A bit of a dilemma

You are so lucky to have a husband that listen and go such great distance to plan something so special to surprise you.

If I were in your position, not sure I would be able to pretend it never occurred though...:eek:

Now THERE'S a dilemma.... does he tell her he knows that she knows?

In that case, I vote yes. Might as well get it all out in the open since no one will be surprised.

The cruise is his gift to you. Seeing your happiness and surprise is your gift to him - even though you did not know you were giving this gift!!

Erase the caller ID from your phones, and keep your mouth shut. Seriously, this is such an awesome gift, don't let loose lips - yours or RCI's - spoil this for your husband. :)

If it were lucky me, during a quiet moment I'd approach my husband and say,

"Honey, I got the strangest call today from RCCL about a cruise; does this mean what I think it means"?? It opens the door and most likely he will be glad the pressure is off and the two of you can share the 'surprise' ...because at some time prior to the cruise he will have to tell you anyway, so you can take care of essentials like passports, meds, etc?

Whatever you do decide, have a wonderful cruise with a wonderfully thoughtful husband.

I cast my vote for telling him that you know. For us, part of the excitement is the pre-cruise anticipation. Happy Birthday and have a great time.

But he obviously wants it to be a surprise:rolleyes:

I say don't let on that you know.

But he obviously wants it to be a surprise:rolleyes:

I say don't let on that you know.

I agree with the surprise.

But, everyone is assuming that she will

a) Not have something else come up to ruin it

b) That she can ACT surprised

c) That she can keep a secret

d) She can lie to her husband

Lots of assumptions there.

I would tell him about the call. While he wanted to keep it a surprise, he is going to be able to see when he does tell you that the reaction is not what he would have expected it to be. You will have to fess up then and there is no need to start a great vacation on a down note.

Tell him and enjoy the next two weeks getting ready for the cruise together.

I agree pretend you didn't get the call. From the sounds of it he really though hard and invested a lot in this for it to be a big surprise. I wish my wife would do that for me :)

Enjoy your cruise

I've been planning a secret surprise cruise for three of my dd's (16, 17 & 21) for nearly a year. Planning, storing items I've purchased in advance, only talking to RC on my lunch from work...if someone spoiled it, I would be so disappointed not to see the surprise on their face when I told them.

This could go two ways...tell him then have him make a big deal with the RC rep that they ruined his big surprise...maybe get something for their mistake (not likely but worth a try). Or, don't tell him and act surprised. I know for me, finally being able to be excited in front of him would look a whole lot like I was surprised so it would work for me.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear what you decide.

Well ........................ if he reads this message board he'll have the same dilemma that you have.

...or the rep calls back and apologizes for letting the cat out of the bag. :eek:

This has actually happened to me. I got an email about a cruise I didn't know about 19 days before we sailed. I told my husband and was actually mad because he was going to have me go on a cruise without knowing what to pack. He was going to pack for me. I would tell. It's only 2 weeks away and you still get part of the fun of planning and being excited together. It still was a surprise, just not the way he intended you to find out. Have fun, it's sounds like a good one.

Just be overly excited jumping up and down and give him a big hug when you see him. Now he got his reaction, and you don't have to worry about him being disappointed. I would be upset with RCL over the situation if i felt like all my work went to waste. If you make a big deal(excitedly) about finding out then he may feel good about his surprise still.