Maybe live from the Nieuw Amsterdam's fourth Alaska cruise, 2021

Boytjie

54 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

Happy Sailing!!  Glad you enjoyed Seattle..   Is anyone doing door decorations on the ship?  (I know there are lots of anti door decoration feelings, not starting a debate)  just curious.  Happy Cruising!!

I read somewhere on here that HAL is no longer allowing them and will take them off. 

Drama time!

Swung by Pike Place market for flowers. 

We were dropping the Hertz rental off Downtown neae the hotel. When I got Google map instructions it said it was closed. Called them, closed.  
Dashed back to airport 25 min Sounth to drop it off and now we are in a Lyft going the the ship. Argh. 

We should still arrive a bit before our boarding time. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I always think that a trip without unexpected bumps in the road is a trip lacking adventure...that's what those wonderful De Lille bottles of wine are for.  Looking forward to seeing your flower purchases on board.  Thank you for including us and the fabulous photos.  Cherie

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Drama time!

Swung by Pike Place market for flowers. 

We were dropping the Hertz rental off Downtown neae the hotel. When I got Google map instructions it said it was closed. Called them, closed.  
Dashed back to airport 25 min Sounth to drop it off and now we are in a Lyft going the the ship. Argh. 

We should still arrive a bit before our boarding time. 

Two questions about the "drop off" at the port:

Did your Lyft drop you at the baggage drop or a bit of a walk away? 

Did you notice whether those being dropped off by private vehicle (ie neighbor) were able to drop off right at baggage drop-off?

The reason I ask is that the last time we sailed from this dock (Aug 2919), the Lyft ride dropped us a bit of a walk to the luggage drop area. The driver was not allowed to take the taxi lane.

Thank you!

Diana

16 hours ago, Boytjie said:

Dinner was not on the roof deck at the hotel tonight: it was so hazy that it did not look like it would be a nice sunset; we opted for sushi nearby. 

Where did you have sushi and was it good? 

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Cellar Master Renaldo conducts a very good wine tasting on board.

The quality of these sessions and attending being worthwhile for this cruiser varied greatly.  My comment also applies to the Sip and Savor events.  Introducing us to a wine without "pushing" it makes a difference.  The attraction of having a "nibble" from the PG during these events?  Once, I was fortunate that the PG had prepared many more "nibbles" than were needed.  Several servings of PG Crab Cake nibbles!  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Boytjie said:

The wine was just OK but we enjoyed the charcuterie board. It was rather disappointing since the only way to learn more about the wines you had to read it off the menu. 

A good "board" improves just OK wines.  But, no active participation by the management to discuss their wines?  I wouldn't consider that winery in the future.  

DW and I are on this sailing. Very happy so far. Rented a cabana by the Lido pool for the voyage. Internet is a bit spotty. I’ll try posting pictures as we go. If anyone wants specific pictures or has questions, feel free to message me. To eveyone else on the NA, Bon Voyage!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2