dealing directly with princess cost $$ you

jayandcharlotte3

Need more information. Why would Princess not match? Was it after final payment? (they don't usually drop your fare after final payment but they DO before final). How do you know a travel agent would have been able to get you the lower rate? (travel agent contacts Princess and if they won't do it then travel agent can't either).

As an FYI - your first post is a complaint with little info. Some posters don't think to kindly of this as they think you might be trying to "stir the pot".

use a travel agent, don't deal direct with princess...cost me big $$ as fares dropped , princess would not match...if I went with a agent would have saved big $$

Many TA's can reduce the price because they have blocks of cabins booked. If the cruise dropped the TA probably sold more cabins and got a better discount for the all sold cabins.

use a travel agent, don't deal direct with princess...cost me big $$ as fares dropped , princess would not match...if I went with a agent would have saved big $$

Let me guess. You did not read your cruise contract when you checked the I AGREED box.

my experience has be just the opposite... i have gotten price drops dealing directly with Princess..

I have gotten better on board credits dealing directly with Princess too over a TA

Also used both TA and direct with princess, in my case princess wins with the price reduced on cruises that are emailed to me all year long. With that said I've had good dealing with TA's as well, just not as frequent.

The last time I had a price reduction on a cruise I called Princess and got the new fare. Saved $600. No hassle at all. We were not booked through a TA.

We took a special package deal when we booked that had the option that we could pick a cabin anywhere and they would all be the same fare.

We also used our FFD for this booking.

I did this online directly with Princess.

Now I've looked @ the cruise (its still over a year out) and its less for a balcony. If I call them would I loose the FFC OBC?

Last year I booked under a promotion with OBC. Later on a rate came up with prepaid grats. I was farther ahead with the latter, I called, explained what promotion I had booked under, what the current promotion is and that I would prefer the latter, and with no problem, my booking was changed. As long as the rate is listed by Princess, there should be not problem if your booking is with a TA.

As others have already said, it is not right to make this claim and give no further information. We see too many first posts complaining about something like this as though trying to get even. Thanks anyway but I will stick with my past experiences on booking.

We are chronic last minute bookers (within Final Payment time frame) and lately I keep finding better prices on the Princess site than the big box agents are quoting. Have called the Big Box to have them check further, the last one even called Princess and still couldn't match the Princess direct price.

I think Princess is doing a lot more targeting lately and we got lucky this time. Lowest priced Oceanview $3600, Lowest priced Obstructed Oceanview $5400. Go figure. Not a flash sale either, I have been seeing this same scenario on this cruise for over a month now. We always book Obstructed Oceanview, I think they are trying to convince us to move on up! We took them up on it this time.

AE_Collector

Whether I use a TA or book directly through Princess (have done both in the past and will continue to give business to whomever offers me the best price or perks at the time I book), I won't book a sailing unless I like the price I'm getting at booking and can afford it when I book. Otherwise I don't book. Others may not have this viewpoint, but after I book a cruise I don't expect either my TA or Princess to reduce the price. If they do, great for me, if not I purchased at a price I found acceptable for the voyage and that is water under the bridge.

I have never had a problem dealing direct with Princess. On a cruise booked for later in the year they have honoured two price reductions since we booked. I can't ask for anything better than that.

you must not have done your homework. Last 3 Princess cruises, I was able to get multiple price drops applied to our cruises as well as an upgrade on one after final payment. All 3were booked directly with Princess.