RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Might be brilliant but it is cheating. I have heard of folks doing such things and getting caught. Did not get their extra points.

Cheating hurts us all, besides being — well — cheating! Royal will catch on and make adjustments. I am one who is happy with the program as is. I think it is very generous and probably the best in the industry. Just my opinion. Katherine

Didn't realize it was cheating. My bad, I like to play by the rules as well.

Who says it's cheating. I didn't realize that Royal cared if you brought someone back to the cabin. We've booked two solos before, no big deal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The poster responding to my previous post said it was cheating. Im a little confused as i always thought, as you do, that it's not illegal to book two rooms. Maybe I'm missing something.

The poster responding to my previous post said it was cheating. Im a little confused as i always thought, as you do, that it's not illegal to book two rooms. Maybe I'm missing something.
Not cheating.....since Royal allows you to book it that way.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It’s not illegal/cheating to book 2 rooms. Two passengers, each in their own cabin, get double points. Fine and dandy.

I think it is cheating to pay the solo 150% for a suite, get the bonus points (3 per night) and then have someone else in your cabin. The two in the suite should have paid the double occupancy rate and received 2 points per night, not 3. Still say that it is cheating. Royal did not get the fare it was owed for two passengers in a suite. Katherine

It isn't cheating, it is just someone working the system. The more people boast about it, the more likely the cruise line will close that loophole just like they did when people were combining every possible discount that existed or when people were taking out $10,000 dollars on their Royal Caribbean credit card to earn for double points to then go home and use said money to pay off their account.

It's not illegal to book 2 rooms. What Biker 19 was reporting was someone who booked into another guests room with the intention of not staying in that room so his wife, who was booked solo in a JS, would get triple points. With the 150% solo rate at 350 cruise points I think many have done this for points and double C&A amenities. Agree with reallyitmema that it's working the system.

We were still working at the time, but very much enjoyed the "Diamond Events" while still Diamond, plus tossed in stays in GS cabins when we wanted the CL. Did not take long to make D+ from there on the longer cruises. We actually never made Emerald (that level is not worth much anyway :rolleyes:) and went right over it from D to D+ on one single cruise.

Is Emerald not before Diamond

It's not illegal to book 2 rooms. What Biker 19 was reporting was someone who booked into another guests room with the intention of not staying in that room so his wife, who was booked solo in a JS, would get triple points. With the 150% solo rate at 350 cruise points I think many have done this for points and double C&A amenities.

In this case I'd have to say while not illegal it's not ethical. And I agree that this practice is probably a lot more common than most would think.

It’s not illegal/cheating to book 2 rooms. Two passengers, each in their own cabin, get double points. Fine and dandy.

I think it is cheating to pay the solo 150% for a suite, get the bonus points (3 per night) and then have someone else in your cabin. The two in the suite should have paid the double occupancy rate and received 2 points per night, not 3. Still say that it is cheating. Royal did not get the fare it was owed for two passengers in a suite. Katherine

Agree....and don't think those who pay 150% for a cabin should get double points when they haven't paid the full cabin fare.

I learned of a new point whoring technique while on Adventure last week.

Couple are D+ above 350 points. The wife books a JS solo at the 150% supplement rate. The husband books with friends also on the cruise as a third person in their cabin at really low price (but of course stays with wife in the JS). So, they get triple points.

I know of a brand new Pineapple couple that did something like that, but most of the cruises she cruised single. He only joined her on occasion until he retired, then he simply booked an inside to her JS (3 point) cabin until they scored the 700. I don't see anything wrong with that. They paid for two cabins.

Edited by island lady

Who says it's cheating. I didn't realize that Royal cared if you brought someone back to the cabin. We've booked two solos before, no big deal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I know folks that do that. 2 connecting insides, 2 bathrooms and 2 closets and double points. Win win

A lot of times its cheaper than a Js,

I learned of a new point whoring technique while on Adventure last week.

Couple are D+ above 350 points. The wife books a JS solo at the 150% supplement rate. The husband books with friends also on the cruise as a third person in their cabin at really low price (but of course stays with wife in the JS). So, they get triple points.

I'm confused Biker. Wife gets 3 pts as solo in JS... DH gets 1 pt as a 3rd in the other cabin = 4 pts.

If they had both simply booked the JS, they both get 2 pts each = 4pts. No? I don't see a points benefit??:confused:

To me all this looks like is a way to manipulate the system in order to pay less $$ for the cruise.

Agree...why would that be cheating? Royal gets money for two cabins. :)

Welcome back.

We have no problems with overcrowding DLs in Europe as it is a US phenomenon.

As someone who tries to be fair when posting if RC box clever they can make a positive PR exercise and allieveate the overcrowding in the US DLs by a reasonable number of D drink vouchers for diamonds which will stop them being disillusioned and going to RC competitors.

Don’t you think 3 FREE drinks during cocktail hour are plenty? Limit the FREE drinks in the lounge to 3 and it will not be so crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not illegal to book 2 rooms. What Biker 19 was reporting was someone who booked into another guests room with the intention of not staying in that room so his wife, who was booked solo in a JS, would get triple points. With the 150% solo rate at 350 cruise points I think many have done this for points and double C&A amenities. Agree with reallyitmema that it's working the system.

You don't get double amenities, a lot of benefits are one per household, not per cabin.

I did book two rooms on the Quantum, one for me at 150% solo special and my wife and son in room 2 - worked out best value for the three of us, including 2 balcony discounts.

I had 3 bottles of wine delivered, wife got none!

I didn't, and still don't, think it was cheating.

Pete

Agree...why would that be cheating? Royal gets money for two cabins. :)

Ok — not sure if I am winning this battle or not😀. Still say it is unethical, if cheating is not a word most like, to book a suite for one and then 2 people sail in the suite. The couple paid less and both get the 3 points per night because Royal treats married couples the same. If I read Biker’s post correctly, the couple intentionally wanted to get the bonus points and not pay the going rate for 2 in a suite.

Such is life. But . . . Wish I could remember where I heard of a couple doing this type of thing regularly and Royal intervening and stopping them for future cruises. Katherine

I'm confused Biker. Wife gets 3 pts as solo in JS... DH gets 1 pt as a 3rd in the other cabin = 4 pts.

If they had both simply booked the JS, they both get 2 pts each = 4pts. No? I don't see a points benefit??[emoji782]

To me all this looks like is a way to manipulate the system in order to pay less $$ for the cruise.

When you are a couple your points are linked through C&A. So therefore you (as a couple) would climb up 3 points per night vs the 2 once the points are applied to your account.