I think it's hilarious that. .....

Pier290

So many people complaining there reviews about the outdoor pools being so super loud and noisy......

Hmmmmm......it's a huge, overcrowded outdoor space, with loud music, pools, hot tubs, KIDS, competitions and people consuming alcohol.......

It's not meant to be quiet....it's so funny to me how many people complain about it !

Cruise pools are the funnest spot on the ship! ! [emoji484] [emoji481] [emoji106] [emoji483] [emoji305] [emoji41]

If they want silence they should try the library or stay in the cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I understand your point about the pool deck being a focal point for activity. Regardless, there have been times that the music played through the PA system has been so loud that it literally hurt my ears.

It's one thing to have music and activity. It's another thing entirely to blast people out of their lounges. (Particularly when they're trying to get over the effects of yesterday's consumption of alcohol around the pool! :rolleyes:)

I understand your point about the pool deck being a focal point for activity. Regardless, there have been times that the music played through the PA system has been so loud that it literally hurt my ears.

It's one thing to have music and activity. It's another thing entirely to blast people out of their lounges. (Particularly when they're trying to get over the effects of yesterday's consumption of alcohol around the pool! :rolleyes:)

That's what Bloody Marys are for! Haaaaa! !

We were on Reflection from Jan 28 to Feb 11. The only music that could be classed as too loud was the DJ and he seemed to want to jack it up so people could not talk above him or his music. I really think it was just him as all other groups and bands were at very tolerable listening levels. A lot of what the DJ played was "techno" music and you either like it or you don't. Personally, not a fan. And when it is really loud it's noticeable and annoying. If this is what the original OP was referring to then he/she had a good point.

Can you think of 1 single thing people don't complain about ? I can't.

Nope. :rolleyes:

All I know is that my complaints are completely valid criticisms based on rational expectations and objective common sense. I have my doubts on the opinions of others. :D:p:cool:

Overcrowded and noisy pool deck is one reason I do not want to cruise on a 'mega-ship'. When I first cruised, the pool deck was not so overcrowded and noisy, often quite pleasant. But over the years more and more decks of cabins have been added beneath that deck - where else is there for the passengers to go when they want to get out and about outside? The top deck, Lido deck, whatever it happens to be called is often still the same size as it was on ships 20 years ago but with maybe 3 or 4 whole extra decks of cabins beneath it. Duh :rolleyes:

Ive been on Constellation, Equinox and Summit in the last year... Im 60 years old and none of the music was too loud.

That has been my only complaint with Celebrity not enough music by the pool. I agree with previous poster if you want quite, theres always the library or your room or some other quite place..

Id like to see Celebrity step it up with more music.

Just my two cents..

So many people complaining there reviews about the outdoor pools being so super loud and noisy......

Hmmmmm......it's a huge, overcrowded outdoor space, with loud music, pools, hot tubs, KIDS, competitions and people consuming alcohol.......

It's not meant to be quiet....it's so funny to me how many people complain about it !

Cruise pools are the funnest spot on the ship! ! [emoji484] [emoji481] [emoji106] [emoji483] [emoji305] [emoji41]

Yea, I've said the same thing in pretty much every thread where people complain about noise by the pool. It's too bad there are no quiet places on the ship.....NOT. the solarium is 30 yards forward of the outdoor pool if peace and quiet is your thing. I want music, pool volleyball, and a fufu drink or a beer or 3. Also, dear Celebrity, please stop putting the string quartet to play on the pool deck (or some other musical act better suited to a funeral).

A lot of what the DJ played was "techno" music and you either like it or you don't. Personally, not a fan.

Techno just doesn't feel right for sun-drenched, frozen concoction poolside bliss: seems more fitting as a late night vibe. It's just one 4 hour long song, anyway, right? :) I kid with love - no insult to techno fans. (But really where does one song end and the next begin?)

Give me steel drums, reggae, R&B, contemporary urban, '50s-'90s oldies, top 40: love it all. Anything but techno! But in fairness, variety is best. I think it's great when DJs mix it up and everyone gets to hear their music of choice at some point.

Except sadly for my beloved country - which gets no love on any sailing ever. No live band or DJ ever seems willing to throw in an occasional Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert, Zak Brown, Chesney, Fla GA line, or other current C&W tune.

That's where some downloaded tunes, a pair of earphones and a private balcony come in handy!:D

Used to be much more fun at the outdoor pool...calm and relaxing in the am...time to read , swim & enjoy the bloody mary or mimosa.. Progressing to Jimmy Buffet style fun in the sun with a live guitarist, and then reggae party dance time..where everyone has a great time.

Now mostly very loud pre recorded techno loop, rap style awful music and loud pool games...all starting quite early on...more drunkies than ever ! Does not equate with modern luxury..more like booze cruise, belly flop and hairy leg cruising...

To be fair, it was greatly improved on our last cruise...live music and a DJ that made sense..great playlists..something all could enjoy..

Great posting flfun888,

Love it yes I totally agree. Its like the same old same old music. Would be great if DJ mixed it up.

You are not going to please everyone no matter what you play.. but yes steel drums and reggae by the pool would be a plus. Its not like you are heading to Alaska.

Warm Caribbean sun deserves warm caribbean music..

Nice posting..

Can you think of 1 single thing people don't complain about ? I can't.

So true, but isn't this thread just a complaint about people complaining about the pool noise?

And yea, we get a balcony, no desire to sit around the pool. I have a pool and live in S Florida so that's not the scene I need :)

True, it's loud & noisy. You'll find that on any mass market cruise ship. For us, we love doing the Solarium. It's quiet, the pool is nice & all those "complainers" just seem to not know where it is. LOL!

Edited by keithm
punctuation

True, it's loud & noisy. You'll find that on any mass market cruise ship. For us, we love doing the Solarium. It's quiet, the pool is nice & all those "complainers" just seem to not know where it is. LOL!

Cruise lines are happy take anyone's money, so in that sense every cruise is mass-market. [emoji57]

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of what the DJ played was "techno" music and you either like it or you don't. Personally, not a fan.

Techno just doesn't feel right for sun-drenched, frozen concoction poolside bliss: seems more fitting as a late night vibe. It's just one 4 hour long song, anyway, right? :) I kid with love - no insult to techno fans. (But really where does one song end and the next begin?)

Give me steel drums, reggae, R&B, contemporary urban, '50s-'90s oldies, top 40: love it all. Anything but techno! But in fairness, variety is best. I think it's great when DJs mix it up and everyone gets to hear their music of choice at some point.

Except sadly for my beloved country - which gets no love on any sailing ever. No live band or DJ ever seems willing to throw in an occasional Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert, Zak Brown, Chesney, Fla GA line, or other current C&W tune.

That's where some downloaded tunes, a pair of earphones and a private balcony come in handy!:D

Wow....those are my thoughts exactly......a variety is best, more country would be appreciated ( Keith Urban, Corb Lund, Matt Anderson to add to your list)

If I don't feel like loud music, I won't hang out by the pool. There's lots of comfortable indoor and outdoor options with a variety of noise levels. I keep walking until I find something I like. Plus it's good to get up and move....gotta wear off those calories somehow. If all else fails, my own music will keep me entertained.

Wow....those are my thoughts exactly......a variety is best, more country would be appreciated ( Keith Urban, Corb Lund, Matt Anderson to add to your list)

If I don't feel like loud music, I won't hang out by the pool. There's lots of comfortable indoor and outdoor options with a variety of noise levels. I keep walking until I find something I like. Plus it's good to get up and move....gotta wear off those calories somehow. If all else fails, my own music will keep me entertained.

We aren't really fans of Country music, but it does seem fair to play a variety to please everyone. Country is not our first choice, but I personally would prefer a little Country music to constant loud Hip Hop tunes. DJ's probably stick to what they think constitutes "party" music. There is such thing as Country dance music, you would think they might play some of that or just straight up country tunes for a while though. I agree Country has been the least represented music genre on any cruise I've been on.

Edited by galensgrl
typo

Most country music gives my uncontrollable twitches:eek:. However if you are into that sorta thing try a sailing out of Texas. We sailed from Galveston and it was heavy on the country music.

I've been on 5 X cruises over the last 4 years and I've never heard anything remotely resembling Techno at the pool. I've heard it in Quasar and all it usually does is empty the dance floor. No idea why they bother playing that on Celebrity. The music that most of the people in the clubs seem to like is 70's disco to 90s pop and some or the really popular modern stuff or the modern Latin style seems to keep em dancing.

Edited by TFLG

• 2 weeks later...
Overcrowded and noisy pool deck is one reason I do not want to cruise on a 'mega-ship'. When I first cruised, the pool deck was not so overcrowded and noisy, often quite pleasant. But over the years more and more decks of cabins have been added beneath that deck - where else is there for the passengers to go when they want to get out and about outside? The top deck, Lido deck, whatever it happens to be called is often still the same size as it was on ships 20 years ago but with maybe 3 or 4 whole extra decks of cabins beneath it. Duh :rolleyes:

There is some truth to what you say, but a comparison of the Solstice to the Millennium reveals that the effect you are describing is not all that dramatic.

Passenger capacity of S 33% greater than M

Tonnage of S 34% greater than M

Publicly accessible decks of S 8% greater than M (13 vs 12)

Using the product of the ship's length and beam as a rough indicator of deck area, S is 23% greater than M

Using the ratio of passenger capacity to the rough indicator of deck area, S has 8% greater passengers per area than M

So yes, the Solstice has more people per square foot than the Millennium; but an 8% increase is not that dramatic.

Using the same comparison with the old Galaxy (now Mein Schiff 1) the Solstice has a 9.6% higher passenger density than the Galaxy. Still not overly dramatic.