Project Edge class.

DutchCruiseFan

I think it will be built with the ship within the ship concept for another special class.

The lower class will be a what is considered standard balcony, it will be on a open deck with a hammock and all dining will be buffet.

There will also be the steerage class for the bottom feeders. It will be dorm style like the old days and passengers will be limited to a few selected decks. There did it will be the leftovers from the staffs dining.

I also read where some cruise lines are even eliminating the pools as no one uses them except for laying around and that can be on any open deck.

The crusie lines appear to be going full circle now returning to the ocean liner concept with different classes and decks that off limits to the peons.

Too bad as the cruise line concept is what made them popular and affordable to the mass market. I guess that the mass market is now richer dispite most people claiming about prices of everything are too high and cannot afford to live on their income.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Good news. Despite the retrofits and updates on board, the Millennium class already looks old from outside, its time for their decommission, at least on X. But I'm not sure if this new class is intended to replace the Century and Millennium fleet.

I've been wondering the same, been very quiet since the initial news.... Look forward to seeing some renderings of the ships AND their interiors. Suppose it will be a drip feed over time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it will be a full dormitory style sleeping arrangement, that way there will be no more jealousy about people in a cabin category higher than one is staying in and the perks that used to accompany the varied accommodations.

This would be in reply to the litany of complaints people have about Blue and Luminae, and Michael's and Persian gardens access restricting usage of spaces by all.

Hopefully at the same time, they will do away with all elite events, so that those spaces that become private event spaces for elites and exclude all others, will be open 24/7 to all.

Hopefully too, they do away with things like trivia taking over rendezvous lounge when I want to sit in peace, and Bingo in the theatre in afternoons, it's a theatre after all, not a bingo hall. I should be able to look at the lights in there whenever I want in silence.

The ships on board should also be removed, since there are some people who can't afford to shop in them, it's cruel to make them pass by and see things they can't have.

Good news. Despite the retrofits and updates on board, the Millennium class already looks old from outside, its time for their decommission, at least on X. But I'm not sure if this new class is intended to replace the Century and Millennium fleet.

Sorry to tell you, but Century is gone.

I'm guessing it will be a full dormitory style sleeping arrangement, that way there will be no more jealousy about people in a cabin category higher than one is staying in and the perks that used to accompany the varied accommodations.

This will only to serve as a catalyst for the "upper or lower bunk" debate !!!

Steve

This will only to serve as a catalyst for the "upper or lower bunk" debate !!!

Steve

The higher fares will get the lower bunks. Those with more cruise status will be located furthest from the door.

When did this come the comedy hour thread? [emoji43] or Is it more in the bitter and twisted vein?![emoji11][emoji56]

Edited by QE2_Fan

When did this come the comedy hour thread? [emoji43] or Is it more in the bitter and twisted vein?![emoji11][emoji56]

Don't know, but like you, I am definitely looking forward to more announcements!

I remember when the Solstice class was revealed and how we all watched, literally, the Solstice being built at Meyer Werft via the webcams. And we eagerly waited for new photos to be released by Andreas Depping. It was fun to speculate on every new thing that was discovered.

I am very much looking forward to the excitement that this new type of ship will bring. :D

Thanks for posting Don, but the article says nothing about what Celebrity has planned for the 2 ships. Part of the problem, is the first ship isn't due for 3+ years, so it would seem they are still brainstorming. While we're all excited to hear more about the Edge class... I suspect we're several months away (if not more) from any information. Based on past history, and competitive issues, I expect that Celebrity will be very tight lipped on releasing specific Edge details anytime soon.

Why don't celebrity ask us what we want on the next generation? As an elite and with two more cruises booked (I know lots of you have a much better pedigree!) I am sure they should be sending us survey questionnaires now.

I remember a wish list post a couple of months ago and so many of the wishes really were so simple!

My personal wishes would be ....

An ironing room (I know I have free ironing with my elite but.....)

Breakfast, lunch and dinner in luminae (I really do not understand the concept of brunch although I enjoyed trying it).

So what would you like the new ships on the ocean to be like?

Thanks for posting Don, but the article says nothing about what Celebrity has planned for the 2 ships. Part of the problem, is the first ship isn't due for 3+ years, so it would seem they are still brainstorming. While we're all excited to hear more about the Edge class... I suspect we're several months away (if not more) from any information. Based on past history, and competitive issues, I expect that Celebrity will be very tight lipped on releasing specific Edge details anytime soon.

Based upon what was in the article, I agree with you, anything we hear now is just rumor.

miched- you sense of humor ist just great! I love your post- and the follow ups which cought on.... and followed suit!

Decks off limits to the " common " passenger! Hm- well I first thought it would disturb me on board QM2 - but the space is so small and not very spectacular- so I thought not much about it! They better cushions looked nice though.... LOL!

I don't think there will be any lawns on there new ships. I haven't seen anyone copy that stupid feature. What a waste of space.

In order not to waste space but continue the theme, my undertanding is that the new ships will have a lawn on the helipad.

Surprisingly, the lawn on the current s ships is used for activities and can be quite busy. It's only wasted space if there is something "better" to put in that space. Of course, my and your definition of "better" would probably be different than Celebrity HQ finance focusing on increased profit.

Edited by ghstudio

I don't think there will be any lawns on there new ships. I haven't seen anyone copy that stupid feature. What a waste of space.

I love the Lawn!!! It's so nice to spend time there and get away from the noise and crowds of the pool deck. Deck 15 is wonderful, sunset bar, glass blowing, lawn, Alcoves, the LCG, Porch. It's perfect:D No wasted space at all!

I love the Lawn!!! It's so nice to spend time there and get away from the noise and crowds of the pool deck. Deck 15 is wonderful, sunset bar, glass blowing, lawn, Alcoves, the LCG, Porch. It's perfect:D No wasted space at all!

I too love the lawn. I'm a horticulturist, and crave something "natural" while on a ship, the lawn works perfect to "ground' me. It's in to get a towel or blanket and lay in the sun, or lay bocci, or put put when they set that up.

In truth, if it weren't a lawn, most of the space would just be more hard surface deck and walking space anyway, or just have some more random chairs and tables.

Something about having that bit of nature aboard the ship just makes me smile. I miss it desperately on the M class ships.

We spoke with the Hotel Manager on Reflection last week, and he said that the first new ship will be in 2017. It will be larger than the M-Class ships, but smaller than the S-Class, and will have a larger number of Suites. The plans are to have more public space, but less passengers. These two new ships will sail to "exotic" destinations, according to him.

We spoke with the Hotel Manager on Reflection last week, and he said that the first new ship will be in 2017. It will be larger than the M-Class ships, but smaller than the S-Class, and will have a larger number of Suites. The plans are to have more public space, but less passengers. These two new ships will sail to "exotic" destinations, according to him.

Thanks Karynaane!

That sounds pretty close to what the media releases have mentioned, so it will be good to get a little more detail as to exactly what all that means!!

Am sure in the not too distant future they will release some renders of both what the ships will look like and also some of the interiors.

It's funny as the ships are only slightly smaller than 'S' class (don't have actual tonnage to hand) so not entirely sure how many more 'exotic' locations they will visit.... Maybe they will be small enough to fit under a bridge or two, or possibly even the Panama Canal that Solstice ships cannot.

Thanks Karynaane!

That sounds pretty close to what the media releases have mentioned, so it will be good to get a little more detail as to exactly what all that means!!

Am sure in the not too distant future they will release some renders of both what the ships will look like and also some of the interiors.

It's funny as the ships are only slightly smaller than 'S' class (don't have actual tonnage to hand) so not entirely sure how many more 'exotic' locations they will visit.... Maybe they will be small enough to fit under a bridge or two, or possibly even the Panama Canal that Solstice ships cannot.

When the New Canal opens (next Year I think)

the Solstice class ships will be able to go through,

at $100 plus per person I wonder if it will happen though.

With regard to the Edge Class, it has been mooted that there will be no

main dining room, just a Buffet and Specialty restaurants with charges

ranging from $10 to $75.

Of course Suite Guests will be able to eat anywhere :cool::D