Do not book an expensive suite on the oasis

kmkord

Currently on board the Oasis in Sky Loft Suite 1720

I can't believe I have wasted $8800 on this. The suite itself is very nice,and our cabin steward has been great, BUT I was expecting the suite level service to be so much better. The concierge is not helpful at all unless you walk out upset. Then they magically seem to find a way to help with your request. Again, if I paid $2500 for the cruise, my expectations would be lower, but I could have gone somewhere so much better for this price.

I'll write a review with all the details when I'm no longer on their .65 per minute Internet.

If I paid $8800 for a suite, I would not be complaining about .65 per minute for the internet.

Hope you can just relax and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

OP, so sorry you are not happy but I suggest you work it out while still onboard. They can help you if you let them. I'd hate to read a complaint review about this once you disembark - deal with any issues now. :)

And have fun. I have chemotherapy tomorrow. I'd rather be in your Sky Suite. :D:p:)

Bless you.

Prayers and positive thoughts to you! I had a biopsy yesterday, waiting for my results. Hugs!

OP, so sorry you are not happy but I suggest you work it out while still onboard. They can help you if you let them. I'd hate to read a complaint review about this once you disembark - deal with any issues now. :)

And have fun. I have chemotherapy tomorrow. I'd rather be in your Sky Suite. :D:p:)

Bless you.

{{{{Langley Cruisers}}}} Hope you are sailing in that Sky Suite soon. I'm now a 30 year survivor.

R U seriuous?

Its private business... you should get more if you pay for.

You do you get a bigger room....we are talking cruise ship rooms. All suites get the same benefits no matter if I got a GS or the Presidential Suite.

So lets take a first class seat flying over seas, One pays $5000 the other pays $8000 should the one who paid $8000 be offered more???

Lets take my upcomming cruise I paid $1600pp before tax for a Loft suite. Now the people who paid the going rate of $2800pp should they get better service because they paid more, if we go by your theory of you should get more if you pay more???????? :)

Its up to you if you want to a get a suite on the ship and its up to you to know what comes with that price.

You do you get a bigger room....we are talking cruise ship rooms. All suites get the same benefits no matter if I got a GS or the Presidential Suite.

So lets take a first class seat flying over seas, One pays $5000 the other pays $8000 should the one who paid $8000 be offered more???

Lets take my upcomming cruise I paid $1600pp before tax for a Loft suite. Now the people who paid the going rate of $2800pp should they get better service because they paid more, if we go by your theory of you should get more if you pay more???????? :)

Its up to you if you want to a get a suite on the ship and its up to you to know what comes with that price.

If you got a CL for 1,600pp way to go!!! The lowest I have seen it at is around 2,400pp. Congrats!!!

If we were both on a cruise and you paid for a $2000 cabin and I paid for a $10000 cabin you bet your A$$ I would expect much more personal, over-the-top service. If you stay in a regular room in a nice hotel and I stay in the Presidential Suite, do you think I shouldn't expect a certain level of service above and beyond what you get? I would think if you spend almost $10000 on a one week cruise on RCI that you would get at least a meal in each of the specialty restaurants and some other special perks.

I agree with this.....like a million percent. (and I don't sail in suites)

If a person in a suite gets the same service as I get in a balcony, then I just think they're a moron for spending that money. A suite should absolutely get you a better experience.

Aww, thanks. Just trying to see the positives during this difficult time for me. :)

You know we have your back down here south of the border. Just hang in there for now. Soon you will be able to look back and this will all be over with and in your past.

THIS!!! ^^THIS^^!!!

I absolutely agree with this comment. No way no how would I pay that kind of $$$ for a loft on RCCL. Nope!! Luxury cruise here I come for $8800.

And why in the world did you pay $8800 with all these deals going on right now!?!?

For $8800 DW and I could go on 5 cruises. Its nuts for anyone who isn't flush with money to spend that kind of money on a cabin for 7 days.

Does anyone else think this post is a little sketchy? Who has ever known the Concierge on any ship to be anything but accommodating to a suite guest? Wouldn't the suite guest have gone up the "chain of command" if it was something serious? And who pays $8,000 for a suite then complains about the internet expense? I'm just guessing... but I think the OP had his 'horrific' yet undisclosed problem solved... or enough 'free' drinks in the CL have solved all his problems... or (I'm not finishing that thought, kind of like what the OP started all this with!!

Does anyone else think this post is a little sketchy? Who has ever known the Concierge on any ship to be anything but accommodating to a suite guest? Wouldn't the suite guest have gone up the "chain of command" if it was something serious? And who pays $8,000 for a suite then complains about the internet expense? I'm just guessing... but I think the OP had his 'horrific' yet undisclosed problem solved... or enough 'free' drinks in the CL have solved all his problems... or (I'm not finishing that thought, kind of like what the OP started all this with!!

It does seem a bit over the top however, we paid $2099 plus tax for each of us to be in the GS and we were treated like a king and queen. We had two conceirge's and I must say one of them was very snotty and acted like he was to good for us. The other Conceirge was very accomodating and he made up for the rude one. The money we spent for the GS was worth every cent we paid for it. Now, just waiting to see if the GS will go down for our next cruise on the Liberty in January. We are currently booked in a JS but I am crossing my fingers there will be a price drop. If not, we'll just bite the bullet and pay the current pricing.

Wow, tough crowd! :D All OP has said so far is, the concierge hasn't been very responsive without a display of displeasure.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, speculation runs wild:

1. Expectations are too high--a concierge is not a butler, valet or personal assistant.
  2. Expectations are too high--Royal Caribbean is not Seabourn or the like.
  3. Expectations are too high--a Sky Loft is no different than any other suite.
  4. Stupid--paid $8,800 for Sky Loft.
  5. Stupid--didn't pre-tip.
  6. Unjustified--if you can afford a suite, you can't complain about the over-priced Internet.
  7. Insensitive--it's just wrong for suite guests vs. non-suite guests to complain about first world cruise problems.

What did I forget?!

Okay, I agree, OP may have committed the pre-cruise sin of not doing CC research. That would be a first! OP may have been overly dramatic in presentation. Ditto. Maybe something happened to kick off the cruise on a sour note and OP hadn't been able to shake it by day 3. Ditto ditto! OP may, in fact, be a little more high maintenance than me or thee. :p .... But whatever the root cause, OP's just as deserving as anyone else of being heard out before being judged.

While I agree the amount paid for any given suite has no bearing on the level of customer service (market pricing is, by its nature, variable and unpredictable, e.g., I see Sky Lofts going for as high as $15,500, and some of you are reporting firesale pricing--OP's $8,800 looks average in that context), I also think it is very natural human behavior for guests who've jumped the divide into the small number of top guest accommodations to feel a bit more exclusive and entitled. That is exactly how the hospitality industry wants those guests to feel, and I'm sure Royal Caribbean's concierges have been trained accordingly.

<off soap box :o>

OP, I hope by now you've been able to resolve your issues and are enjoying great concierge service and a fabulous Oasis cruise! :)

Wow, tough crowd! :D All OP has said so far is, the concierge hasn't been very responsive without a display of displeasure.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, speculation runs wild:

funny.

Colorado babe I know who you are talking about lol

oh yeah I think the OP just had a little rant. Expectations are typically a bit higher the more you spend, but that's why I try to spend a medium amount. Then people just have to be average to make me happy.

funny.

Colorado babe I know who you are talking about lol

oh yeah I think the OP just had a little rant. Expectations are typically a bit higher the more you spend, but that's why I try to spend a medium amount. Then people just have to be average to make me happy.

Anyone who books a suite on the Allure and uses the CL will know who I am talking about! LOL--the talk of the CL for sure!

Wow, tough crowd! :D

While I agree the amount paid for any given suite has no bearing on the level of customer service (market pricing is, by its nature, variable and unpredictable, e.g., I see Sky Lofts going for as high as $15,500, and some of you are reporting firesale pricing--OP's $8,800 looks average in that context), I also think it is very natural human behavior for guests who've jumped the divide into the small number of top guest accommodations to feel a bit more exclusive and entitled. That is exactly how the hospitality industry wants those guests to feel, and I'm sure Royal Caribbean's concierges have been trained accordingly.

<off soap box :o>

OP, I hope by now you've been able to resolve your issues and are enjoying great concierge service and a fabulous Oasis cruise! :)

I am curious to see the OP's review. Hopefully they will do one when the return home. We stayed in the exact room 2 sailings ago at a higher rate for three people. Cabin steward and his helper were amazing. We did not have any issues in the CL but we are easy going, not to say the OP isn't. We did have one request and they were able to help us, but that is our experience. We maybe were in the CL for a total of 20 minutes over the entire cruise. We consuming no drinks or food, but just popped in to say hello.

Personalities don't always mix so reading the OP's review will be interesting. The OP states the room and life on deck 17 was good. Their problem appeared to be on deck 11 and concierge related.

When we stayed in 1720 the last week of August we I did have a few small "cabin" issues which were resolved by Brian our steward, except for one and it was what I would call a first world problem. I am curious if the OP noticed or experienced any of the same small cabin "enviroment" issues we had.

I did notice that they have been CC members for quite a while with a limited amount of posts, so it is not like they are newbies to CC or cruising. Anotherwords I think cruising shouldn't be a surprise to them. That all being said I too hope that the OP was worked out their concerns and are enjoying themselves.

Andrew

I spent significantly more than the OP for a suite for two and dragged a 12 pack of soda on board to save a few bucks on the mini bar. People spend their money as they like.

I also had a conceirge who was rarely not whispering into the phone when I was in the lounge (which was often). I once asked her for help, but it was clear that she couldn't be bothered, and I never asked her for anything again. It was also the first cruise in 30 where I didn't tip someone in her position.

As far as spending this money on a luxury line (I have also cruised with Regent and Crystal), I get something on this cruise line and on Celebrity that I can't buy elsewhere - space. That's more important to me than service and food, or even cabin decor. To each her own.

Does anyone else think this post is a little sketchy? Who has ever known the Concierge on any ship to be anything but accommodating to a suite guest?

I hope the OP does post additional details however I am open-minded that he did have issue(s) and may or may not address it with the chain of command. I also had a bad experience with one of the concierge's he mentioned - he was gruff and barely responsive at first. I addressed this with him the second day and he warmed up. I have had overall better experiences with all other concierge's. We all have bad days. Many of us do our research on what to expect, what it's like, and are easy to please.

Currently on board the Oasis in Sky Loft Suite 1720

I can't believe I have wasted $8800 on this. The suite itself is very nice,and our cabin steward has been great, BUT I was expecting the suite level service to be so much better. The concierge is not helpful at all unless you walk out upset. Then they magically seem to find a way to help with your request. Again, if I paid $2500 for the cruise, my expectations would be lower, but I could have gone somewhere so much better for this price.

I'll write a review with all the details when I'm no longer on their .65 per minute Internet.

I agree- it isn't worth $9 k and I'd be sad in your situation. Of course a day cruising anywhere in any cabin is better than a day at work (or God forbid a day in chemo) but that doesn't make the OP complaints any less valid.

One of the reasons my cruises on Royal are always "great" is because I would never spend more than 1500 pp on them. I cruise on other lines where the service is in line with the money you spend, if I plan to spend big. For those who have not cruised those lines; you might not understand that folks who have cruised the other luxury lines are literally shocked by the difference and it's a common to see this kind of posting here from new Royal cruisers who book an expensive suite and are very disappointed.

Of course, more research would have helped, as always when spending that kind of dough "caveat emptor"; but that advice doesn't take the sting out- we've learned that many people who spend that kind of dough do so precisely because they like to have everything taken care of and don't have time or inclination to do the research. So it's quite a shock a roo to get on Oasis or Allure in your 5 figure loft suite and learn how little you get (unless you are capable of drinking 6 grand worth of booze in week):( Plenty of people love suites on Royal and that's great that they are satisfied, but understand for folks coming from other similarly priced travel experiences with other travel providers- it's a big let down!

OP- I'm very sorry about your bad experience...but I agree with Langley- please do make some effort to go up the chain. You should let them know that your expectations aren't being met; hopefully this will make them make it clearer what you (don't) get when one books a suite on Royal.

Archived