How many times has your fare been discounted before sailing?

I realize that this is kind of a silly question as it depends on how much time there is between reserving a cruise and the date of the cruise.

But For me I reserved my cruise the first of April. Then the no tax sale came along and I saved $33.00. Then the $100.00 off coupon May 5th-11th.

So I wonder if this will continue or has my luck ran out?

Of course no one knows the future lol but historically for the veteran cruisers how many times has you fare been discounted after making a reservation on RCCL?

We've never counted them all- but we did get two in just one day- which was nice.

Sometimes, they keep coming, others- one big sale, and that's it (the first days of BOGOHO were really good to us).

But I would never stop looking.

... Of course no one knows the future lol but historically for the veteran cruisers how many times has you fare been discounted after making a reservation on RCCL?

We now book most of our cruises when the itineraries first come out, and have had very few price drops lately.

Booked the Anthem 11 months out.

Had 3 drops and one 200$ OBC added before the "final".

Was monitoring daily the site following price drops and phoned my TA, who phoned RC and had the price adjusted and the OBC added.

For Allure, 6 months out, "only" one drop. The same one drop for Jewel 19th March 2017, but, already 3 weeks, this cruise seems to be chartered :confused:

Book as soon as the cruise is published as that's generally the best fare. Very rare that I see a better price/promotion after that.

My upcoming Alaska only continued to increase in cost after booking. If booked that same cruise today I'd being paying over $500.00 more.

We've done 37 cruises and have never had the price drop more than once and never more than $150 p.p. We can go anyplace, anytime so we have the freedom of booking the not so popular cruises departures that have a lower price to begin with. The farthest out we ever booked is nine months and the closest was five weeks.

We now book most of our cruises when the itineraries first come out, and have had very few price drops lately.

That has been my story as well. Most of the time, the price goes up after I book and rarely get any price drops anymore.

We did Oasis in August 2014 as a family. So DH and I and 2 DD's. We had a GS and they had a promenade cabin. Booked as soon as the dates came out. First ever I got a price drop or should I say drops. I was in cruise fare heaven because I got something like 4 price drops totaling around $1000. or better. The last one was the day before final payment I called "for the heck of it" to ask if it had gone down any. I had already paid it off and it actually went down another $500 so I took that as OBC can't remember if we used it for drink packages or photo package, I'm thinking it was the photos.

Usually book the first few days of release (need an accessible - they go really FAST!) and only book balcony or higher. Had 1 drop on a B2B after a new "sale" started way back awhile ago before they stopped applying them to existing bookings - so that really was somewhat of a mistake.

Except for that mistake in my favor - the "drop fairy" is the same as the "upgrade fairy" - someone I just never meet and most likely a figment of fertile imaginations.

Has happened on all 5 of my Royal cruises, including twice on my upcoming cruise. Have sometimes saved several hundred per cabin. Used to be easy with the app that automatically checked daily and alerted you for any drops. I don't think I time my initial purchase very well. :o

excuse the newbie question. If you have paid for your cruise, can you take advantage of price drops? Or is it only if you have put a deposit. Do they lower your price and give you credit automatically or do you have to call them?

Booked a Central Park Balcony on the Oasis with an online TA the end of August with $100.00 obc total ($50/$50 split). A few months later an email comes out from TA for cruise specials. Royal's offering BOGO 50% off, free Voom internet, and OBC. Contacted TA, and with going with new special being offered, obc would total $450 from Royal and TA with Voom at BOGO 50% off.

excuse the newbie question. If you have paid for your cruise, can you take advantage of price drops? Or is it only if you have put a deposit. Do they lower your price and give you credit automatically or do you have to call them?

Panda3 - you can only get the price drop if you haven't paid off the balance, and you do have to call to get it - it's not automatic.

We save dalmost $2000 on our upcoming Alaska cruise. We had balcony rooms for the Aug 26 sailing on the Radiance. For some reason, the price for the balcony on the 12 Aug sailing was about 2K less (it was less than an inside!!). We did lose our OBC ($300) and had to rebook airline tickets ($400 fee), but still were $1300 ahead so it was worthwhile.

I had a nice price drop for one of my Explorer cruises when a CC member mentioned it in our roll call.

For my upcoming sailing, I got a price drop when there was a Canadian resident rate. I don't foresee it getting lower than that, but past final payment date, I will check to see if I can move up categories.

Not so much anymore, but we have had a few good cruises with multiple price drops before though. I think our Mariner cruise in 2009, Mexican Riviera out of LA was the best. That was the year Mariner started sailing North for a while (was it Swine Flu epidemic?) and prices dropped significantly. We were in a balcony, and our daughters were across the hall in an interior. I remember calling once and getting over $1000. :)

Edited by jules815

Two price drops on our Mediterranean cruise in 2009. Our cruise ending up costing us less than half what we booked at. The crash of global markets really took their toll. We had a great time. Sorry for all the pain for those hurt in the crash. Hard to be happy when you know others were devastated.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can get a price drop anytime up until the final payment deadline has passed if you are a US customer.

We had a cruise last summer where I paid off the balance a week before final payment was due, and two days before the final payment deadline the price dropped $500. We lost some OBC but it still netted out by a few hundred. It took a week or so for the refund to appear on the credit card.

Edited by nolesrule