Finally the end of the BOGOHO promotion

I had a little bird tell me that the BOGO promo finally ends on 05-31-15. It will be replaced with the 30-30-30.

1. 30% off the first passenger

2. 30% off the second passenger

3. She would not tell me what the final 30 was for.

Anybody else have any insight. I apologize if this has already been posted.

I had a little bird tell me that the BOGO promo finally ends on 05-31-15. It will be replaced with the 30-30-30.

Thirty birdies whispering in your ear. ;)

According to the blog:

"Starting June 1, Royal Caribbean will begin a new cruise promotion called '30 for 30', where guests can book a cruise and save up to 30% off standard cruise fare for 1st and 2nd guests.

Qualifying sailings will save guests a set percentage based on their stateroom category.

Interior: 10% off

Oceanview: 20% off

Balcony & Suite: 30% off

Offer applies to all sailings on or after August 1, 2015. Excluding China sailings, as well as Anthem of the Seas sailings departing before April 29, 2016.

The 30 for 30 sale ends June 30 and bookings must be made between June 1 and June 30, 2015.

Offer is combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers. Offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military) or any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Shareholder Benefits.

It will be interesting to see what the standard rates look like since the BOGO rates have kept the first guest's rate artificially inflated to cover the half off the second guest.

And, (gasp!), would it be too much to hope that people might be able to actually redeem their BoA Royal Rewards at full value toward free or companion cruises??!! Although, like 3CatsinMA posted, the rates will probably go up 30% before the 30% discount.

Counting down to June 1st. Hoping it's not another big disappointment.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

This will be interesting. I have two cruises (JS) I booked over a year ago. To meet the booked rates for these cruises, RCL would need a 50 -50 to meet those rates due to the large increases & current rates, but I have another JS booked on a cruise in 17 months that hasn't had a rate increase yet. I'm thinking that one will either jump signicantly on/before June 1st or we're going to get a helluva good price for a 7 day JS.

I'll be closely watching.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

According to the blog:

And, (gasp!), would it be too much to hope that people might be able to actually redeem their BoA Royal Rewards at full value toward free or companion cruises??!! Although, like 3CatsinMA posted, the rates will probably go up 30% before the 30% discount.

Counting down to June 1st. Hoping it's not another big disappointment.

~ Judy

I'm interested in finding this out as well. Funny how the terms got changed during BOGOHO to exclude them, so it would not surprise me to find out that it will exclude 30/30 as well.

It might work if you try to redeem on June 1 before they have a chance to change the terms:rolleyes:

All smoke and mirrors of course..

Although, this on the surface would seem MUCH worse than the BOGO they have had in the past.

At least with the previous ones, it wasn't based on the type of room you booked, it was bOGO 50% off.

Now, you could end up with 20% off for the same booking, instead of 50% based on the same cruise and options it sounds like....

But it really doesn't matter, as prices are not set, so they can raise and drop them anytime to make it seem like it is a sale or deal, when 99% of the time its not with RCI.

We had a furniture store that had this kind of sale. 20% off of 2X MSRP. They went under.:rolleyes:

I crunched numbers most of last week trying to justify booking with RCCL. Couldn't do it.

I am hearing that all passengers will be required to work 30 hours per week in either house keeping or dining services to be able to afford going on a RCCL cruise. No word on if we get to keep part of the tips yet. :cool:

Edited by WhenIsLobsterNight

Whatever. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If it's a better price, great. Book it.

If it's the same price, who cares? If you want to go , book it.

If it's a higher price, well, you missed out on the lower price because you didn't book earlier. Sorry. Book it or not. It's up to you.

That advice stands whether there are promotions, sales or not. Just book at a total price you are happy with, keep an eye open until final payment for any price drops, and then stop looking (unless you are holding out for a minimal cost upgrade).

I am considering doing a courtesy hold on a cruise under my name only on the evening of May 31, then checking on June 1 under his name to see which is the better deal. Does anybody see any issues with this?

Excellent strategy!

In theory, if (and this is a big if) RCCL maintains the same base prices, this promo will be better for balconies... e.g.

$2000 base rate for a balcony for two under BOGO - $2000 + $1000 = $3000

$2000 base rate under 30/30 - $1400 + $1400 = $2800

Of course, the math would be significantly different for an inside or outside

Excellent strategy!

In theory, if (and this is a big if) RCCL maintains the same base prices, this promo will be better for balconies... e.g.

$2000 base rate for a balcony for two under BOGO - $2000 + $1000 = $3000

$2000 base rate under 30/30 - $1400 + $1400 = $2800

Of course, the math would be significantly different for an inside or outside

That's what I was thinking as well. Seems like it could (operative word here) be a little better balcony pricing assuming the prices stay the same but not so much on lesser categories unless they lower prices since you can already get 25% off them using BOGOHO.

I did the match on a couple of our bookings using what our base fares are (balcony cabins) not including BOGOHO and if they stay the same we would save around $50 total on each booking. They are also giving that up to $200 promo that I assume will be gone next week.

Edited by molly361

I am hearing that all passengers will be required to work 30 hours per week in either house keeping or dining services to be able to afford going on a RCCL cruise. No word on if we get to keep part of the tips yet. :cool:

I am laughing so hard! :p

Whatever. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If it's a better price, great. Book it.

If it's the same price, who cares? If you want to go , book it.

If it's a higher price, well, you missed out on the lower price because you didn't book earlier. Sorry. Book it or not. It's up to you.

That advice stands whether there are promotions, sales or not. Just book at a total price you are happy with, keep an eye open until final payment for any price drops, and then stop looking (unless you are holding out for a minimal cost upgrade).

I pretty much agree with this completely. How you arrive at the bottom line price is really not important, it is just marketing. IE BS.

Sometimes the promotions are are a good deal, and most times it is just another way to arrive at the same final price.

I think way too many people are looking for a steal, and if they don't get it they feel cheated. That is wierd to me. There are some facts about cruise pricing. Popular ships are going to cost more than older ships with less things to do. Summer, Christmas, Spring Break, will always cost more than hurricane season. Alaska is cheaper in May than July August. ETC. ETC.

Don't stress over the small stuff and BOGO and 30/30 don't even qualify as small stuff.:D

jc

I am considering doing a courtesy hold on a cruise under my name only on the evening of May 31, then checking on June 1 under his name to see which is the better deal. Does anybody see any issues with this?

We have done that in the past....you don't have to put the hold in a different name. It won't matter. We did it the last time and with the new pricing saved an additional $100....not much, but it is OUR money and we got an OBC with it of $100- so overall $200 better for us.

Nothing to lose for the effort.

My thoughts exactly

All smoke and mirrors of course..

That probably sums it up. Another "sale" while prices are likely jacked up to cover it. It's really become a joke with RCCL:rolleyes: Get lucky and check in at the right time you might get a great price, otherwise your "sale price" will likely be no bargain at all......