Here's What I've Been Told

kitty9

As a true wine lover.. not thrilled. I enjoy the Pub lunches on Princess but it's just in one of their lounges.. not a full time" Pub" that is a going to be an Americanized replica like on RCCL ships... not a true "Pub" found in England...:eek:

CC

We dont know what it will look like but surely we should trust them to get it right.....the other bars onboard are pretty stylish. They must know a 'sports bar/pub' wouldnt suit X clientelle?

I also feel for you if you are a wine buff and are losing Cellar Masters but as many have reported you can see the tumbleweed roll through that venue most of the time, despite us really liking the place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Being that we have been all a lot of ships. We were on the equinox when the Stanley cup finals were on and could not pic it up. Yes they can have 55 t.vs but they need to upgrade there satelites systems. British bar should show british soccer and I wish that would happen but I cant see it! All they seem to show is cricket and basketball!

We too are wine lovers and frequent Cellar Masters every day on our cruise, but not for the machines. I've received emails from Celebrity saying that CM would still have wine. If they don't I hope they move some of the selections to another venue, especially since we are not sports fans.

Mary Lou

Being that we have been all a lot of ships. We were on the equinox when the Stanley cup finals were on and could not pic it up. Yes they can have 55 t.vs but they need to upgrade there satelites systems. British bar should show british soccer and I wish that would happen but I cant see it! All they seem to show is cricket and basketball!

We were on the Equinox during the Olympics this year. NO COVERAGE at all.

I've heard that they broadcast the Superbowl and World Series so I assumed that they would have the Olympics. Nope. Had to spend my time at the Martini Bar!

We were on the same cruise as the OP and yes, Cellar Masters is being turned into the pub during the 11 day dry dock. There are other new issues being implemented on Equinox but, rather post what we were told, let's see.

More interesting, ECO is building the nee ships to resemble Celebrity and the rumors for those ships will shock loyalist. Celebrity fans, keep your ears open also for the revived rumor about that merge! It's back!!!!!

PatC

More interesting, ECO is building the nee ships to resemble Celebrity and the rumors for those ships will shock loyalist. Celebrity fans, keep your ears open also for the revived rumor about that merge! It's back!!!!!

PatC

What is ECO? Not sure what you are talking about. Merge of what?

Well, ok then. I'm done posting so not as to intrude on anyone's flight of fancy.

See you all----sometime. Btw, I hope no one else spoils anyone's reading here by posting ANY information about X until it comes from the company's president.

If it makes you feel any better, we ran into a former Michael's Club bartender and now bar manager we know on Reflection a couple of weeks ago. When I told him that I had heard the craft beers were being moved to Cellar Masters, he said the craft beer concept is being tried on Equinox first in the Cellar Masters venue. He didn't mention tapas and we never asked. When is the Equinox dry-dock?

If it makes you feel any better, we ran into a former Michael's Club bartender and now bar manager we know on Reflection a couple of weeks ago. When I told him that I had heard the craft beers were being moved to Cellar Masters, he said the craft beer concept is being tried on Equinox first in the Cellar Masters venue. He didn't mention tapas and we never asked. When is the Equinox dry-dock?

End of April I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

It's on a TA right now. The dry dock follows.

Think a pub type operation in the space of Cellar Masters would be a good idea, with small plates of food. Please, if TVs show sports let's have not just American football, basketball & baseball, but some rugby, soccer and tennis ......with the MUTE button well used on all screens.

When we were in NZ & Australia we were really getting interested in/enjoying the rugby we saw on TV - Americans need to broaden their sports horizons!

Of course what we really would enjoy would be some sheep dog trials! ;):D

A potential concern is the service in this 'pub'. There have been so many posts about cut backs in service at bars; would Celebrity devote enough personnel in this space to serve beers, some wines and food? And keep the tables cleaned up?

As another said earlier, a beer and a bit to eat would be welcome when you come back from touring around 2-3 pm and just want to relax a bit.

It's on a TA right now. The dry dock follows.

End of April I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems this will be hatched out of a portion of the Main Dining Rooms.

Does anyone know if it will be the first or second floor of the MDR?

Well Blu is already on one side of 2nd floor on the "M" class ships, and Select Dining on the other side so I would think for those ships it would be carved from the 1st floor....for "S" class probably 2nd floor, opposite side of Select Dining area....but really I'm just guessing....:eek::)

A potential concern is the service in this 'pub'. There have been so many posts about cut backs in service at bars; would Celebrity devote enough personnel in this space to serve beers, some wines and food? And keep the tables cleaned up?

The appears to be a recent reduction in activities staff. Maybe this will free up extra space to accommodate extra staff to run the pub?

Edited by helpthejuggler

Think a pub type operation in the space of Cellar Masters would be a good idea, with small plates of food. Please, if TVs show sports let's have not just American football, basketball & baseball, but some rugby, soccer and tennis ......with the MUTE button well used on all screens.

When we were in NZ & Australia we were really getting interested in/enjoying the rugby we saw on TV - Americans need to broaden their sports horizons!

Of course what we really would enjoy would be some sheep dog trials! ;):D

As another said earlier, a beer and a bit to eat would be welcome when you come back from touring around 2-3 pm and just want to relax a bit.

I agree with the sports being shown widened out to some international sports, the only issue is really with the satellite channels that they receive.:D

Well Blu is already on one side of 2nd floor on the "M" class ships, and Select Dining on the other side so I would think for those ships it would be carved from the 1st floor....for "S" class probably 2nd floor, opposite side of Select Dining area....but really I'm just guessing....:eek::)

I theorize the new Suite DR will be be the other half of upper select dining seating. From a logistical stand point, makes it simpler for the MDR start to have all their tables on a single level.

I further think X will do away with the 2 seatings, and go full-select dining as they do the Suite dining room, using RCI's announcement that Quantum will not have reserved MDR dining as basis.

I theorize the new Suite DR will be be the other half of upper select dining seating. From a logistical stand point, makes it simpler for the MDR start to have all their tables on a single level.

I further think X will do away with the 2 seatings, and go full-select dining as they do the Suite dining room, using RCI's announcement that Quantum will not have reserved MDR dining as basis.

I have a feeling you are correct about the select dining, even though it isn't my cup of tea, as I really enjoy the traditional dining when I cruise with Celebrity, I'll just go with it if it changes. For me, a small change like this isn't something to get nuts about.

If they move Select to the lower level of the MDR I hope they keep it to one side (directly below where it is right now) We much prefer traditional dining and really do not like the hustle and bustle of Select with people coming and going past you while you are eating, tables being turned etc. Does not make for a relaxing meal. Also we usually travel as a group -4 to 8 people and I would hate to go through the hassle every evening to try and reserve a table. We like our table waiting for us:D

We are sailing on 6/14. Any other info on the large Italian group? How would X cater to this group? Why should I be concerned about this?

We are on the 6/14 itinerary out of Venice and I think this must be the one with the large Italian group, our Roll Call was wondering why the sailing was sold out six months ahead of time. But not too sure I should be worried about having 1200 Italians onboard, apart from it being noisy as another poster had remarked, it'll just be a full ship.