Bogus 30% Off Sale?

Tapi

I booked a cruise last night using the 30% off sale before it expired only to wake up this morning and realize that the price is now cheaper than during the sale. [emoji19]

I know that most of these sales don't offer substantial savings and are mostly gimmicky, but this is the first that I've actually paid MORE during a sale. Yes, I'm canceling the booking that I made.

Did anybody experience any savings with this sale?

Have a great day everyone! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Prices can change -- it could have gone higher (would you have then thought of it as bogus). As long as you are not within your final payment you can get the price adjusted -- also I think they have a 48hr guarantee? I did a mock booking for my cruise -- exact same price -- hoping for a "better" sale (I have 11 more months to find out)

Edited by xcell

I did the same thing and have the same issue. The difference is not significant, it's about $15 a person, but that's not the point. I guess we are going to see how the price guarantee works.

My price is exactly the same today as it was a few days ago when I booked my Allure cruise. The sale prices aren't really sale prices as far as I am concerned. Last year I booked during the no tax sale and that was the only one that seemed like it was a sale to me.

Yesterday's sale would have saved us maybe $25, this mornings is closer to $75, but with both we would've lost the $100 OBC we got when booking initially so it wasn't worth it. Each sale is a little different so you just have to keep checking. Don't forget to factor in any OBC and/or other promos you may already have or is being offered to tell if it's really a better deal or not.

I booked a number of Adventure cruises for fall 2018 and winter 2019 when the opened - only my 6 night cruises dropped -nov 18 2018 - saved $89. Feb 24 2019 - saved $84.

The base price of the cabin for the other sailings have gone up.

It seems they've settled into a constant "sale" that equates to about 30% off list.

30% off every guest or every 3rd night free. Over and over.

About 30% off always. About.

So that is in effect their actual list price.

Only something better than that is likely a real sale (like 60% of additional guests). Assuming you can get that price without them jacking up the base price right before they announce the 60% deal.

Book when you see a price you can deal with, and then hope you catch a real sale prior to final payment to sweeten the deal. But like Billy Bob said in Bad Santa, "Hope in one hand and **** in the other - tell me which one fills up first."

If your price has not gone up and your cruise is 3, 6 9 or 12 days you should be able to save 3% since yesterday's "sale" was 30% and this one is every 3rd day or 33% off

I priced a day MJ sailing yesterday and it is around $75 less today.

I checked on two different Rhapsody 2018 sailings. Although the promotion is supposedly combinable with CAS discounts, the delta between the cost with and without the discount was less than 100% of the usual $250 balcony discount. So, no savings.

My Jewel sailing dropped $132 so I called to get the reduction. A very long wait on hold....

Hi, Linda! I put that same cruise on hold a few days ago during the 30% off sale, but didn't pay the deposit yet. :cool: Today I saw the "Every Third Night Free" sale (33.33% off), so I emailed my travel agency to see if they could adjust the price without me having to cancel and rebook. They said they would check.

Meanwhile, my husband and I are booked on the Nov. 5 Jewel Transatlantic, with plans to travel around Italy first. However, he wasn't too keen about this cruise itinerary (I love it) - so it might not be a keeper.

Edited by NancyIL

Same thing happened to me -- checked the price for an Anthem NE cruise in 2018 last night under the 30% off sale and elected to wait to book. This morning there is another sale, every 3rd nite free or something, that resulted in about $30 per person less. I went ahead and booked but I'm sure there will be another "sale" eventually that might be better.

I booked a cruise last night using the 30% off sale before it expired only to wake up this morning and realize that the price is now cheaper than during the sale. [emoji19]

I know that most of these sales don't offer substantial savings and are mostly gimmicky, but this is the first that I've actually paid MORE during a sale. Yes, I'm canceling the booking that I made.

Did anybody experience any savings with this sale?

Have a great day everyone! [emoji3]

I've got 4 booked cruises and most of them are much higher. Got an e-mail this AM advising of new promo of 4th night free, but when I did a mock booking on one of my cruises it still shows 30% sale, even though in red letters ad shows the new promo. Love their web site.

If your price has not gone up and your cruise is 3, 6 9 or 12 days you should be able to save 3% since yesterday's "sale" was 30% and this one is every 3rd day or 33% off

Most of the cruises are 7 days so 2 free days out of 7 is only about 29% savings. I guess that's how RCL makes up for giving the extra 3% on cruises divisible by 3. Hmmm...... For them it's still probably about 30% overall.

Most of the cruises are 7 days so 2 free days out of 7 is only about 29% savings. I guess that's how RCL makes up for giving the extra 3% on cruises divisible by 3. Hmmm...... For them it's still probably about 30% overall.

Interesting news item. The "My Pillow" guy on TV had been advertising Buy One Get One sale since forever. I read an article where supposedly the Better Business Bureau gave him a grade of "F" because the reasoning is if it's always a sale, it isn't a sale. I noticed they changed their ad to say "two pillows for one great low price".

Disappointing with all these different fake sales seems like my C&A balcony discount is either eliminated or highly discounted, for example with one 11 night cruise I have booked my balcony discount comes out to $139 instead of $350. Another downgrade of C&A benefits.

Disappointing with all these different fake sales seems like my C&A balcony discount is either eliminated or highly discounted, for example with one 11 night cruise I have booked my balcony discount comes out to $139 instead of $350. Another downgrade of C&A benefits.

The C&A balcony discount is subtracted from the "original price" (that no one pays) before the percentage discount is applied to the balance.

Thank you for this thread. I booked last week. I just did mock bookings for Oasis for August 2018 and the savings for my four cabins came a little over $100. I emailed my TA and asked them to adjust.

Thank you.