White Dinner Jacket

Supplyman

No...there is no "white after Labor Day" rule in the tropics! You may wear white year round where it's HOT! The white dinner jacket is perfect! Ms. Manners is WRONG if she ever said that! You dress for the weather in a place that has no seasons!

Edited by cb at sea

You know it is still a faux pas to wear white after Labor day.

Even in the tropics.

That's what I read in Miss Manners......

After 30+ years as a protocol officer, white dinner jackets are always appropriate in tropical areas, check the Red Book of Protocol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

White is appropriate year round in the tropics. Usually take both black and white when there are two formal nights.

Second formal night

First formal night

j

Most dinner jackets are more of an ivory. Hard to find white unless you are in the navy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I love a man in a white dinner jacket! Years ago, my now-ex and I did a Titanic dinner at one of our local hotels. I had him in a dinner jacket. Yum. He looked WAAAAY better in that jacket than a standard black tux.

2 weeks ago, we had a wedding at the hotel where the bride wore a gorgeous deep red mermaid-style dress and the groom had a white dinner jacket. A stunning couple!!! It was so beautiful to watch them getting the photos done with the turning autumn leaves on the mountain as the background.

After reading variations on this question for years here, I think I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like a white (cream) jacket on a man with a tuxedo? I agree they're perfectly appropriate in the Caribbean no matter when - I just don't like the look on men at all:rolleyes:

My husband has a white tux jacket. When he wears that with his black bow tie and dress pants, all I can say is ooooohhhh lah lah.....

Go for it...!

:D

My DH always wore his tuxedo trousers with his cream dinner jacket. He would also bring the black jacket to the tuxedo and wear that on other formal nights. Our cruises were often 14 days we there were two formal nights per week.

You know that the holiday called "Labor Day" doesn't even exist in the tropics?

You know Labor Day is an American holiday? The only places in the Caribbean that would possibly observe that American holiday would be Puerto Rico and/or USVI.

I believe Canada celebrates Labour Day?

As to 'faux pas' to wear white after Labor Day, that is not true. If one spends the day in a swimsuit, it is clearly summer weather. Summer weather calls for white if one chooses.

Edited by sail7seas