10 A.M. flight time possible

dptt

In a perfect world, yes. You will need to be in the first walk-off group. It helps if you are elite/platinum/suite and can get priority disembarkation.

If your ship is late, if customs holds you up, if you can't do the walk-off with your own luggage, then the answer is no.

I had a 10:25 am flight and was sitting at my gate by 8:30 am, but mine was a perfect disembarkation with no hold-ups.

Why even stress on it, enjoy breakfast and take your time. Stressing on a flight after your cruise? Why?

What happends if more ships in port also?

Eveyone asks, no one ever listens, same advice and post responding. They should just put up a sticky that if your flight is before 1230 you take your chances.

Is it possible to make a 10:00 A.M. flight out of Ft. Lauderdale? Thank You

In a perfect world, yes. You will need to be in the first walk-off group.

You will be to early for EZ Check;

so you will have to carry your luggage off.

Earliest flight allowed for EZ Check is 11:00 A.M.

Edited by GeeDunk

What day are you embarking? How many ships will be in port? It is one thing to arrive on a week day and be on the only ship in port. It is another to arrive on a weekend with 20,000 other passengers, all wanting to grab the nearest taxi and the early flights.

Of course the ship could be late, the weather could be bad, there could be some emergency at the port. If you are counting on everything going smoothly, then I suggest you have a backup plan just in case.

Eveyone asks, no one ever listens, same advice and post responding. They should just put up a sticky that if your flight is before 1230 you take your chances.

Yes. This question is asked over and over again for this port and for others. I guess people want to hear "Sure, no problem" even if there is one. :rolleyes:

Certainly it is possible if your ship docks at Port Everglades by 7am. It may even be more likely than not.

Is the stress worth it?

Are you prepared to shell out a significant amount should things go awry?

Edited by broberts

"Pennywise and pound foolish"
Exactly. There are usually several self-disembarking groups spaced over half an hour or more. You would have to make sure you're in the very first group (along with lots of other people expecting to be the first off the ship.) And, you have to be able to handle all of your luggage, carry-on, purse, etc. and still have one hand free for the escalator. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the elevator which could be a long wait. The escalator is guarded to make sure you can handle everything. Once you get to FLL, you still have to go through Security.

I can't tell you how many times I've disembarked in FLL and experienced delays with people who had booked early flights begging, crying to be allowed to get off the ship. There's a reason why the early flights are cheaper: cruise passengers may not be able to make the flight.

Make sure you have "Plan B" in place. I always booked my flights after 11am and there were times when I made it to the gate as the plane was boarding.

Good luck! You'll probably need it.

10:00 AM has a lot of risk.

If you don't like stress don't do it. Too often I see people worrying about their flights for most of their cruise and then not sleeping the night before.

While you might make it you might not.

For me, I don't care for stress so I would not do it.

Keith

If you are asking the question, you probably will be worrying the whole cruise, so just book later.

March 2015..Port Everglade..Caribbean Princess..arrived on time 7:00am. So did five other cruise ships

Due to immigration delays no one got out of the port before 10 am. Half our ship were non US citizens and a new fingerprint policy was in effect.

Missed our 12 noon flight. Actually we could have run for the flight but would have to leave our luggage at the airport.

No flights until the next day. FLL or West Palm Beach into JFK, LGA or Newark.

Hotel, meals, transportation $$$

Answer: NO ( 7th Port Everglade cruise/first missed flight) Going back to the 1:30 pm flight in January. Don't like sitting at the airport, but not worth the stress.

Luckily we had Princess Travel Ins. and we were able to recoup our expenses.

Edited by BRANDEE

Like the others have said, some days, maybe even most, you will make it, but some days you will miss it. Usually the flights out are booked, so you will have difficulty finding another flight that day. If you miss it, you will probably spend the day at the airport hoping to get on a flight.

Like the others have said, some days, maybe even most, you will make it, but some days you will miss it. Usually the flights out are booked, so you will have difficulty finding another flight that day. If you miss it, you will probably spend the day at the airport hoping to get on a flight.

Very well said!

My last two cruises at Fort Lauderdale I disembarked with the first call. Both times, I arrived at the airport at 8:30AM.

A 10am flight would make me very Nervous!!. You'd probably have to carry your luggage on the plane. That may not be allowed.

Edited by Stevesan

Do this:

1) On the same day of the week that your cruise will finish, price out a same-day one-way ticket home that's later than your existing 10:00 option. Refundable, non-refundable, doesn't matter, all that matters is that you price out a ticket if you miss your planned flight and your only option is to buy a new ticket on the spot.

2) Go price out a refundable ticket on a later flight home on the actual date that your cruise will happen.

3) Go price out a non-refundable ticket on a later flight home on the actual date that your cruise will happen.

Now think through these options and decide if any of the above options make sense as a plan B. Is the convenience of a 10:00 flight worth that cost? Your decision to make.