How have the seas been?

We've just sailed FLL to Tortola, St Kitts, Martinique, Antigua, St Martin, and the seas were generally described as '6 feet' most days, so just a very slight swell, and hardly noticeable at all (Serenade of the Seas), should be even less on the Navigator.

Edited by kmw350

What happened yesterday?

Nothing - he's just saying how the seas are today doesn't mean they will be the same tomorrow. Unless there is a big storm in the Caribbean (which is pretty rare this time of the year) the seas should be fine.

At orient bay in st Martin. Yesterday we had strong winds and rain. Today is sunny but the winds are so strong that they don't allow the sun umbrellas to be open. We also heard that there is a road blockage getting here some kind of protest. Hope cruisers don't have trouble getting back in time for sail away.

Wow..........just curious...........I know that the seas "can" change from day to day. I was just wondering how it's been for cruisers recently. Sorry that I asked............:confused::mad:

the replies are just trying to let you know that it doesn't matter how it has been recently because it could be completely different in 10 days when you sail and you should be aware of that. Why are you so defensive? Folks are just trying to inform you. :)

At orient bay in st Martin. Yesterday we had strong winds and rain. Today is sunny but the winds are so strong that they don't allow the sun umbrellas to be open. We also heard that there is a road blockage getting here some kind of protest. Hope cruisers don't have trouble getting back in time for sail away.

Freedom cancelled all the tours to the French side last week. This has been going on for a while

Has it been rough? I am going to Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts & St. Maarten (Out of Fort Lauderdale) in 10 days. Just wondering how the seas have been lately?

I just did that itinerary on the Navigator departing Mar 3 and returning Mar 13. We had a lot of ship movement the entire cruise up until the last day. It wasn't so much the sea swells as much as it was high crosswinds causing it.

Some back to back cruisers that were on the sailing befor mine, said that week had very little motion at all.

Dan.

Has it been rough? I am going to Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts & St. Maarten (Out of Fort Lauderdale) in 10 days. Just wondering how the seas have been lately?

What happened today or yesterday or multiple days from now has little to do with the sea conditions when you're traveling.

We sailed the caribbean the first week of this month and there was such a drastic change between the begining and the end of the cruise. For the first 2 days, it was like we were sailing on a lake - the calmest waters i've ever seen. Later in the trip, the waves were pretty rough and there was a lot of movement.

Good luck on your journey!

We are just off the Oasis.

Last week the ship rocked more than any other time we've sailed on her; actually over several days. We were quite surprised because we had only felt the Oasis or Allure rock only once during our 13 cruises on this class of ship. We had white caps almost every day.

Edited by beachnative

April is usually a fairly calm time to sail. March can have the tail end of winter weather, but April is lovely unless it gets hot enough for thunderstorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is a ridiculous question that you asked, this is along the lines of asking other such questions as:

1. How many Zika virus mosquitos did you see?

2. What was the wind across deck?

3. What color shirt did the cruise director wear?

4. How many times do you flush your toilet in you cabin per number 2?

The question was a lot less ridiculous than your response. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to a US Navy web site that gives wave height forecasts for the next seven days. But remember that forecasts can and do change!

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_all.cgi?type=prod&area=ww3_troplant&prod=sgwvht&dtg=2016031418&set=SeaState

What a great website and cruise planning/expectation management resource. Have it bookmarked. Thanks for sharing!