MDR/Windjammer

They might have some of the same stuff...but the MDR is better and has more selections.

Actually, quite the opposite. The WJ has more selections. Some of the same offerings as the MDR but a lot more.

Before going to the MDR I always take a look at theme us hours before my dinning time that way if they have for example lasagna at the MDR but I see lasagna at the WJ I know it will be the same, so I just serve a small portion to taste and then I ask for something else at the MDR

They might have some of the same stuff...but the MDR is better and has more selections.

No. By your own admission you do not eat in the Windjammer. It has many many MORE selections than the MDR. And whether it is better is personal choice.

OP createcolorfun, the WJ at dinner is a wonderful experience. We eat there now instead of in the dining room. The choices are amazing (with some of the same items, yes), the ambiance is usually quieter and very pleasant (this can vary by ship), and overall, we really enjoy the experience.

I've been on 7 cruises and have always ate in the MDR for dinner. Does the Windjammer have the same menu on the same days as the MDR?

I've noticed more and more posters stating a preference for the Windjammer over the MDR for a variety of reasons. Suggest you try it. You may be surprised. We find it quieter and less pretentious than the MDR.

The Windjammer for dinner is much different than breakfast and lunch. They have some of the same items as the MDR and a bunch of other choices. The lighting is low, there are servers for your drinks, and silverware is placed on tables. A relaxing dinner an be had at the buffet.

Happy Sailing

We rarely go to WJ for dinner, the few times we have tried it, the food did not impress us and I did not think there were as many entrée choices as MDR. But we both prefer WJ over the MDR for breakfast!:D

Sherri:)

Do they ever have the cold fruit soups in the Windjammer? I absolutely fell in love with those on the Radiance this year.

I dislike using the word "always" in conjunction with ANYTHING Royal Caribbean, but they "always" have the night's soups (those on the MDR menu) in the Windjammer, too. I would say that sometimes there are MORE soups in the WJ.

(I no longer eat the cold soups. I saw the recipes in the cookbooks. :eek: "Take 9 millions cups of sugar...............")

Oh my gosh, they have them in huge pots!!! My family loves the strawberry one. :D

I dislike using the word "always" in conjunction with ANYTHING Royal Caribbean, but they "always" have the night's soups (those on the MDR menu) in the Windjammer, too. I would say that sometimes there are MORE soups in the WJ.

(I no longer eat the cold soups. I saw the recipes in the cookbooks. :eek: "Take 9 millions cups of sugar...............")

Awesome!! The only one I didn't eat was the melon one because any melon and I don't get along (it's not an allergy, it's a taste thing). Since I know they'll be there I may well check out the Windjammer a night or two (or more) in July.

As for the sugars, well... My basic life philosophy is "the leading cause of death is life" along with a healthy dash of YOLO. Plus since I don't spring for a drink package, I'm not drinking sodas so it balances out.

Do suites have their own area in WJ for dinner? We will probably eat there if we do not get a table for 2 in MDR

I think there is a room for gold card holders at least I saw the sign in the entrance but I don't k ow details about it, I think it was the Italian restaurant inside the MDR that's is also used for gold sea-pass holder

Do suites have their own area in WJ for dinner? We will probably eat there if we do not get a table for 2 in MDR

No, but it is never crowded at night.

The chances of you NOT getting a two-top in the MDR are small. There are lots of them on the Independence, and being in a suite will help ensure that.

Why would you need your own area?:confused:

I am sure that he is just looking for an uncrowded experience.

I hope that I have reassured him that the Windjammer has plenty of room during dinner time.

It would be lovely not to question other people's motives for asking questions.

Answer if you can; pass it by if you cannot.

:)

We ate in windjammer on anthem this year a few times for dinner. Great choices and for the most part food was very good. Also in contrast to breakfast and lunch dinner was quite quiet in windjammer - they even closed off the back part of it and there were still loads of tables.