How many of y'all that cruise Celebrity are from the South?

MCKC

Well my husband and I just got off our third Celebrity cruise and had a great time. But several times on this trip we would be talking with another couple and once we got to the portion of the conversation about us being from Dallas, the conversation ended immediately. One couple we were on a catamaran with for a couple of hours getting along great, as soon as they found out we were from Texas they got up and moved away from us. We just find it very odd....we are very friendly as are most Southerners. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my husband and I just got off our third Celebrity cruise and had a great time. But several times on this trip we would be talking with another couple and once we got to the portion of the conversation about us being from Dallas, the conversation ended immediately. One couple we were on a catamaran with for a couple of hours getting along great, as soon as they found out we were from Texas they got up and moved away from us. We just find it very odd....we are very friendly as are most Southerners. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

I've had conversations end equally abruptly when people find out what city in Wisconsin I am originally from. There are some places that have a bad reputation in both the South and elsewhere. My birthplace is one of them :)

I've never had that experience. In fact, people are often fascinated by the South. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's usually the reaction we have encountered! We also found it weird but most everyone on the cruise was from the north or Canada?!?

Both with currently living in the South for over 25 years and with 20+ Celebrity cruises over the last 10 or so years, I truly believe that there was something else involved. In fact, on some of our cruises, drawls were so omnipresent that I thought that we were IN the south.

And over the years have seen a LOT more anti-NY, anti-NJ and generally anti-Yankee sentiment in the south than anti-Southern sentiment elsewhere.

Edited by ECCruise

LBJ claimed that he was a "Westerner". So when is Texas a Southern State and when is it a Western State? Curious minds want to know.

I guess it depends on which part of Texas your from. If your from El Paso I'd say your from the west. We are from Dallas and I've always considered myself southern.

LBJ claimed that he was a "Westerner". So when is Texas a Southern State and when is it a Western State? Curious minds want to know.

As a original Mississippian I also question whether Texas is part of the south. They were in the Confederate states though.