If you could cruise anywhere?

Cruiser Andi

Where would you go? Thought it would be fun to find out places others dream of traveling and why they want to go there. And if money was no object would it change where you wanted to go?

I'll start. I want to go to Europe. I've never been and there are so many fascinating places. I'd love to start in Norway with the fjords.

The Nile, but I'm too chicken to go to an unstable part of the world.

Galapagos, but it's a long and expensive trip to get there. I'd like to do that with a small study type of cruise.

Havana before Diamonds International, Del Sol, and Starbucks set up shop.

A cruise is definitely the way to see Norway and the fjords. I hope you get to do it.

Too many to choose but here is my short list:

1. the sail into Venice is heart stopping

2. Antarctica

3. the Nile, except for the pesky politicos

4. Moroccan ports

5. Greek islands

6. Galapagos

7. anywhere the ship wants to go outside of most of the Caribbean

8. no where - just cruise

Do like the Havana before the mega-stores show up suggestion!

We've been on cruises to East Med, West Med, Baltic, and a Viking Passage T-A that hit Norway, Iceland, Greenland fjords, etc. We've enjoyed them all, but the best overall IMO was the Baltic.

We'd like to cruise around Australia & New Zealand if getting there wasn't so arduous. :)

Edited by jtl513

I don't want to do the Galapagos, but DH does, so he will go with our adventurous DD, and I will go with her later on a Yangtze River cruise, as DH did that a few years age, when he was working in China.

Those are the only really exotic things left to do, but I really could return to the Mediterranean over and over. I never tire of it, either as a cruise or a land vacation.

I would like to sail again from Vancouver to New Zealand, but this time, continue from Auckland around NZ, on to Australia, and around Australia.

I don't want much!

Agree with those who would love to do Australia/New Zealand via ship. If we could work in some land time on the continent and do both ways on the sea, that would be perfect!

The Galapagos is on my list, with a side trip to Machu Picchu. We have yet to do the Baltic, and that is on our list as well. We've done some Mediterranean cruising, but the Greek islands are still on the "to do" list.

Baltic - I have always wanted to see St. Petersburg!!!

I also want to go back to Tahiti.

Lastly if I had the money I would cruise around the world.

The best part is since I live 2 hrs. from Ft Lauderdale NO flying to meet the ship.

After 60+ days in the Med over the last three years we're taking a break and going back to the Caribbean next year. The itinerary includes a hand full of small islands we've not been to so it's not totally a break from our desire to visit new and different places on every cruise. We'd still like to go to the Baltic, particularly Russia, and Egypt but we can't right now and I unfortunately don't see those situations getting better any time soon. That leaves the South Pacific or South America as probables for 2017.

So many places yet to see!

1. More Mediterranean

2. Circle all around England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales with lots of multi day stops to allow time to tour around

3. Same thing for Australia and New Zealand

4. And south and Central America with an end port in South America to be followed by a lengthy land tour

5. Long and lazy tour of the South Pacific islands

6. Sail around the Greek islands.

If money were no object I would buy and crew a yacht to do all these things.

1. British Isles + TA with stops in Iceland and Greenland

2. Black Sea (not right now)

3. Rhone & Soane river cruise

4. Japan -- love this country & have been on two land trips but want to see some different areas via cruise

5. SE Asia -- more time in Vietnam and Cambodia

I will always go back to the Mediterranean -- love when new itineraries are added; there are several places I still have not visited even with more than 50 ports logged!

Edited by cruisemom42

Baltic - I have always wanted to see St. Petersburg!!!

I also want to go back to Tahiti.

Lastly if I had the money I would cruise around the world.

The best part is since I live 2 hrs. from Ft Lauderdale NO flying to meet the ship.

Add us to the Baltic and Tahiti if long distance travel was possible.

Edited by qsuzi

The only places we haven't been is New Zealand, Australia and China. Unfortunately health issues prevents us from flying long distances.

We are very thankful that we have done the Nile, South America, Baltic, Alaska, Europe, etc.

That is a great list KK. We also cannot do the long distance flying but trying to find a way to do it such as one way transatlantic and then maybe London to New York first class and a few days later back to the West Coast. Maximum days for us would be 30 that puts a crimp in things too.

Late summer transatlantic to the Baltics, transfer to Amsterdam for river cruise to Istanbul, cruise from Istanbul through the Adriatic to Venice, transatlantic back to US. I don't know how many cruising years I have left, so I need to squeeze in as much as possible at one time!

My dream itinerary:

New Orleans

Key West

Port Canaveral

Charleston

New York

Bar Harbor

Saint John

Halifax (for an overnight)

Sydney

Charlottetown

Gaspe