Identification Inside Luggage

Lizard755

I think the only essential is a phone number. The chances of anyone actually looking in there is very thin. And I'm reluctant to put my home address on a luggage tag or inside a suitcase along with an itinerary showing when I will be away. An office address might be better, if you really feel that you need one in there.

I never put my home address - kind of advertising the fact that you are gone. On the outside I have appropriate air line tags that they apply at the airport. I remove airline tags and put cruise tags on at the overnight hotel.

Inside of the bag I list my hotel, cruise line information with name of ship and my name and cell phone number. I tape this inside the suitcase either on the lid or divider.

I never put my home address - kind of advertising the fact that you are gone. .

Ditto - for the outbound journey at least. Just ship, port, cabin number or name.

We put in our home address & phone number for the homeward journey, though others may disagree - and it's just a matter of opinion.

JB :)

What information do you feel is necessary to put inside luggage? Name, address, phone number, cruise line, dates etc? How much is too much or too little information?

Just put some business cards in there and don't worry about it. If it gets lost to the point they have to get in it to locate the owner it will never catch you in a cruise, you just want it to get home.

Just put some business cards in there and don't worry about it. If it gets lost to the point they have to get in it to locate the owner it will never catch you in a cruise, you just want it to get home.

I think the problem with the business card idea is how small they are...I would rather not make someone rummage through my bag....So I use my printer and print out two sheets of paper with LARGE text...one with my outbound info I put when leaving and one with my return info I put in when heading home...I would rather my luggage ended up at home instead of my husband's company or a message left on his office phone....So far no one has had to use that info ;)

Edited by Ashland

NEVER, EVER put your home address or phone number anywhere on luggage! Use a cell phone, and WORK address! If someone wants to know if you're home, and they have your home address AND luggage...you are a target for a break-in! Use a work/business address! Someone is always there during business/delivery hours!

Edited by cb at sea

What you listed plus pre cruise hotel name address and phone #, stateroom #, email address & cell phone #s

Do the same.

I also try to book direct flights on the same carrier... that reduces the chance of loss and delays of luggage a lot.

What information do you feel is necessary to put inside luggage? Name, address, phone number, cruise line, dates etc? How much is too much or too little information?

I put my first and last name and the name and phone number of my TA .

This was suggested to me many years ago.

We flew to Venice in April, and the airline asked if we were going on a cruise, due to the amount of traffic they see for cruise lines in Venice. When we told them that we were, they marked our luggage " Do Not Remove - Cruise Line Passenger", this they said would ensure that our luggage would not be removed if the flight was overweight.

I might put my own label on the outside for my next cruise.

We usually drive to the port, so no issues with flights.

Inside the suitcase I put a spare copy of the luggage tags that you print off at home. It has everything they need if the one on the outside gets ripped off.

All I put is my mobile phone number, my ship, and cabin number and date of cruise, I also take a photo of it on each memory card.

We usually drive to the port, so no issues with flights.

Inside the suitcase I put a spare copy of the luggage tags that you print off at home. It has everything they need if the one on the outside gets ripped off.

But you can always get one at check in anyway.

Do not put anything on the inside sheet or on your luggage tag that provides any home identification. Besides the cruise information, all I put is my e-mail address and my name. I do not even put my phone number.

DON

Do not put anything on the inside sheet or on your luggage tag that provides any home identification. Besides the cruise information, all I put is my e-mail address and my name. I do not even put my phone number.

DON

I put my phone number, because it's linked to my work address not my home address.

NEVER, EVER put your home address or phone number anywhere on luggage! Use a cell phone, and WORK address! If someone wants to know if you're home, and they have your home address AND luggage...you are a target for a break-in! Use a work/business address! Someone is always there during business/delivery hours!

...and if you're retired, then what? one more time:rolleyes: