European sailings.

We were delighted she would be on our Norwegian sailing in May.

Being an Aussie she will feel the change in climate!!

OMG he is barely old enough to have a driver's license....I think this is thie first I have heard of a capatin younger than I am.....it makes me feel old:)

Most Maritime Officers Pass their Master Certificate in their late twenties, and become Captain soon afterwards. Most Captains in Commercial shipping even stop their seagoing career in their early thirties and take up shoreside positions or become pilots.

So it is absolutely normal to have a "young" captain who is in his/ her mid thirties.

The reason why on cruise ships you see many older Captains is because of The fact that the relatively confortable lifestyle onboard compared with Cargo vessels ( pay is better on Cargo by the way), the job is popular and attrition is not as big. Seniority is key in all shipping companies, as well as proficiency obviously.

The same goes by the way for Aviation, where there are lots of Captains on Medium and Wide body Jet in their mid thirties, me included.

34 means around 12 years experience as Deck Officer. that is a huge amount and plenty to be able to be Master of any Class of vessel.

Most Maritime Officers Pass their Master Certificate in their late twenties, and become Captain soon afterwards. Most Captains in Commercial shipping even stop their seagoing career in their early thirties and take up shoreside positions or become pilots.

So it is absolutely normal to have a "young" captain who is in his/ her mid thirties.

The reason why on cruise ships you see many older Captains is because of The fact that the relatively confortable lifestyle onboard compared with Cargo vessels ( pay is better on Cargo by the way), the job is popular and attrition is not as big. Seniority is key in all shipping companies, as well as proficiency obviously.

The same goes by the way for Aviation, where there are lots of Captains on Medium and Wide body Jet in their mid thirties, me included.

34 means around 12 years experience as Deck Officer. that is a huge amount and plenty to be able to be Master of any Class of vessel.

Thanks, that is very impressive. I wasn't really worried, I have every confidence in all of the Celebrity Captains, still makes me feel a little old:)

Would you perhaps have any information to update the Summit staff list?

WhosOnboardApril8_zpsd4974e5a.png

Unfortunately I don't know last names, but I do remember that the captain is Leonardos (from Greece) hotel mgr is Nina (from Finland) and cruise director is Alexandar(from USA). I was trying to get more info before we got off of the ship but the book that was in our room that had everyone in it wasn't in our cabin the last day. Hope this helps some!

I was very happy with all of them!!

These are the most recent sightings I've been told

Captain-Leonardos Palaiokrassas

Staff Captain-Ioannis Kasimatis

Hotel Director-Niina Hautaniemi

Guest Relation Manager-Pearline Morgan

Food & Beverage Manager-Doug Shelley

Executive Chef-Rene Rojas

Cruise Director-Alexander ?????

Edited by johhnnyt