Condition of the Equinox

Cruisegoer

Overall, very good condition. Sure, if you look into every corner, you can find some worn spots but nothing glaring that would spoil your cruise.

The crew is constantly cleaning decks, painting and polishing, and keeping the ship beautiful.

We sailed on it in April.

The water was cold, it rained, the windows got dirty, the pool loungers got wet, the grass looked worn and got wet, seen some rusty areas, rails that needed varnish. I noticed that some of the staff had a few more wrinkles and were older than the last time we were on it. Someone spilled a drink and there was a stain on the carpet.

I guess if you really want to be picky you can find many things to complain about and I found that people who have some issue at the beginning of the cruise will continue to find everything wrong and complain about it. They will then make sure not to enjoy the rest of the cruise because of that first little problem instead of letting it go and forgetting about it.

We didn't find any problem with the ship and never thought about how old the ship was. We were having a great time and really didnt care if the grass was wet, it actually made catching worms easier for fishing from our balcony.

It amazes me with all the passengers and foot traffic how nice the carpets in the common areas look and how clean everything looks.

Did notice some cobwebs on the sign by Guest Relations that stated " the ship is sailing full and no upgrades available". 😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We were on the Equinox in May and the ship is as beautiful as it was in 2012 when we took our first cruise on Celebrity.

Small world. Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Equinox in 2012 and we did the May 5th cruise this year. As you said, the ship was in beautiful shape. I think I also see your name on our upcoming Reflection TA.

Neil

The water was cold, it rained, the windows got dirty, the pool loungers got wet, the grass looked worn and got wet, seen some rusty areas, rails that needed varnish. I noticed that some of the staff had a few more wrinkles and were older than the last time we were on it. Someone spilled a drink and there was a stain on the carpet.

I guess if you really want to be picky you can find many things to complain about and I found that people who have some issue at the beginning of the cruise will continue to find everything wrong and complain about it. They will then make sure not to enjoy the rest of the cruise because of that first little problem instead of letting it go and forgetting about it.

We didn't find any problem with the ship and never thought about how old the ship was. We were having a great time and really didnt care if the grass was wet, it actually made catching worms easier for fishing from our balcony.

It amazes me with all the passengers and foot traffic how nice the carpets in the common areas look and how clean everything looks.

Did notice some cobwebs on the sign by Guest Relations that stated " the ship is sailing full and no upgrades available".

Happy cruising

A great post...

Also, most people don't realize when a ship goes in for a "refurb", its primary purpose is to take care of mechanical maintenance that can't be done while in the water.

Just got off the Equinox last weekend. We loved the ship. The crew is always cleaning and making sure that she looks her best. My only problem was with the chairs on deck 5. They definitely need to have the cushions replaced- many with holes and very worn.

Cabin was in great shape as were all of the other public areas.

I'm on her in Dec, 2018, and I really hope they clean up where the passenger spilled her drink, or else it will ruin my cruise.LOL.

EXCUSE me, it was a him, not a her, that spilled their drink and didn't clean up after themself!! lol;p

Did notice some cobwebs on the sign by Guest Relations that stated " the ship is sailing full and no upgrades available". 😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

If only more had your attitude. Love to sail with you sometime. Oh wait, we are!

I'm on her in Dec, 2018, and I really hope they clean up where the passenger spilled her drink, or else it will ruin my cruise.LOL.

I'm sailing on Equinox on Dec. 2, 2017. I'll let you know about

the carpet.LOL

Jacki

We were onboard Equinox this past June, and she is in great condition! She does show a little more wear and tear than the Reflection, but that is expected due to the difference in age. She is a beautiful ship, and the crew takes very good care of her. They were always washing and cleaning throughout the week. Enjoy your trip! We are looking forward to being back onboard next June!

We will be on Equinox in Feb 2018. As long as the food is good, the bed comfortable, I dont have to make the bed, and the bar remains fully stocked, I could be in a dingy and still be happy.

I'm on the Equinox now. Overall the food is good but they slaughter chilled soups so I suggest don't even bother. Regarding the condition public areas are in VERY good shape. Our veranda stateroom on deck 9 does show wear. The curtains are slightly torn and there is a chip out of the bathroom sink counter and outside rust/paint chipped away on the balcony wall.

Regarding your post specifically I have not been comfortable in bed one night. Too short, pillows are terrible if you have a bad back and like elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious why it was a big deal to begin with?:)

A Hamburger for $10 and a hot dog for $5 was a big deal for folks who have already booked and expected those items to be included freshly cooked at the Mast Grille, not steamed at the buffet.

I communicated with "corporate" and I'm glad they listened to others who did the same. I may only have one burger on a 2 week cruise, but it was how they did it and the facts about the so called "Kobe beef". They responded that the folks on CC were only a small majority. Well we were small enough to get them to listen.