What is the best cocktail to order

Bootstrap77

Well I just rediscovered a classic cocktail this fall.:)

Order a Sidecar! Cognac, orange liquour, lemon juice. Shake, pour in a sugared rim martini glass... enjoy.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

Try a vodka tonic...refreshing....rum and coke is pretty "heavy", and really sweet....I can't drink many 'sweet' drinks...and I don't "mix" my drinks....I stick with one thing...and no hangovers!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Any suggestions on what to order for a drink? I usually just end up ordering a rye or rum and Coke but want to shake things up :) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guess it all depends on if you want to walk to the cabin or~~~~~~:eek:

French 75. I found most bartenders don't know it. Same parts Champagne and vodka, add lemon juice and simple syrup. The classic way is to use gin instead of vodka, but I'm not a big gin fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ask the bartender for a drinks list and see what might tempt. Or ask what are popular drinks. I'd try a Mai Tai, a Pina Colada, a Margarita for more tropical drinks. Or a decent vodka martini. Or if you like a hint of licorice and they now how to do it, a corpse reviver 2 is a fascinating drink. Point is, try a lot. And keep in mind, if a drink doesn't work somewhere, it may work better somewhere else. For example, hurricanes vary from great to very very bad in New Orleans. Me, I don't like whiskey/Bourbon drinks. You decide what elements you like, then triangulate into some goodness.

French 75. I found most bartenders don't know it. Same parts Champagne and vodka, add lemon juice and simple syrup. The classic way is to use gin instead of vodka, but I'm not a big gin fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, there are two "classic" versions: gin or cognac.

If you don't have a bev pkg, the Rendevous(?) lounge usually has a 'half price' period late afternoon (check DB or ask at bar) so you can 'experiment' at lower cost. Try "Loss of Words" cocktail on their drink menu - tell them if you lean towards sweet vs. tart for how they mix. One drink that's usually $10 on menu that I don't recommend is "something-Greyhound" HAPPY CRUISING

I have 3 "go-to" drinks.

In the afternoon on a beach or by the pool it's a Mojito.

In the evening it depends on my mood, either a Tanqueray and Tonic or a Manhattan on the Rocks.

However, I will try a "drink of the day" if one looks interesting.

I have 3 "go-to" drinks.

In the afternoon on a beach or by the pool it's a Mojito.

In the evening it depends on my mood, either a Tanqueray and Tonic or a Manhattan on the Rocks.

However, I will try a "drink of the day" if one looks interesting.

I also love to try the drink of the day if it isn't too sweet!

Creme Brûlée martini at the Martini Bar. It's off-menu and not all bartenders make it. I believe it's vanilla vodka, Frangelico, pineapple juice and a pinch of lime juice and then the rest vanilla ice cream mix. Mmmmmm.

I also love the Luminae cocktail which is peach and vodka.

I have a couple go-to cocktails depending on where I am.

Lounging By the Pool

Mojito (a classic)

Caparinha (national drink of Brazil. Muddled lime and sugar with cachaca, the Brazilian equivalent of rum)

Margarita

Dark and stormy

Planters punch

Anything sweet and fruity

Before Dinner

Gin gimlet (my favorite summer cocktail. Best with Bluecoat gin but Celebrity doesn't carry it)

Classic martini (gin of course, a dash of orange bitters if available, and fairly heavy on the vermouth)

Manhattan straight up (Bulleit bourbon if available, and Makers Mark otherwise. Extra Angostura bitters)

Kir royale (champagne and creme de cassis. Very out of fashion and I don't know why)

After Dinner

Brandy Alexander (brandy, creme de cacao, and heavy cream. Basically an alcoholic milk shake)

Nutty Alexander (same as above but Franelico instead of brandy)

Scotch neat to which I add two drops (and I mean drops) of water

When considering what cocktail to get go for what you like but don't be afraid to try new things. While I admit to being a snob who insists that if you make a martini with vodka instead of gin that it's not a martini, if that's the drink you like then you should enjoy it (I'm just not a fan of vodka). Find the flavors you like and don't be afraid to experiment. One of the benefits of being on the beverage package is the opportunity to try things one wouldn't otherwise order. Cocktails are delicious and make you feel good. The right cocktail is the one that you enjoy.

These are all great suggestions. Personally, I like a Dirty Martini before dinner. With gin, of course, and the dirtier the better. But if you don't like savory, then that may not be the cocktail for you. For during the day, beach or pool, I like Mojitos or Daiquiris. Never been a fan of tequila, but I want to try Margaritas. A nice cold beer is always good too, but that's not exactly a cocktail, lol. After dinner, another martini or even a glass of bourbon with an ice cube. Trying to get into Scotch....we'll see how that goes.

Creme Brûlée martini at the Martini Bar. It's off-menu and not all bartenders make it. I believe it's vanilla vodka, Frangelico, pineapple juice and a pinch of lime juice and then the rest vanilla ice cream mix. Mmmmmm.

I also love the Luminae cocktail which is peach and vodka.

I generally dislike mixed drinks, but this one really sounds like one I have to try next week.