POLL : Upgrade bidding results (accepted or declined) by level

reveur15

Final result for your Upgrade bidding (accepted or declined) by level ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Final result for your Upgrade bidding (accepted or declined) by level ?

• Poor offer Accepted
    • Poor offer Declined
    • Fair offer Accepted
    • Fair offer Declined
    • Good offer Accepted
    • Good offer Declined
    • Strong offer Accepted
    • Strong offer Declined
    • Excellent offer Accepted
    • Excellent offer Declined

Many post are about the upgrade bidding program. People want to know how much you bid and from what category.

It vary so much by ship, date, cabin category, number of cabin left….

I think that just telling what was the level of your bid and if finally it was accepted or declined would be interesting

Please vote only for completed bidding process, not pending ones.

#1 That information is in the other threads.

#2 There isn't a poll here if you tried to generate one.

Edit: Not trying to give the OP crap but those threads are allowed by the mods to get too long and it gets hard to get good info from them. When a thread gets too long , it's useless.

Edited by ColinIllinois

#1 That information is in the other threads.

#2 There isn't a poll here if you tried to generate one.

Edit: Not trying to give the OP crap but those threads are allowed by the mods to get too long and it gets hard to get good info from them. When a thread gets too long , it's useless.

Why must you be the constant buzz kill on these boards. If you don't like the thread or have nothing constructive to add then don't open the thread. You can always apply for a moderator's job. You are always the second to comment on people's threads telling them what they can or cannot do, telling people what polls they can or cannot open, and how unhappy you are that threads get too long. Chill and let others post things.

• Like 2

Why must you be the constant buzz kill on these boards. If you don't like the thread or have nothing constructive to add then don't open the thread. You can always apply for a moderator's job. You are always the second to comment on people's threads telling them what they can or cannot do, telling people what polls they can or cannot open, and how unhappy you are that threads get too long. Chill and let others post things.

Actually I find ColinIllinois to be one of the better posters on this forum. He helps out a lot of people and welcomes new people to the forum. And, he's right. When the threads get too long they just become repetitive because people don't take the time to read them and therefore become useless.

Maybe you should put him on your ignore list in the user settings.

Oh gosh, bravo, i thought i was the only one sick of these humbug thread killers...:cool:

I think this is a great thread idea. I am active on a lot of the other bidding threads, but they do get very sidetracked by other questions about the Upgrade Advantage Program and it can be hard to wade through all of the responses, especially if you are new to the thread. A simple poll is nice. It doesn't tell the whole story by any means, but it's some nice, basic stats.

I think this is a great thread idea. I am active on a lot of the other bidding threads, but they do get very sidetracked by other questions about the Upgrade Advantage Program and it can be hard to wade through all of the responses, especially if you are new to the thread. A simple poll is nice. It doesn't tell the whole story by any means, but it's some nice, basic stats.

Agree. I like to see simple stats vs, weeding through long threads trying to determine on my own if there’s some sort of “pattern”. The other threads on the program are great for answering questions. But if you just want to see numbers and stats, you don’t have to go any further than the first post of this thread.

Edited by BEAV

The only downside to the poll is you don't have the info that my poor bid was just under the line of fair. Or my fair bid was just over the line of fair.

So people might think, oh ok....so I can bid just $50 and I have a good chance of getting an upgrade and when it doesn't happen, they are disappointed.

The rule of thumb for bidding is to figure out the difference between what your cabin sells for and what the cabin you want is going for. Then you set the percentage amount ~you~ are willing to pay.

Each cruise will be different because each cruise has it's own factors. What works on one cruise, won't work on another.

• Like 1

The only downside to the poll is you don't have the info that my poor bid was just under the line of fair. Or my fair bid was just over the line of fair.

So people might think, oh ok....so I can bid just $50 and I have a good chance of getting an upgrade and when it doesn't happen, they are disappointed.

The rule of thumb for bidding is to figure out the difference between what your cabin sells for and what the cabin you want is going for. Then you set the percentage amount ~you~ are willing to pay.

Each cruise will be different because each cruise has it's own factors. What works on one cruise, won't work on another.

The other thing is that what constitutes "fair" "poor" "good" etc varies from cruise to cruise. $100pp might be "fair" for one sailing, but "poor" for another. The terms are simply a marketing device to encourage the bidder to up their bids as it creates "doubt" when a $100 bid get labeled with "poor".

Thank you! Should we close down all new posts and say "see prior thread". There would be no site like this. I get it. I always do a search so I won't get yelled at. Lol. FYI, I have never got a email for bidding just a couple times over the phone on another line asking if your interested but nothing lately.

We have had 5 Poor bids accepted, 3 of them ours and 2 extended family on the same sailings - from 3 different cruises within last 15 months, first one shortly after this was launched.

Details in the othe thread, which I won't get into. This poll isn't scientific nor random, not even a small sample, and while informative and interesting - leaving out a web of complex Calculus variables and somewhat, IMHO, meaningless. The same bid for the same ship, different week and maybe different itinerary, might or might not work and could be rejected, i.e. stateroom categories.

Keep in mind, for example, spa balcony is now a newly added category on its own. It might an exceptional value to someone over a slightly bigger mini - whereas, a GTY balcony is just fine for 2 of us. If anyone is prone to motion, deck 15 or 16 Fwd on a mega-ship with the spa access is NOT, necessary a wise choice - especially on certain itinerary where rough seas cannot be ruled out.

Just my two cents.

Actually I find ColinIllinois to be one of the better posters on this forum. He helps out a lot of people and welcomes new people to the forum. And, he's right. When the threads get too long they just become repetitive because people don't take the time to read them and therefore become useless.

Maybe you should put him on your ignore list in the user settings.

I totally agree.He is helpful and not at all negative in my opinion. Have been reading his posts for years: Objective he is, which is how we all should try and be. ;)

I have suspected for a long time that Colin works for NCL, especially when he replies within minutes to a thread with a link to the answer to the OP’s question. Wouldn’t it be much easier to just answer the question?

There is another poster who posts quite often who I know for sure is an employee.

I have suspected for a long time that Colin works for NCL, especially when he replies within minutes to a thread with a link to the answer to the OP’s question. Wouldn’t it be much easier to just answer the question?

There is another poster who posts quite often who I know for sure is an employee.

Well, I hope I'm not replying to you too soon after you posted. :) I can assure you that I am not an NCL employee. I'm a retired military guy and don't work at all so sometimes I have more time on my hands than I need so I'll waste time on the innerwebz.

I'd like to think like many other people, that I'm being helpful by providing information. As far as providing links instead of just answering my philosophy is that for a lot of new people if they read the linked information they will find more helpful information than just the one question they asked and in the future they will know where to go for info.

Many people are appreciative of that.

Cheers.

The thread titled, What was your upgrade and what did you bid, ended up being mostly people asking questions such as "has anyone from the 9/27 sailing on ----- had their bid accepted? Or, what should I bid to go from an inside to a balcony? This is obviously not answering the question of your upgrade and that's why there are so many pages of answers. It is though, an enlightening thread nonetheless.

The thread titled, What was your upgrade and what did you bid, ended up being mostly people asking questions such as "has anyone from the 9/27 sailing on ----- had their bid accepted? Or, what should I bid to go from an inside to a balcony? This is obviously not answering the question of your upgrade and that's why there are so many pages of answers. It is though, an enlightening thread nonetheless.

I agree. That thread has strayed far from it's original purpose, especially now we are in thread #2. But there is a lot of interesting info in there.