So how nasty is that new free sparkling wine for Latitudes members?

It was pretty bad, donated mine to the Solo meet up's and had a single glass 1 night I had to drown quickly. Very dry and not sweet at all.

I was told though that you could take it to the dining room and exchange it for a different bottle of wine. Maybe the house wine which might be better but of course then you do have to pay the corkage fee of 15$ I think if you have them crack it open. Not sure if you can exchange and just walk away though.

It was pretty bad, donated mine to the Solo meet up's and had a single glass 1 night I had to drown quickly. Very dry and not sweet at all.

I was told though that you could take it to the dining room and exchange it for a different bottle of wine. Maybe the house wine which might be better but of course then you do have to pay the corkage fee of 15$ I think if you have them crack it open. Not sure if you can exchange and just walk away though.

Do you really have to pay a corkage fee on wine from NCL? I hope not, as I was hoping to exchange our sparkling wine for a bottle of white house wine.

Do you really have to pay a corkage fee on wine from NCL? I hope not, as I was hoping to exchange our sparkling wine for a bottle of white house wine.

No, you won't get charged corkage.

I guess the previous poster assumed so as the waiter would open the bottle at dinner, but that isn't what corkage is.

Whilst people have previously been able to exchange the sparkling wine when it was a perk for platinums, we will have to see whether that is still possible now that everyone why has cruised before gets a bottle.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are a bit stricter about it.

I intend on bringing mine to Harvest Caye - along with a big flask of OJ that I had obtained from the buffet that morning! hahaha!!!

I will buy some drinks and food there too no doubt - but am doing this as a protest (similar to people sneaking in their own sweets to the cinema :D)

I intend on bringing mine to Harvest Caye - along with a big flask of OJ that I had obtained from the buffet that morning! hahaha!!!

I will buy some drinks and food there too no doubt - but am doing this as a protest (similar to people sneaking in their own sweets to the cinema :D)

Mmmm, "Mimosas" on the beach for the morning.

If you are in a suite get your butler to exchange for you. Otherwise see the MDR Maitre d' or a Specialty Head Waiter and ask them. Usually no trouble.

I sail in a suite about once per year and my butlers always act like it's a huge deal to switch it out. They've usually done it but I was so sick of the drama that my last cruise on the Jewel I didn't even bother asking!

Knowing Norwegian, they wouldn't be doing this unless they got a good supply deal on some CHEAP wine.

Another one of your positive posts I see: wow!! as for the wine, you can always turn it in and get a bottle of red or white. We do it every cruise. I would not expect it to be top of the line, for heavens sake.

At some point, being a cruise "critic" crosses the line to petty harshness. That line has been crossed here. We don't drink this gift but I imagine several folks do and, like them, we appreciate the gesture.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Knowing Norwegian, they wouldn't be doing this unless they got a good supply deal on some CHEAP wine.

If you don't like it you have an easy solution. Throw it away and buy something else.

Problem solved.

We are now to the point we are speculating and complaining abut things that are given away. Must be a generational thing.

Herein lies part of the problem with things like free wine. (and this is not meant to pick on the quoted poster) This poster did not like it because "very dry and not sweet at all". I know a lot of people who prefer that type of sparkling wine, and will tell you that dry ones are much better than sweet ones.

There is nothing wrong with either, it is more the type you prefer. If you like dry wine it will be good, if you like sweet wines it will be bad. Unless NCL sends you to the wine shop and offers a variety I have no idea how you can ever fix this concern.