Has anyone had noise problems from an adjoining cabin?

Trying to figure out if I am taking a big risk by booking a cabin with an adjoining room.

LJC

No one can determine the risk factor's on each sailing.

Everyone will have their own opinions and experiences.

Am I willing to take that risk....No.

I've never had a 'problem' with noise from an adjoining cabin, but I've certainly heard the TV and sounds of talking more clearly than a non-adjoining cabin. I've also heard noises when in a non-adjoining cabin of the older ships....Majesty comes to mind. Think...honeymoon couple....:p:rolleyes:....glad I never locked eyes with the couple, LOL I did see lots of food trays outside their cabin though.

I've never heard a sound from non-adjoining cabins of the newer ships.

If I had a choice, I would not book an adjoining cabin again. You can hear TV noise and conversations through the adjoining door.

We had this experience in a promenade cabin on Adventure, and have generally tried to avoid cabins with connecting doors since then. It likely has much to do with the people next door, though, how noisy they are, and how sensitive to noise you are.

We had adjoining Junior Suite on Oasis with no noise from the neighbours.

On its sister allure we had adjoining ocean balcony cabin. No noise from the people, but we did wake up every morning at 7 when their phone rang for incoming breakfast service. The adjoining door was on different position, so that might be the reason. Oasis JS adjoining door was near the balcony, Allure adjoining door just opposite to the bathroom door.

We didn't BUT our daughters did!

Their dad kept them awake snoring!

After that, we got them a cabin across the hall. :D

(At home their bedrooms were on a different level and at the other end of the house.)

LuLu

I had a balcony cabin that connected to a grand suite and could hear conversations when people were sitting on their sofa but nothing else. It was not enough to be bothered by but our cabin only had a small chair and not the usual sofa. That was a problem. We also had a grand suite that connected to a balcony cabin and nothing was heard and no furniture was affected.

I would avoid it more because of the furniture than the noise.

We didn't BUT our daughters did!

Their dad kept them awake snoring!

After that, we got them a cabin across the hall. :D

(At home their bedrooms were on a different level and at the other end of the house.)

LuLu

This made me chuckle. My girls are worried about our adjoining cabins on explorer in a couple of weeks for the exact same reason. They will be after my ear plugs!

I travel for a living. Some tricks. Ask the room steward to hang a bed spread over the adjoining door from floor to ceiling. For noise or light intrusion at the main door, I put cushions, towels or pillows. Even the little throw they put on beds helps. I use the pants hangers with clips to keep the curtains tightly shut.

If the room has a motion sensor thermostat, I put TP streamers in the AC vent to create motion. There is also a VIP mode override on many thermostats. Just google the model number. White noise apps help too.

Good luck to us all.

Its a roll of the dice like everything else on a ship. There can be just as much noise, if not more, from the halls, or if you are across the hall from storage rooms usedby room attendants, or if you have party people next to your balconey. It is no different than hotel rooms, in fact is better than most. If you are that sensitive bring earpkugs. If it is really extraordinarily loud call guest services or security. Just don't let something like that ruin your trip. You will never have total quiet unless you book the whole ship for yourself......oh wait there will still be noise in the hall.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

We had an adjoining balcony cabin on NAV and we could hear everything...next two us was a family of 3 - they played music, talked, and had to deal with an 8 year old boy and we heard it all. On one hand it was annoying, but on the other hand we were glad that they were a loud family as our family of 4 had plenty of our own moments with our 4 and 8 year olds that we figured they would at least understand. We assumed based on how clearly we could hear everything they said that they could hear everything we said and told the kids that too.