Where to cruise in September

Where would you suggest to cruise to in late September?

I have a few years until a milestone birthday and am thinking a cruise would be nice (shoot, I always am game for a cruise). Looking for suggestions for late Septmber.

I don’t want the Caribbean since September is very active with hurricanes and that is still a pretty hot month.

By late September you'll be hard pressed to find an Alaska cruise. If you can swing it Med would be my top choice by a long shot. As others have said Canada/New England is a possibility as well as Pacific Coastal (if they will still be offering it). We did our first Pacific Coastal cruise last year in late September and loved it. Perfect weather (although that's obviously not guaranteed), wonderful ports. We enjoyed it much more than our Canada/New England cruise.

We just booked (yesterday) the President’s cruise and got a great rate. September 29 HOS. I know you are wanting to avoid the Caribbean but you should look at the fares. I was somewhat surprised. And just FYI, RCCL sales people knew nothing about the President’s Cruise. No details or information. Everything we have learned has come from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would recommend a Med cruise sailing from Barcelona. Barcelona is great for a pre or post cruise stay and the prices tend to drop a little in September.

Cruises from Southampton (UK) are also recommended.

I would definitely consider the Med-in September the crowds are less and the weather is still lovely.

I'd pick a Barcelona or Rome departure. Vision has some great 12 day itineraries that take in some fabulous ports. Venice, Croatia, Montenegro, Amalfi Coast, Monte Carlo, Villefrance. Spoilt for choice!

I would do Med out of Barcelona. I would include several day pre or post cruise stay in Barcelona.

Ironically enough exactly a year ago we in midst of a Med cruise out of Barcelona. We did three days pre cruise in Barcelona and then one extra day post-cruise in Barcelona. I love the city.

Yesterday, I booked my "big" birthday cruise for this September.....going on Radiance from Vancouver to Honolulu (9/7-9/17). The cruise after this one has a great itinerary, Honolulu to Sydney.

My other suggestion for you is a Mediterranean cruise, but we've done several of those, and I kept leaning toward Hawaii. We enjoy Transatlantic cruises, so figure we'll try transpacific.:D

What do you want to spend and how much time do you have? The Europe cruises require more time and a lot more money for hotels and airfare. You might get deals in September. Canada/NE is a good choice if you have limited time and is less expensive if you want to cruise from the US east coast. Many leave from Bayonne which is drivable from a lot of the east coast area. Also some from Boston. Very late Sept you will start seeing foliage changes as you travel north.

Where would you suggest to cruise to in late September?

I have a few years until a milestone birthday and am thinking a cruise would be nice (shoot, I always am game for a cruise). Looking for suggestions for late Septmber.

I don’t want the Caribbean since September is very active with hurricanes and that is still a pretty hot month.

Europe is nice that time of year. In 2019 there is a 10 day cruise that leaves Amsterdam and tours the Iberian Peninsula ending in Barcelona.