Which boat has the best rating on here

dulcemariamar

Regardless of how ships are rated and by who...the only thing you should be concerned about is your preferences when it comes to booking a cruise...which you can easily narrow down....then they'll be many on these boards that will give you their opinion on your choices...you then take it from there...after all it's "your" cruise.

There are so many cruise ships your question is impossible to answer. What is my favorite ship means nothing in terms of what would be someone else's. I don't think many of us would even say which is the best cruise line let alone ship.

Let us know what one(s) you like the best.

The original question is "Which boat has the best rating on here". According to caribsun's link, the Pacific Princess has the best overall rating on Cruise Critic with a score of 4.8. Three ships follow at 4.7: Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Nieuw Amsterdam.

the original question is "which boat has the best rating on here". According to caribsun's link, the pacific princess has the best overall rating on cruise critic with a score of 4.8. Three ships follow at 4.7: Disney dream, disney fantasy, and nieuw amsterdam.

cudos to you ! You answered the op ? Unlike the other lame responses seen !

The original question is "Which boat has the best rating on here". According to caribsun's link, the Pacific Princess has the best overall rating on Cruise Critic with a score of 4.8. Three ships follow at 4.7: Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Nieuw Amsterdam.

cudos to you ! You answered the op ? Unlike the other lame responses seen !

Whogo's response validates the responses some of the others of us gave.

I have sailed all HAL's fleet except for Prinsendam and Nieuw Amsterdam is down at mid or lower on my list. I would never have listed Nieuw Amsterdam as one of top three for HAL let alone for all cruise lines ...... which is exactly the point of posts in this thread saying it is an unanswerable question.

I would be curious as to the process that determines Pacific Princess is the "best". Not to knock Princess or Pacific Princess, but why wouldn't a super luxury line like Seabourne or SilverSea be the "best". Too few cruisers of those lines doing reviews? Some other statistical weighting issue?

Agree is it a ship. Never heard of anyone going on a "cruise boat". We have been on 18 "cruise ships".

Edited by CruiserBruce

I would be curious as to the process that determines Pacific Princess is the "best".

I am guessing that the 4.8 rating for Pacific Princess is a weighted average of overall ratings given for the ship by Cruise Critic reviewers over some time period. 5 points for excellent, 4 points for very good, etc.

Having only sailed Disney, Cunard and RCI cruise lines my favorite to this point in time isssssssssssssssssss:

Allure of the Seas.

Newer,

Beautiful

Clean

Spacious

Friendly staff

Food on the whole kinda sorta good.

Safe travels.

Which boat from the major cruise line companys has the highest approval rating on the board?

Whogo answered your question properly. Over the past couple years, it seems like RCI Oasis Class, Disney Dream Class and Celebrity Solstice Class have consistently topped the Cruise Critic ratings for large ships.

And don't worry about saying boat. All ships are boats, but not all boats are ships. ;)

Your question is totally unanswerable because everyone's parameters to define "best" are different. Would you go on a car site and ask what the "best" car is. I doubt it.

You need to do some research to try to find out what cruise line is best for you. Then come back with specific questions on that line and then we can then help you.

We can't do the research for you.

DON

I always think of these ratings in categories; Budget,mainstream, premium and luxury. You cannot compare a ships cabin at $110 per day to a luxury one at say $500. Also,when checking out these ratings, look at source. Cruise mag that relies on cruise line advertising? Agent who will get a bonus?.Lots of cruiser reviews here.

your question is totally unanswerable because everyone's parameters to define "best" are different. Would you go on a car site and ask what the "best" car is. I doubt it.

You need to do some research to try to find out what cruise line is best for you. Then come back with specific questions on that line and then we can then help you.

We can't do the research for you.

Don

you are turning basic math into a calculus probelm !

Whogo answered your question properly. Over the past couple years, it seems like RCI Oasis Class, Disney Dream Class and Celebrity Solstice Class have consistently topped the Cruise Critic ratings for large ships.

And don't worry about saying boat. All ships are boats, but not all boats are ships. ;)

Lumping Celebrity Solstice in the same category as RCI Oasis is somewhat misleading. While both are much larger than what USED TO BE thought of as small or medium ships, they are not in the same class. Oasis, at over 5,000 passengers is among the largest (if not actually the largest), while Slostice, at less than 3,000 passengers, is certainly not anything more than today's mid-size.

Also, why do you think all ships are boats, while claiming that all boats are not ships?