Next Carnival VIFP Platinum gift

evandbob

• 2 weeks later...
I like it! :) Better than the journal I got on the last cruise. I did go to guest services and see if they had anything else, figured another Tervis glass wouldn't hurt. I did get another Tervis glass, but was pleasantly surprised to see it in a different design than the original ones I had received when they were first given out.

I wish I had thought to do this! My 12yo loves the Tervis cups, we have a collection of them. Wish Carnival would follow Disney and offer a better selection for sale.

It's wonderful to have 1st world problems, isn't it? My grand kids get to enjoy some of the giveaways, as well as some at my MDR table.

I do keep a few different gifts for myself.

I give ours away to someone I think is nice on the ship. They are overjoyed that they got a free gift.

Anyone who has more than they could spend would never feel compelled to post that in the first place. Do you feel better now? LMAO! Fortunate? Not so much... OMG. I can't stop laughing..:safe travels!!

We've met plenty of people on cruises who have more than they can spend. People ask us how many cruises we've been on and their eyebrows meet their hair line. Then when we tell them when our next cruise is (we always have one planned), they ask us how we do that. It's not bragging, we do what we want to do, people seem to be put out by that. Amazing how many people we meet who tells us they're spending their children's inheritance. Work hard, save, don't be in debt, and travel as you wish. Nothing wrong with that. :p

We've met plenty of people on cruises who have more than they can spend. People ask us how many cruises we've been on and their eyebrows meet their hair line. Then when we tell them when our next cruise is (we always have one planned), they ask us how we do that. It's not bragging, we do what we want to do, people seem to be put out by that. Amazing how many people we meet who tells us they're spending their children's inheritance. Work hard, save, don't be in debt, and travel as you wish. Nothing wrong with that. :p

Someone advised me to join a frequent flyer program back in 1998 when I wasn't traveling much. I did it just to get that person off my back. Since then, I've redeemed over 2 MILLION Miles for free flights on one airline alone., That helped make more cruises and land vacations possible.

Biggest freq flyer score was flying free first class non stop New York to Tahiti on Air Tahiti Nui Airlines. We were then able to stay at Sheratons in horizon over water bungalows in both Moorea and Bora Bora.

Had I not reluctantly listened to the person, I doubt if I could have traveled and cruised 1/3 of what I have done.

[attach]368995[/attach]

click on image to enlarge

Since we're doing B2B on Glory in a couple of weeks, we'll probably end up with 2 of these. I'll keep one & give one to a cruisin' friend who is not Platinum. Hopefully, I'll be able to exchange the other 2 for something else.

So, I shouldn't accurately state what I do with my traveling lifestyle? When does "braggadocious" come in?? 10 cruises? 5 cruises? Maybe if you state the "rules" so everyone can follow them. Your lifestyle isn't my fault, since you seem to post it so negatively???

It did come across as bragging by the way you itemized the cruises that way. I'm not surprised of the backlash.

The Carnival duffle looks nice. My only gift has been the Tervis mug which is really nice. I hope the duffle is still around on my next cruise. It looks better than the ones in the Fun Shops. I may have to buy the duffle on Ebay when they become available.

We just got off the Conquest today and got the journal. We are currently on the Glory so hoping for the bag.

Hope they switch to the bag in January as we are doing a B2B on the Conquest starting 1/9 and will be Platinum for both legs.. Would much prefer the bag over a journal.

I gave a Tervis tumbler to a lady I met on board and she said "Oh, great, what do I do with this?" I was so mad I took it and gave it to her aunt. Now I'm sorry I did that, should have kept it. I didn't like the game board and exchanged it for a tumbler. I like the sundries bag. Don't know what I'd do with a duffle.

• 2 weeks later...

got off the Pride, Dec 20th, Recieved the journal.:(

Took to GS, all they had was the Tervis, nice design (different than the ones we Recieved earlier. used them on the remainder of the cruise.:)

Nice, but was hoping for the duffel.

Oh well, maybe on the Pride, this April;):D

Edited by ladylikes2cruise
Couldn't remember if I posted this already?

• 3 months later...