last year we did a trip over to St Barts,

Would have been great if we could have spent a bit

longer there and had a nice lunch or Dinner,

The extra time there means this may be doable

We'l...

I assume Elite Plus no longer carries over.....?????[/

Yes your status transfers over here is a link

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-gb/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

That's great news...makes it worth it to try it.

The itins seem set and the idea of a smaller ship with new and interesting ports is getting our attention...hopefully no Miami DJ

That's great news...makes it worth it to try it.

The itins seem set and the idea of a smaller ship with new and interesting ports is getting our attention...hopefully no Miami DJ

Try them for sure. I did and love them. I've spent some wonderful overnights in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh, Venice amongst others. The advantage of the small ship is it docks right by the action. Both Journey and Quest are going in for an extensive dry dock updates in January and April 2016 respectively. The crew are wonderful and the ship's very comfortable.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

If a particular place is a "MUST DO"...then fly there, and do a land-based vacation! No cruise is EVER guaranteed to go where the itinerary says it will.....read the cruise contract! They don't have to take you anywhere!!!

Totally missing the point. For me, Bonaire was definitely a place I've always wanted to see, but not a place I would want to fly to and spend a week for heavens sake. And yes, we all know you are never guaranteed to go where the itinerary says, but to-date changes have almost always been made due to changes in weather, safety conditions, etc.. Anyone can understand those and while they may be disappointed these changes are necessary. None of this applies to the changes Celebrity is making that we are talking about on this thread.

Well we are from DownUnder and was looking at doing a Caribbean cruise as part of a U.S. trip. I had heard so much about Bonaire and the awesome snorkelling so we had worked around d one of the few itineraries that visit. So long that idea! So we are more upset about -X- dropping Bonaire as a port rather than the overnight concept. Can't win them all but now need to consider other cruise lines as in this case the Ports of call was the decision maker for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try them for sure. I did and love them. I've spent some wonderful overnights in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh, Venice amongst others. The advantage of the small ship is it docks right by the action. Both Journey and Quest are going in for an extensive dry dock updates in January and April 2016 respectively. The crew are wonderful and the ship's very comfortable.

Phil

Thanks for Azamara info,,,...we'll look for something after the drydocks...we are booked with X through early 2017 but after that may stray for a change of pace,

interestingly the West Indies itin we are considering on Azamara gets into smaller ports with NO overnights...but that could change too

Totally missing the point. For me, Bonaire was definitely a place I've always wanted to see, but not a place I would want to fly to and spend a week for heavens sake. And yes, we all know you are never guaranteed to go where the itinerary says, but to-date changes have almost always been made due to changes in weather, safety conditions, etc.. Anyone can understand those and while they may be disappointed these changes are necessary. None of this applies to the changes Celebrity is making that we are talking about on this thread.

How many times has Celebrity had Tortola on an itinerary only to have it disappear. We've had that happen a few times over the years. Disappointing yes but we never canceled a cruise because of it.

In both situations you miss a port you wanted to visit. Not sure how the disappointment is any worse for one situation than the other. At least people on future cruises can cancel or book a different cruise now that the port changes have been announced. Can't do that if the missed port happens during the cruise due to weather. You should be thankful you can change your plans if that single port is so desperately needed for you enjoyment of the cruise.

Edited by SantaFeFan

I love that we are overnighting in St Maarten! I honestly don't know what Island we are missing. It is March 20017 on the Equinox...

Jill, you're missing Dominica. Looking forward to overnight in St Maarten as well. We're on Equinox 24 Mar 17. Melody

I love that we are overnighting in St Maarten! I honestly don't know what Island we are missing. It is March 20017 on the Equinox...

Jill, you're missing Dominica. Looking forward to overnight in St Maarten as well. We're on Equinox 24 Mar 17. Melody

As another poster said earlier, some will be happy, some will not. Some vocal people will complain endlessly about how Celebrity is making a "mistake", how unfair it is, or how mismanaged Celebrity is to do something so thoughtless and self centered, or accusing them of letting the "bean counters" run amok. Others see it as an improvement and a better deal.

So, clearly it is not a mistake. It is simply a change that some people can't, or won't, accept. :rolleyes:

Edited by sloopsailor

Well we are from DownUnder and was looking at doing a Caribbean cruise as part of a U.S. trip. I had heard so much about Bonaire and the awesome snorkelling so we had worked around d one of the few itineraries that visit. So long that idea! So we are more upset about -X- dropping Bonaire as a port rather than the overnight concept. Can't win them all but now need to consider other cruise lines as in this case the Ports of call was the decision maker for us.

Celebrity has not elimated Bonaire on all the cruises just some of them. On our 2017 cruise Celebrity kept Bonaire and eliminated Antiqua while added an overnight in Aruba and late departure in Barbados. Perfect for me.

So, clearly it is not a mistake. It is simply a change that some people can't, or won't, accept. :rolleyes:

Doesn't that remain to be seen? Or do you believe it is a 50/50 split between happy and not so much :rolleyes:

Doing a cruise to the ABC islands was one of the dreams that my wife and I share. Last year we found one that fitted our possibilities and restrictions due to our jobs (e.g. she is in payroll and can't travel at the end of a month) and booked the next march 6th cruise - one of the very few that has all three islands. And two weeks ago we now booked nonrefundable flights from europe so a change of our plans would be very costly.

Now, and I really do not exaggerate, Celebrity destroys this dream for us. A cruise to A and C simply is not the same for us as one to all ABC islands. We could've had that earlier and much cheaper on other lines. And the reason for all this? Beats me. And no email from celebrity or the TA so far. Just found out after reading this thread.

I don't know how to tell my wife.

Celebrity has not elimated Bonaire on all the cruises just some of them. On our 2017 cruise Celebrity kept Bonaire and eliminated Antiqua while added an overnight in Aruba and late departure in Barbados. Perfect for me.

True not eliminated entirely but super restricted options as it wasn't one of their most common ports to begin with! No worries we haven't put anything on motion so well either find an alternative Bonaire cruise or give it up and enjoy one of the new overnight stays with Celebrity instead.

Really you think losing a port you are looking forward to visiting is a little thing?

I don't know how you book a cruise but we look at itineraries and then make an informed choice then commit then we research and plan to take advantage of the ports. I guess you are not invested in your trips and just show up?

We were in Boaire this winter and the snorkel trip we were on was one of the best we have been on in the Caribbean. I definitely would prefer that to an overnight on any island in the Caribbean.

We have cruised just about every island in the Caribbean and the only port we missed on a X cruise that upset us was Port of Spain Trinidad which was the reason we chose the cruise and X dropped the port while we were on the cruise and substituted Grenada. They never gave a reason for the diversion.

We are booked on the X Feb 2017 Mardis Gras cruise and I can tell you the only reason we booked it is the three days in Nola during Mardis Gras. I guess if they decided to change the itinerary and drop the overnights you same folks would suggest we suck it up and don't voice your displeasure?

Who cares you will be on a cruise all is good.

It makes no sense to change the itineraries after people have bought unless it is due to risk or natural devastation. The ship can sail at 12:00 that night and you can still have your dinner or go clubbing and still make it to Bonaire for the next morning it is only 81km between the two islands.

This is a about a cost saving for the ship and maybe some R&R for crew.

I totally agree with everything you say except for the small part I highlighted in red.

We had a snorkel excursion booked for Bonaire but will now probably remain on the ship that second day in Curacao, as will, I would wager, a LOT of passengers.

We weren't scheduled to leave Curacao until 11 pm originally so if you were talking about the crew going ashore in the evening - that could already have happened.

I still think it has nothing to do with "passenger requests for overnights" and everything to do with fuel cost and port fee savings.

These changes would have been acceptable for 2017 cruises (still not something I'd like) but the 2016 cruises should have just been left alone.

Now, and I really do not exaggerate, Celebrity destroys this dream for us. A cruise to A and C simply is not the same for us as one to all ABC islands. We could've had that earlier and much cheaper on other lines. And the reason for all this? Beats me. And no email from celebrity or the TA so far. Just found out after reading this thread.

I don't know how to tell my wife.

I completely get this - I was lucky enough to visit all 3 in one trip several times, it is quite nice. 2 is not a substitute for all 3.

Now..I may get flamed for this sacrilege, but Holland America goes to all 3. This season it looks like the Oosterdam has that route.

I am of the mind that people do themselves a disservice by limiting their trips to one carrier.

Take a look.

Again I wonder?

We are not half way thru 2015, many here have sailings booked all thru 2016, and a few into 2017 already. When is 'THE TIME' to make a change?

Very few business can wait well over 2 1/2 years to do so.

I totally agree with everything you say except for the small part I highlighted in red.

We had a snorkel excursion booked for Bonaire but will now probably remain on the ship that second day in Curacao, as will, I would wager, a LOT of passengers.

We weren't scheduled to leave Curacao until 11 pm originally so if you were talking about the crew going ashore in the evening - that could already have happened.

I still think it has nothing to do with "passenger requests for overnights" and everything to do with fuel cost and port fee savings.

These changes would have been acceptable for 2017 cruises (still not something I'd like) but the 2016 cruises should have just been left alone.

I have also been to Curacao a couple of times but I think if Bonaire was cancelled we would book a 25 min flight over in the am ($150pp rt) and grab a hotel and spend almost 2 full days on Bonaire. Because we probably would never visit that port again we would make the most of it.

Edited by Christine Frances

Again I wonder?

We are not half way thru 2015, many here have sailings booked all thru 2016, and a few into 2017 already. When is 'THE TIME' to make a change?

Very few business can wait well over 2 1/2 years to do so.

The surveys from Celebrity we completed on overnight port interest and various Caribbean ports we'd be interested in, were sent fall 2014 February 2015.

Wallie raises a good point. Those of us asking Celebrity to change up their game, adding overnights, adding new ports want it now, not in 2018 when the "new" itineraries are first released.

As mentioned not many businesses can wait a couple of years to make changes. The Market moves too fast for that sort of lag.

Over night stops are common with the smaller upscale cruise lines for added value . Seems to us that Celebrity would not make the change to over night stops if it bothered the majority of their customers ;)

As a example ,we would welcome a over night stay in a port ;which would give us more time for exploration;) . A 2 day in Aruba as example would be great & saves us a airfare into Aruba ;which is pricy :)

Didn't you just post on your roll call:

"I won't miss Dominica because if you are not on an excursion you're better off (read 'safer') staying on the ship. For us it's a win - win because we won't miss Dominica and we get an extra 1/2 day 'at sea' before arriving into St. Maarten."

Sounds like you think the change is a "win - win".

I am not sure which cruise you are on but the March 25, 2016 sailing on the Equinox schedule just changed. Dominica was dropped, 1/2 day added to St Maarten including overnight stay.

So this is how I do not see it as a "win-win"; just remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We miss Dominica (Equinox was only ship in port), one of the most beautiful, least populated Caribbean islands plus great snorkeling and whale watching to arrive just in time in St Maarten with four other ships bring a total of +18,000 passengers to a small island. That's what I call paradise:eek:!

Should I be upset we have an overnight in St. Martin? I've been there more times I can count... and was looking forward to Roseau, Dominica... but not sure what I would of done there except its a new place

This is 11/18/2016 10 night ultimate

I realize that toying with an itinerary is sketchy but the contracts explicitly state that it is always a possibility and we all know that going in. I am not defending Celebrity and I understand that some people are going to take these changes harder than others. If one cannot accept their new terms it is probably best that they book something else or make the most of what they were dealt. Do keep in mind that a hurricane could destroy any Caribbean port and disrupt itineraries for years. Crime waves also factor in to changing any anticipated port of call.

Life is not perfect and neither is every single vacation. Time, research, wish lists and planning weigh heavily on many of us - especially for those who need everything to be in order. That said, I was shocked upon learning of the changes to my Eclipse cruise April 2, 2017. I had the port order and times memorized and I was sent for a mini-loop when suddenly MY plans were stolen and rearranged. I immediately decided that it was best to roll with it and not be disturbed by it.

Antigua was pulled and I had wanted to go back for several years to revisit a favorite slip of beach. Now I hope it rains there that day. Of course St. Kitts wasn't canceled; the one throw-away port on this cruise in my book.

Now the good stuff for this sailor ...

An overnight in Aruba. The one deterrent originally with Caribbean cruising for me was always having to be back onboard by 4 or 5pm. I cannot wait to experience a cruise ship overnighter on one of my favorite all-time islands that I am extremely familiar with from previous flying vacations. Secondly, Barbados is now a Monday port visit instead of Sunday and we will be there from 8am - 11:59pm instead of the original 6pm departure. That means dinner in Holetown and I don't have to leave the Crane Resort or Pebbles Beach by 3pm. Sure my meals are paid for onboard but this new opportunity for me is priceless and car rentals in both Aruba (2 days) and Barbados (1 day) are entirely doable.

My one fear is how warm will it be in my cabin overnight while in port. Otherwise, I embrace the new itinerary and look forward to more like it in the future.

To those who feel the new unannounced setup is a slap in the face or a mistake, I entirely understand but I am seriously feeling the Sly Rambo quote:

"Let it go."

I am not sure which cruise you are on but the March 25, 2016 sailing on the Equinox schedule just changed. Dominica was dropped, 1/2 day added to St Maarten including overnight stay.

So this is how I do not see it as a "win-win"; just remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We miss Dominica (Equinox was only ship in port), one of the most beautiful, least populated Caribbean islands plus great snorkeling and whale watching to arrive just in time in St Maarten with four other ships bring a total of +18,000 passengers to a small island. That's what I call paradise:eek:!

You quoted me but I was quoting someone else who was upset with the change of itinerary, but on her roll call called thread called it a "win-win". I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of her outrage on this thread but happy as a clam with the change on the roll call thread. Basically she was whining here for whatever reason but quite content with the change.