The ideal Princess on board shop..........

Clampram

What would be your ideal shop on board ? I am very wary of Etsy and Effy and all the other "fys" along with the ubiquitous artwork.

I would love to see a Lands End Bathing Suit store fully stocked with everything they have to offer. Have you never wanted a new swim outfit for your cruise? Right next to this store, I would like to see a "real" Starbucks or Caribou Coffee with all of my favorite offerings.

Just sayin' I would like to mix it up a bit.

Why would I want my cruise ship to replicate my local mall? I don't really do much shopping on board. I prefer to spend my money with the local vendors who are welcoming the ship into their homeland. So no "Diamonds International" or other similar multi-national stores. I look for handmade crafts, Christmas ornaments, hand-woven textiles, etc. Putting a Lands End and a Starbucks on my Princess ship would really bum me out. To me, this would be the antithesis of "mixing it up a bit". To the contrary, it would be "falling in line with the norm."

Why would I want my cruise ship to replicate my local mall? I don't really do much shopping on board. I prefer to spend my money with the local vendors who are welcoming the ship into their homeland. So no "Diamonds International" or other similar multi-national stores. I look for handmade crafts, Christmas ornaments, hand-woven textiles, etc. Putting a Lands End and a Starbucks on my Princess ship would really bum me out. To me, this would be the antithesis of "mixing it up a bit". To the contrary, it would be "falling in line with the norm."

OK.........point taken! I do like the opportunity to buy really nice,unique, local items in selected ports but it seems to be getting harder to find that kind of thing

I don't even step foot in any "stores' on board. First I am allergic to the perfumes, don't want, need or desire to look at any jewelry, and the cloths they offer, we are not that kind of area to wear upscale cloths, and they don't carry my size. I don't even go to the "Everything $10 store...that's mostly cheap junk. BUT, I have found a few bargains at the "restaurant clearance sales, IF you get there early.

I think they do the job as is. I usually buy something here and there, last cruise on the Royal DH bought some Maui Jim sunglasses (great selection on the Royal) and I bought a Chico’s denim jacket on sale. Plus Elite discount! I don’t often buy jewelry but did buy a Phillip Stein watch a few cruises ago and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't even step foot in any "stores' on board. First I am allergic to the perfumes, don't want, need or desire to look at any jewelry, and the cloths they offer, we are not that kind of area to wear upscale cloths, and they don't carry my size. I don't even go to the "Everything $10 store...that's mostly cheap junk. BUT, I have found a few bargains at the "restaurant clearance sales, IF you get there early.

I rarely buy things on board that's why I was thinking lands end.

I would like to see a GENERAL Store type shop where you could buy all kinds of things from magnets and salt water taffy to sandals, clothes and jewelry. Unique type items would be a good draw.

One of the things we noticed on our last cruise was so many of the shops in the ports were not unique to the local, but often made in China, Taiwan, etc. I was not impressed.

Nothing like buying a cute little vase to take home, and later discovering a made in china stamp and then finding the same thing on Amazon. Suddenly that souvenir doesn't feel so special.

I would like to see a GENERAL Store type shop where you could buy all kinds of things from magnets and salt water taffy to sandals, clothes and jewelry. Unique type items would be a good draw.

One of the things we noticed on our last cruise was so many of the shops in the ports were not unique to the local, but often made in China, Taiwan, etc. I was not impressed.

Nothing like buying a cute little vase to take home, and later discovering a made in china stamp and then finding the same thing on Amazon. Suddenly that souvenir doesn't feel so special.

Yep...……...well said!

Follow the money. If there’s money to be made, Princess (or any cruise line) will accommodate you. It’s all based on spending amounts and patterns, and what kind of deals they could make. As long as people buy what’s in the shops now, that won’t change.

There are probably as many, or more, people who hate Starbucks as there are who love it. I hate the burned taste and feel it’s way overpriced. People say, “You should add cream and sugar to make it taste better.” Really?

At one time they did close and some still do. 7-11s were originally open from 7 am to 11 at night, you see :) Thus the name. Remember it come trivia.

so you would laff at that person and say - well back in the day...whatever

at least now you know...

Why would Princess want to offer Starbucks or Caribou Coffee which would be in direct competition with their Specialty coffee's?

As an aside, Royal Caribbean does it on their Oasis class ships - fully, free-standing Starbucks outlet, in addition to their own specialty coffee shop, Cafe Promenade .. Both get plenty of business - enough that they haven't ended the Starbucks franchise after 9 years and counting..

So, it's doable. Whether it's a fit for Princess, who knows? That's why they have all the market research, etc.

As one who doesn't drink coffee at all, I have no skin in the game as far as that's concerned..

Effy jewelry is way overpriced. I was just passing by and decided to stop in when we were on the CB. I was deep into my vacation euphoria and thought “what the heck, I’m worth it and I’m on vacation!” So I sauntered into the Effy shop and looked at a ring that was apparently on clearance. About blew my hair back! I almost laughed and walked out but I did not want to offend the person showing it to me. I’ve learned that jewelry has far less value than it is ever sold for. It’s just rocks and metal nicely polished. Don’t get me wrong, I really love diamonds and gold, I just resist the urge to buy into the facade anymore.

I do like the idea of a general store with useful items and souvenirs. They would have to be affordable though.

I do plan on using some or all of my OBC to make a purchase for myself though. Hmmm...maybe a new coach purse [emoji162] or something like that. Do they have the designer stuff on the Grand?

Basically for us no shops. Don't go on cruises to shop. Would like them to eliminate the tables that litter the passageways. Certainly no additional shops for food or beverage items. Not Starbucks. Coffee is too burnt tasting.

Follow the money. If there’s money to be made, Princess (or any cruise line) will accommodate you. It’s all based on spending amounts and patterns, and what kind of deals they could make. As long as people buy what’s in the shops now, that won’t change.

There are probably as many, or more, people who hate Starbucks as there are who love it. I hate the burned taste and feel it’s way overpriced. People say, “You should add cream and sugar to make it taste better.” Really?

There is not enough cream and sugar in the world to make Starbucks coffee palatable! Hate it and definitely way overpriced!! And for Land's End, who the heck shops there? Certainly not me or any of my friends! I don't cruise to shop. ;)

I went into the Coach shop on Oasis and right back out. I love Coach but buy mine at their Outlet store.

On the other hand, I did shop in QM2’s Harrod’s because there’s not one in our Outlet Mall and I love Harrod’s.