"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

We loved the Silhouette...and reading your daily blog allows me to relive the cruise!

Your pictures are great, your narrative fun and informative, and you make solo cruising sound like a blast!

Thanks for taking the time from your cruise to keep us informed!

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

It’s time to go back to my Home. . .for the next 6 Nights. . .

G52.JPG

Silhouette Pulls away from the pier slowly

G61.JPG

It turns out that there are a few passengers who didn’t make it to the pier. . .Oh well. . .Antigua is not too far from here. . .They will make it there before we do.

G63.JPG

As I look back, I can see rush hour in Castries. . .

G64.JPG

So long, for now. . . I want to come back here soon. . .

G66.JPG

We drop of the Pilot before our next stop in St. John, Antigua. . .

G67.JPG

ahhh...Sandals...may I ask what it costs to use their facilities for the day? and what does that include?

ahhh...Sandals...may I ask what it costs to use their facilities for the day? and what does that include?

there are 3 Sandals on island - Radio went to Sandals La Toc, abot 10-15 minutes from the pier. A Sandals Day Pass in St. Lucia is 100US pp and includes all your food, drink, use of facilities, activities, non-motorized watersports, lounge chairs, etc. you can bring your own towel or use their (that is sometimes a hassle, but they are available) Spa is extra.

Halcyon is about 15 minutes the other way from the pier and the Grande is about 30 minutes from the pier. General consensus is that the Grande has by far the beast beach - it is across from Rodney Bay on a large protected bay with very calm waters and long stretch of beach. Cost is the same for all 3. Transportation is not included.

Enjoy your visits!!!

Radio - loving your updates, too bad you didn't go down south to the Pitons and rainforest - simply amazing to see. Come back and stay longer next time - so much to see and do in St. Lucia!

Thanks very much for the Starbucks alert, ken! DH and I each bought one as he is addicted! (And I just gave him a $54 Starbucks gift card for his 54th birthday!). Radio, I hope you were able to get this deal too, there is probably another 13 hrs. or so on the promo. We look forward to hearing all about St. Lucia. Your LIVE reports and photos are incredible, thank you! :)

Thanks jfm123 for the very nice comments. . .

I -was- able to get in on the deal from Starbucks. Thanks Ken987 for the heads up. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .Here are a few more pics from The Port Area that I forgot to post. . . Ooops. . .

This group of pics should have been before the Sandals Pics yesterday. . .

NOTE TO RADIO >>>>> Be sure to Think before you press SUBMIT.

We should arrive in Antigua in about an hour. . .I will post some arrival pics when we dock at St Johns. . .

Radio

Here is the Entrance to Port Seraphine where Silhouette was docked

G70.JPG

Passengers are lined up for Excursions in the sun. . .It got pretty cloudy, later in the day

G12.JPG

There were a few passengers that didn’t read the memo. . .

G58.JPG

The Passenger Terminal offered a lot more shops than what I have read. . .There were over 50 Vendors

G17.JPG

The Transportation area was very busy in the morning.

G19.JPG

There were over a dozen Ship Excursions that would pick you up right at the Terminal. . .

G73.JPG

there are 3 Sandals on island - Radio went to Sandals La Toc, abot 10-15 minutes from the pier. A Sandals Day Pass in St. Lucia is 100US pp and includes all your food, drink, use of facilities, activities, non-motorized watersports, lounge chairs, etc. you can bring your own towel or use their (that is sometimes a hassle, but they are available) Spa is extra.

Halcyon is about 15 minutes the other way from the pier and the Grande is about 30 minutes from the pier. General consensus is that the Grande has by far the beast beach - it is across from Rodney Bay on a large protected bay with very calm waters and long stretch of beach. Cost is the same for all 3. Transportation is not included.

Enjoy your visits!!!

Radio - loving your updates, too bad you didn't go down south to the Pitons and rainforest - simply amazing to see. Come back and stay longer next time - so much to see and do in St. Lucia!

thank you very much Reedprincess for that info!

Thanks jfm123 for the very nice comments. . .

I -was- able to get in on the deal from Starbucks. Thanks Ken987 for the heads up. . .

Radio

;);)

3:30 AM-ish Radio???? really........:D

And glad you got the starbucks deal!!! gotta love that one!!

Enjoy Antigua..last time I was there, the starbucks-esque place was closed....bummer.....

Radio - Please - what type of camera are you using. I am enjoying all the beautiful photos of the Silhouette - much better than the ones I took last month.

I use a pretty inexpensive camera. . .Most of the Pics are from a Sony DSC-H10

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .Good Morning. Welcome to Day 8 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Silhouette !

We have arrived in St. Johns, Antigua. We pulled up to the Pier at about 7AM, and the Silhouette was cleared at 8AM. Our schedule shows we arrive in each port this week at 8AM. .. But we have arrived early everyday ! That is a good thing. . .

When I woke up, the skies were cloudy and it didn’t look like it may be good weather. I should know that clouds are part of the Caribbean, and they move away as fast as they move in. The sun is up and hot. . .The forecast is for sunny skies at 86F. . . Today would be a great day for a swim.

Here are some pics from our arrival. . .Many more when I return.

Radio

I could wake up to a view like this every day. . .

H1.JPG

It looks like it may be a hot sunny day !

H2.JPG

We pull in to the Harbor in St. Johns, Antigua

H9.JPG

We approach the Pier slowly

H6.JPG

We are lucky that we will be using the FWD Gangway today. . .This is a long Pier.

H5.JPG

There must be a Car rental here in St. Johns somewhere. . .

H7.JPG

Radio, I could not more enjoy your FAB reports every day ... and the pictures are truly whetting my appetite for my transatlantic on the Reflection later in the year. I will also have a cabin on Deck 7, can you see the lifeboats as you look down? What cabin are you in?

Again, thank you soooo much for your detailed and very entertaining reports. John

I still have to pack! :eek: I'll wave as you pass me going north. :D

Have a great trip Brian!! I will keep an eye out for your review when you return.........and hopefully before we leave!! :)

P.S. Will there be an Otto flag flapping in the breeze on the Port Everglades Webcam on your departure? :p

P.S. Will there be an Otto flag flapping in the breeze on the Port Everglades Webcam on your departure? :P

No flag, but I do generally wear my Otto shirt on day 1 to match my avatar.

What has two thumbs and is excited to soon be on a cruise?

ThisGuy-1.jpg

THIS GUY!

Brian- I'll put my 10 yr old in charge of finding you on the ship on the webcam Sunday!!! Instead of find Waldo, it will be find Otto!!! :p Wave BIG!!!!! :D

I am excited for you........

Have a lot of good eats while on board!!

Hey Radio . . . . Why don't you ever get any pictures taken with you in the photo, then post it for us to see what a great time you are having? I think others would also love to see you in one of these great shots you are posting! :D Please, Please, Please???

Hey Radio . . . . Why don't you ever get any pictures taken with you in the photo, then post it for us to see what a great time you are having? I think others would also love to see you in one of these great shots you are posting! :D Please, Please, Please???

I think that of all of Radios' threads, I have only seen one photo that actually included him.

Archived