new format

Pickels

This new format is Awful.

Will not be using it for long.

Less time on cruise critic for me.

Same here. I have been coming here every day to enjoy reading what people have to say. If I am forced to tolerate the awful new format, I will only come here when I need something specific. No more browsing for the fun of it.

Please offer constructive feedback. Saying "it's awful" or whatever isn't specific enough. The forum manager has posted in dozens of threads that they're listening to feedback and making tweaks. I've noticed several things that have changed since mine first switched over last week. But, you have to tell them exactly what doesn't work for you.

Ads between posts, ugh!

Too much white space

Hard to read.

In short, nothing good about it

+1

Add to these points the HUGE advertising band at the bottom of my phone screen & the super big profile band of the poster at the top of each post. Can't type anymore as the advertising has blocked my view! Hate it, sorry CC.

Why did it have to be changed.?

..it seems to have poor spacing...distracting color. The reg format is perfect..and glad I was able to switch back.

Agree I will participate much less if forced onto the new.....other than my roll calls .

I agree that I do not like this new format either. There is way too much white space, and it just looks so boring now. I hate that you need to expand to see people's signatures and much preferred the old format where I could see the full signature (and for people who don't like the signatures, there was an option to hide it).

I also don't like that there seems to be less of the post shown on the screen, like the text box used to extend all the way to the left side of the screen, and further to the right side than it currently does. This means I need to scroll down more often, which is annoying.

What makes me the most upset is that for about a week, there was an option in the settings to use the old format if we wanted to, and this afternoon, that option disappeared and it is now grayed out so we are forced to view the new format, like it or not! Why can't they go back to giving us the option for the old format if we so desired??

The excessive white space is very hard on the eyes. Links don't seem to work. I don't like not seeing the whole signature without clicking and waiting. There is an excessive amount of advertising. Please at least bring back the old coloring, much easier on the eyes. I also miss seeing the join dates and country or city, state and number of post information right there without having to hunt!

I didn't know what everyone was talking about. Mine changed over tonight and it's a really bad "improvement." Much harder to read (on the eyes) and scrolling through the posts takes longer. Also, you were able to see more topics. It looks like it's under a magnifying glass or something. When an improvement is not an improvement at all...THIS.

Ok...the font is too small....the colors are too light......everything seems to blend in together...one thread to the next....

I have trouble on a lot of sites with the contrast levels. I installed a Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" and it works really well. All the text is dark black now so I can actually read it.

You can increase the text size by holding down CTRL and then tapping the + key on the 10-key keyboard. Just do it once and let the browser resize everything (if you tap it multiple times in frustration it will get way too big!) To make it smaller again hold CTRL and tap the - key.

I have trouble on a lot of sites with the contrast levels. I installed a Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" and it works really well. All the text is dark black now so I can actually read it.

You can increase the text size by holding down CTRL and then tapping the + key on the 10-key keyboard. Just do it once and let the browser resize everything (if you tap it multiple times in frustration it will get way too big!) To make it smaller again hold CTRL and tap the - key.

How do you do that on a tablet? And why should we have to do that on this "new and improved " format? It was just a quick double tap with the old one.