We'll look to like allure, if looking liking make.....

Dinkachu

With apologies to Shakespeare, we are disregarding the many negative reviews and comments about poor food, service, etc. on RCI and even specifically Allure of the Seas. Our family of six has determined that we are are cruising with the attitude that we are 'looking to like' everything about the trip. It worked for Juliet, so we'll see if a 'looking to like' attitude will result in a successful trip.

We sail on Allure in 2 days to celebrate our son's college graduation. It will be our 2nd Christmas trip on Allure - our first was 4 years ago - and we've booked the same exact boardwalk cabins.

While every review is subjective, we'll try to give a report that is as objective as possible upon our return!

You have a great attitude. You will have a blast.

We were on the Allure last week in BW balconies and it was the best cruise ever!

Nice graduation present.

Last week this time I was walking through Central Park with my two grandchildren in the rain. We all had umbrellas that are always available off the elevaters. I thought what a unique moment in time-here we are in the middle of the ocean walking through a park with umbrellas. Similar thought when I think-I taught my grandaughter how to ice skate in the middle of the Atlantic. It is a special ship!

Edited by harry0

Love your attitude. And what a wonderful celebration. My dad took me on my first cruise when I graduated too (Grandeur of the Seas).

I take the negative comments with a grain of salt. People can be critical. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

With apologies to Shakespeare, we are disregarding the many negative reviews and comments about poor food, service, etc. on RCI and even specifically Allure of the Seas. Our family of six has determined that we are are cruising with the attitude that we are 'looking to like' everything about the trip. It worked for Juliet, so we'll see if a 'looking to like' attitude will result in a successful trip.

We sail on Allure in 2 days to celebrate our son's college graduation. It will be our 2nd Christmas trip on Allure - our first was 4 years ago - and we've booked the same exact boardwalk cabins.

While every review is subjective, we'll try to give a report that is as objective as possible upon our return!

Enjoy your Cruise and Bon Voyage.

I have found that walking into something with the expectation that it will be wonderful makes it so much easier to actually be wonderful. And there's a lot about Allure that makes it so beloved of so many people! Go forth and enjoy. ;)

We truly enjoyed our cruise on Allure a few summers ago. What we did not like were the donuts in the Donut Hut and the hot dogs in the Hot Dog venue on the Boardwalk. The donuts were not worth the calories, and the hot dogs were just not good. Both of these are very subjective, since they are about food. Other than that, we had a great time.....and so will you.

Let us know how it goes!

If you can send a note on how hard the mattresses are and the room temperature at night- those are the only things I'm feeling worried about right now.

We will be getting on when you get off. Hard to believe that we are this close to sailing!

Let us know how it goes!

If you can send a note on how hard the mattresses are and the room temperature at night- those are the only things I'm feeling worried about right now.

We will be getting on when you get off. Hard to believe that we are this close to sailing!

Was on allure in Europe this summer. Air temp at night was fine and beds comfy. No worries.

Let us know how it goes!

Our room temperature could be set at whatever we wanted. Most of the time, our cabin attendant would put it on the cold setting after he cleaned it. I'm cold natured so I always put the thermostat in the middle between cold and hot. I'm sure he turned it down thinking we would be warm after a day at the beach. Also, our mattress was very comfortable. I wanted extra pillows so the cabin attendant brought me 2 more. We had the best cabin attendant ever on RCCL.

Allure is one of the best ships in the entire world. We had previously sailed on Oasis in her maiden year in a oceanview balcony and that ship was totally awesome! We sailed last May on Allure in an Owner's suite. That said, the things I didn't like were the buffet and that there really is not thalisotherapy pool in the spa and the suite guest experience was not on par with what I have experienced on NCL. Still our suite was nice. BUT there were so many good things about the ship, they totally made up for these shortcomings! The entertainment was top notch, there were a ton of things to do onboard, I liked exploring all the interesting areas of the ship! The crew was very friendly and nice. I think the most telling thing is this: Considering the total experience, I would not hesitate to cruise on Allure again!

i don't pay attention to bad reviews on a ship since crew change, so we take each cruise individually and judge for ourselves. While not all of our cruises have been as good as others, we have always had a wonderful time and saw new Ports. Each of us enjoy doing different things and our taste for food varies, so my husband & I judge our cruises mainly for the ports we visited and people we get to meet and let the little miscues slide and not influence the overall cruise experience.

i don't pay attention to bad reviews on a ship since crew change, so we take each cruise individually and judge for ourselves. While not all of our cruises have been as good as others, we have always had a wonderful time and saw new Ports. Each of us enjoy doing different things and our taste for food varies, so my husband & I judge our cruises mainly for the ports we visited and people we get to meet and let the little miscues slide and not influence the overall cruise experience.

I am with you on the approach to cruising. As new things come out and are put onboard either new ships or refurbs, those threads are the most interesting....but I still judge for myself.

The only bad experience I had on the Allure was on the TA just before dry dock, due to the space next to my cabin being turned into a new cabin. Sadly it took a week to sort out, however all those issues should be long gone by now. Loved nearly everything else about it.

Let us know how it goes!

TEMPERATURE of the Cabin:

We've only been onboard a few hours, but so far - the room temperature is quite comfortable. We have a thermometer on our portable luggage scale and it is measuring 73 right now. We are in a Boardwalk balcony room.

MATTRESS:

The Mattresses are a different story. We stayed at a Hampton Inn for 2 nights and Embassy Suites for one night before this cruise, and well - compared to 2 hotels plus HOME, we are not thrilled with the mattresses. A quick nap this afternoon before muster drill and all 6 of us sailing agreed - we expected better mattresses after dry dock. These are fairly new, yet we found them hard, low and one has a discernible dip in on the right side. They are okay, but I would have considered bringing my pillow top mattress cover if I had realized they would be this hard. We live in Florida, so extra luggage is not an issues. We once sailed on a ship out of another state and purchased a mattress cover, then donated it after the cruise. I have back issues. Nothing a tylenol and a bit of maneuvering with the pillows won't help - certainly not going to let it spoil our cruise.

We will check back in in a few days after spending some time at sea and in port.

Perhaps a full night on the mattress will leave us pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully, the AC will continue to perform well. If not, we'll request a fan and wear fewer clothes.

Edited by Dinkachu